LinkBack Thread Tools
(#91 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-21-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
surely it is alive when the heart is beating etc. its nonsense to say its not alive until its born.that is pie in the sky.
I said legally and in my own morality (i.e opinion) not alive.

Seeing as people are calling abortion murder and talking about post birth killing, then yes the legal definition of what is and isn't "alive as a person" needs to brought into this.

I dislike the word alive being used too much in this discussion, because people get mixed up. I take it here we use alive to mean, is a person, has the same rights as other people(not to have the life ended, to be more than just a part of the mother)

Obviously any cell is alive if we are talking biologically about the use of mitochondria respirating.

What is this idea that heart beating = any more or less alive than any other organ functioning or not functioning.

Heart beating = biology, no relevance to anything here. A bug has a beating heart of somekind but has no legal right not to be squished and not many people have moral objection to this either

(in before people miss my point and think I am comparing people to bugs - I am not, I am saying if you think heart beating=right to life, then I hope you never in your life killed a bug)

When it is alive in terms of having the right to its own life and such =opinion/mortality/law

don't mix them up.
If it is your opinion that a certain organ starting to work has massive significance to you, then it is just an opinion and in my opinion, such stuff is far more "pie in the sky"

Fighting ignorance and slaying a few narutards whilst I am at it.

Last edited by princessmarisa : 01-21-2011 at 04:30 PM.
(#92 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-21-2011, 04:44 PM

One baby in 30 left alive after medical termination | News

fighting ignorance eh?
(#93 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-21-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Yeah and obviously not doing a great job with you.

Why have you linked me something about failed abortion?
I said I know some abortions fail

Is it because they use the word alive in the biological sense in that sentence and you still miss the subtleties of it's meaning there?

Fighting ignorance and slaying a few narutards whilst I am at it.
(#94 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
01-21-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
I am not comparing dogs with humans at all.

Yes the baby is smacked to help it to breathe--and a weak pup can be helped to take its first breath by moving it in a certain way but I am not comparing women to dogs at all

actually bitches will often absorb puppies when there is something amiss with them

I take it that You are familiar with the technique with puppies-- so what is your experience of that. I have helped bring many pups into the world but Never a human being.

Having my own first baby took way too long and my baby died. I was petrified and left all alone-- it was scary.

However you are wrong to say I am comparing humans with dog breeding.
Usually bitches know if they're not supposed to be bred on, so to speak. It's common that they will get VERY vicious towards the male, growl, bite and generally try to snap at him if he comes too close. However, this isn't what I was referring to. I was brought up in a kennel, lived my whole life with dogs, brought up several litters that I took care of with my mom.. I know the drill.
Among breeders it's not the dogs that get to decide who gets 'paired' with who. It's all about health, genetics, relations etc. EVERYTHING is managed and 'under control', meaning that the breeder should hopefully know wth they're doing. However, many females miscarry to the mere fact that they were never supposed to be bred on.

Nowadays we have so many technologies, hormone injections, fertility clinics etc. that can help women get pregnant. I believe that there's a reason for people if they cannot get pregnant and carry the baby all throughout pregnancy.
I agree with you that nature knows best - all the way.

I'm sorry that your child died. I'm surprised they didn't do a c-section, though, to help you deliver. When births take too long (at least where I live), the woman will get a c-section or there will be done something to help the child out. However, it's very sad to hear that you had such an incident and was then left alone.

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#95 (permalink))
Old
File0 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-21-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
It's not really your right to tell other women what would be an easy choice or not.

At this stage in my life, abortion would be an easy choice. I'm sure I'd be aware of pregnancy in the early stages of my pregnancy, and I have no emotional attachment to a collection of cells. I do not deem them as 'alive.'

I do not have the time, money, effort or desire to look after a child. Our care system is overrun, our country is overpopulated, and you can argue about the potential of a child all you like but if I can't give it a decent life then I'd rather it not be born at all. It would ruin my life, because I have a huge phobia of pregnancy and childbirth and it would probably drive me insane. It would really be detrimental to my health.

So it would be an easy choice for me, and I don't believe it's anyone elses right to tell me how to think or feel about my own body.

I don't mind if people would not have abortions and I'd never force my view on others. I can see why abortion would be a difficult and grim idea to a lot of people for whatever reason, and that's completely fine.
It's just my opinion, can't I have one? I'm not upset or anything, I just think many times it's misinterpreted as a minor issue and I also think it shouldn't be.

It's a good thing that you're aware of these things, and that surely you do everything necessary to prevent your pregnancy. But many women don't...
I don't know how they deal with it though, and I cannot possibly tell them not to do it, I don't even desire to.

I don't want to offend you, actually I think it's really nice that you can hold on to your opinion, so please don't be mad or anything but when you say it's an easy choice for you, I can't help but think about the differences between those who can kill easily in war times (I'm not saying you are one) and those who can never shoot a gun, not to mention firing it when pointing at another person.
In the first case it's an act for the sake of the country they live in and for the people they love so much... I cannot imagine how would I react in this situation, cause there are so many pros to use violence for my people's sake(and it scares me that I might be able to kill others to protect my family...), therefore I would never act to provoke another nation, and would do anything to not enter the war in the first place... Not sure if my analogy is appropriate, and not of-topic but even if I might get some blast for it, it's what I think... And I don't think that I'm near to understand what would protecting my people mean, and how far I'd go for it... I'd only know that if I had to chose.

Also I'm wondering if the law said that you cannot have an abortion, would you do it anyway? For what you have said it appears to me, that you don't even accept the law's term that a women cannot have an abortion after a certain time limit. You only accept the babies to be alive, who 'survive' on their own, every others are just a bunch of cells? What do you think? I'm really curious. From when is a fetus alive? From when would you not allow abortion?
(#96 (permalink))
Old
File0 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-21-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
No, I do except those terms. I don't know where you got that. In my country, you can have an abortion for up to 24 weeks. But my question is, why the frick would you leave it that long? If I was in this situation then I'd abort it as soon as possible, then it's less 'alive.' 12 weeks is probably the limit for me, but it certainly wouldn't take me that long to figure it out.

It's not really because I have an emotional attachment to the thing being alive, it's just I'd want it 'out' asap, aswell. I have a phobia of it in general so it being there would just make me feel sick anyway.

You are more than welcome to have an opinion, just as long as you don't tell me that I can't have an abortion when I believe it's not harmful to do so. Or really the lesser of two evils.
Well, I think I understand your stance now.
And for I believe that no one can be changed if not from the inside, I really didn't and don't want to change your opinion.
I just have a different one, and I wanted to defend it...
(#97 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

01-21-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmarisa View Post
Yeah and obviously not doing a great job with you.

Why have you linked me something about failed abortion?
I said I know some abortions fail

Is it because they use the word alive in the biological sense in that sentence and you still miss the subtleties of it's meaning there?
ah well---------------subtleties. Is that what you call so damned convenient isn't it

anyway you think what you think an dI'll think what I think and you were alive in your mothers womb. You did not suddenly become alive when you exited her womb.
(#98 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

01-21-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
No, I do except those terms. I don't know where you got that. In my country, you can have an abortion for up to 24 weeks. But my question is, why the frick would you leave it that long? If I was in this situation then I'd abort it as soon as possible, then it's less 'alive.' 12 weeks is probably the limit for me, but it certainly wouldn't take me that long to figure it out.

It's not really because I have an emotional attachment to the thing being alive, it's just I'd want it 'out' asap, aswell. I have a phobia of it in general so it being there would just make me feel sick anyway.

You are more than welcome to have an opinion, just as long as you don't tell me that I can't have an abortion when I believe it's not harmful to do so. Or really the lesser of two evils.
there can be circumstances why some pregnancies go on too long. There can be many reasons why it carried on too long.

Each person has many other things to consider and so for each they have their own reasons.

personally I hate the thought of a baby being aborted as late as 24 weeks but it happens.

who is telling you you couldn't have an abortion-- you are already stating that you would-- but sometimes a woman does not always know she is pregnant-- don't ask me why or how but what about these surprise births where the mother swears she didn't even know she was pregnant.
maybe you will know immediately after all there are plenty of tests that can be done which has not always been the case.
(#99 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

01-21-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:

THE THING!!!!once upon a time You were a THING in your mothers womb.
(#100 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

01-21-2011, 09:05 PM

I'm sorry that your child died. I'm surprised they didn't do a c-section, though, to help you deliver. When births take too long (at least where I live), the woman will get a c-section or there will be done something to help the child out. However, it's very sad to hear that you had such an incident and was then left alone.[/quote] thanks-- it was the fault of the staff.

maybe but as my baby was born in 1965-- being all alone was no joke. the baby lived for just 48 hours. she was wanted. Kirsteen Helen Cameron was her name.

the hospital in scotland was where Stirling University now stands.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 01-21-2011 at 09:07 PM.