JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#111 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-22-2011, 03:10 PM

Well maybe if she asked me in a decent way rather than dictating to me. I do actually need advice how to separate certain quotes as other members do.

Many of your generation have grown up using computers. You know a lot more than I do. so how about someone helping me to learn how to take quotes as most of you do on here so well.

I do not know how to do it, but there are waqys of asking people. if you are a moderator you need to know how to speak to members without dictating.

ANyway I was replying to later messages.

So please tell me how I can pick separate quotes an dplace into one message as you do.
(#112 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-22-2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
Missmisa; I actually understand that phobia idea. It may be sub concious aspect of realizeing that the featus, wether you think it's alive at that point or not, is still seperate from you. That may creep you out sub conciously.

It is something folks need to understand though, a featus is a seperate entity from the mother, that's why you have a womb in the first place. It seperates the two because if the blood of either mixed they could become hostile to each other. ( It's called the RH factor)

I'm not going to try and tell anyone what to believe here, cause that's useually wasted time anyway. I will point out that we have to be careful culturally about these sorts of things, it becomes a slippery slope when life as a whole looses it's value.

Princess; The atempted murder aspect doesn't work as a arguement in this case because murder itself is against the law, where as abortion isn't. I suppose you could debate when does an abortion become an atempted murder.

There is another tack to consider, some make the case that it's the woman's body and there fore her right to do what she wants. This sets up the idea that the unborn child is her property, as I recall we had an issue with people being property before. So if that's the case, when does the unborn child become it's own owner? At birth? 2? 12? 18? That was even a law I believe in centuries past, where children really were considered property of the parents until a certain age.
My point with the attempted murder thing doesn't matter if it is legal or not I was just trying to make the point that saying someone should be killed at 16 because they were tried to be aborted at minus x months old, has no sense to it, no one would think this it is totally illogical.
Just the same as if you try to do anything and it fails, it doesn't automatically follow that the action must be completed years later.
Attempted murder was the closest example I could think of to illustrate this.

I too thought that was the case we were leading onto, regarding one becoming their own entity, in line with my other opinion I feel that you become your own at birth.

The reason abortion isn't illegal can pretty much come down to when the law considers someone their own entity, so have the right to live which I believe, in the UK at least is birth although I may have to check that, because it doesn't explain why late term abortions are illegal (unless it is for health reasons)
The way I see it,until birth it is part of the mothers body, and although I don't like the word property I will go with it is the same as any other part of her body, hers to do with as she wishes.
I am sure many will disagree which they are fine to do as long as they don't go overboard with personal scathing remarks about me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
Well maybe if she asked me in a decent way rather than dictating to me. I do actually need advice how to separate certain quotes as other members do.

Many of your generation have grown up using computers. You know a lot more than I do. so how about someone helping me to learn how to take quotes as most of you do on here so well.

I do not know how to do it, but there are waqys of asking people. if you are a moderator you need to know how to speak to members without dictating.

ANyway I was replying to later messages.

So please tell me how I can pick separate quotes an dplace into one message as you do.
No one else here was taught how to use forums.
The reason people are OK with technology is not because "they were brought up around it" as if every command entered their brain by osmosis.
They used a thing called experimentation and initiative.

When you press quote notice how in your reply there is a bit of code like

Quote:
[ QUOTE = dogsbody70; 847813 ]
What they wrote goes here
[ /QUOTE ]
copy and paste that into the reply you are writing. you can also manually type it out, without the string of numbers after the name, and it will still work just not link to that post.

Don't include spaces if you type it out, I just put spaces in it so the code would show and not just turn into a quote block.

Fighting ignorance and slaying a few narutards whilst I am at it.

Last edited by princessmarisa : 01-22-2011 at 03:55 PM.
(#113 (permalink))
Old
ModusOperandi (Offline)
JF Regular

01-22-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmarisa
copy and paste that into the reply you are writing. you can also manually type it out, without the string of numbers after the name, and it will still work just not link to that post.

Don't include spaces if you type it out, I just put spaces in it so the code would show and not just turn into a quote block.
-----

Well, I was about to make a detailed post on how to quote different sections of a post, but since you've already undertaken the task, I'll just leave the images I made here if dogsbody70 would like illustrations on how to quote people.

Image 1 - These are the 4 parts we're going to divide your post into.

Image 2 - you'll need to press the reply button to begin.

Image 3 - you'll need to understand how to use opening and closing tags as well as tag properties.

For example [ ] is an open tag and by placing a back slash in it like so: [ /] makes it a closed tag.
For the sake of quoting, we're going to place the word QUOTE inside an open tag to mark the beginning of a quote like so: [ QUOTE] if you want to include the name of the person you're quoting, then include the following in the opening tag: [ QUOTE = *person's user name*]
then mark the end of the quote by inserting the closed quote tag: [ /QUOTE]

It may sound jarring at first, but BB code is very simple and a standard in most online messaging boards. I recommend reading a few of the many articles on it on the web to develop a basic familiarity...

Image 4 - here, I've inserted quote tags in your post to show you how it's done. Image number 5 will show you how the quote tags will divide your post.

Image 5

Image 6

I think the last two pictures are pretty self-explanatory but, if you have any more questions dogsbody70, feel free to ask me via private messaging in order to avoid derailing the thread too much.
--------------------------------------------

And, in order to stay on topic, I'll state that I'm not against abortion in the most dire of cases (risk of death to mother, rape, etc.) aside from dire cases, it's a no-go for me. All in all, I've known a few people who have aborted for one reason or another and if there is something I've learned from these individuals -- no matter what their reasons were -- it's that whether you like it or not, and whatever your mentality is at the point before/during abortion, after it happens, it's a cross to bear and it haunts them.

I'm not saying this feeling is universal, there may be some people out there I have yet to meet who have had an abortion and couldn't care less, but I can only speak for the people I've known and all of them have told me there are those moments of deep regret.

The whole Idea of abortion is a scary thought to be honest. Especially when it's abused. Places in India where they figure out the sex of a baby and eliminate it if it happens to be a girl just to avoid paying some sort of dowry...

Blah...

Too many factors, negative/positive lie within the pro/ anti abortion sides, but if I had to vote, I'd vote for an extremely regulated pro-abortion option.
(#114 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

01-22-2011, 05:58 PM

thank you very much for theuseful advice. I will print it out and try it. I am a very slow learner-- so thanks., Domoarigotogozaimasu

PS Princess did you enjoy trying to make me look me look foolish.

thanks for your help but not the uncalled for comments.

when you help people usually its done in a kind way. but thank you anyway.

thank you Modus Operandi.

I have actually tried different ways usually using the QUOTE button but separating the various sections never seemed to work for me.

I'll try later to see if I can master what seems simple for everyone else but me.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 01-22-2011 at 06:09 PM.
(#115 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-22-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:

PS Princess did you enjoy trying to make me look me look foolish.
Believe you me, you manage that well enough yourself.

(#116 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

01-22-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmarisa View Post
Believe you me, you manage that well enough yourself.
thank YOU your highness.
(#117 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-22-2011, 06:48 PM

Hopefully I'm not pulling the topic too far away from the current train of discussion, but I had to ask, what are everyone's thoughts considered the time-limit to abortions?

It's just after reading through the posts about the speed a baby develops, about the survival rates and so forth, I was curious - for those that support abortion - how they feel about the 'deadlines' in their respective countries, and what they think the 'deadlines' should be? Like in England, for example, I think we can legally have abortions up to 24 weeks, and there's been a lot of debate in the past few years because a lot of babies can survive around that time, and some people believe the 'deadline' should be a lot lower. I think in some countries you can only have an abortion up to twelve weeks, as some have said? So yeah - I was just curious as to what people thought really . . .
(#118 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-22-2011, 07:18 PM

I think it is dangerous to make abortion illegal after any point because then people will start to have backstreet abortions, or travel to countries it is legal in.

Also what if past the maximum week the mothers life was in danger, if abortion has become illegal whos life gets priority, and do we have to have lots of exceptions to the rule, that will just be abused anyway?

As science improves in theory the baby could survive outside the womb with medical intervention at earlier and earlier stages, if the current trend it to put the stopper where the child can survive alone. Does this mean in 10-20years abortions will be illegal after say 6weeks if science has developed an artificial womb?

If it is 24weeks currently this seems a compromise on enough time to allow the mothers realisation she is pregnant, her decision, and to deal with waiting lists and such for the operation. Any sooner and I worry that there will be no time to make the decision, get on the waiting list and have the operation in the 12weeks.

(Remember it isn't counted from the day you get pregnant, it is counted from the last day you had a real period, so you are often in the way it is measured 4weeks pregnant before you even realise.)
My own mum didn't know she was pregnant with me till after she had 2 period-like-spottings whilst pregnant and didn't really put on much weight.
This means in the way it was counted, by the time she found out she was pretty much out of time to make the decision if it was a 12week rule, if she had wanted to.

She was in her 30s, but young girls getting pregnant will have even more erratic cycles and always changing weight and feeling moody so might not notice till much later.

As I said I think the date should be until birth, theoretically. Although this is not really possible, and will have such strong opposition, that 24weeks seems a good compromise, and is not a decision that will have been made lightly by the authorities. If it was up to me I would push it back a little further really.

(#119 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
01-22-2011, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NanteNa View Post
dogsbody70 - PLEASE stop double-posting. You're flooding the thread. Just use the 'edit' button. Super easy and much more space-saving than you posting entry after entry.. ^^v Thanks
you have a cheek telling me what I should be doing.

I usually am responding to others messages---
I actually have two cheeks. And as a mod of JapanForum, I'm part of the crew making sure that rules are being 'obeyed' so to speak. So yeah..

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#120 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

01-23-2011, 03:15 AM

Missmisa, Becareful with "survive on it's own". A newborn would be seperate as an individual and certainly surveing on it's own as to breathing, but it's completely helpless with out the mother to care for it. I would also contend that a child is pretty much helpless to survive on it's "Own" for the first several years of it's life.

Princessmarisa; I'm not going to berate you for haveing an opion contrary to mine. I will offer idea's as to why I think how I do and your free to decide wether you agree or not.

I may come across as bombastic sometimes as I tend to exspress things in a blunt, straight forward manner, seldom considering secondary aspects to any given discussion. However, my bark is worse than my bite.