LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
File0 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-12-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
Ah, I am very sorry, it seems I've gotten the religions slightly mixed up! I did a very quick search and you were right, - Catholics believe that life and the soul start from conception - although why I thought otherwise I'm not sure. Anyways, some religions such as Judaism and Islam believe the soul enters the body at a set number of days, which is when it is 'alive'.

Human life - it's just one link mind, so it'd probably best to look around before assuming the information is exactly right. I'm actually rather curious now so I may do a larger search, lol.
Some Christians say life begins at the time when blood appears. The modern interpretation is: when the heart begins to beat (around the 18th day). - It's because the Bible consists (quite a lot)sentences about the life and the blood connection.
Christianity has too many branch, if you ask me...
(#22 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
01-13-2011, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
for goodness sake Have you looked at those videos of scans of babies in the womb>

It is a living creature-- Not just some damned unwanted piece of meat to be discarded so easily.
For goodness sake, right back at you boy.

Have you looked at photos and tapes of kids from broken homes? Kids who may have suffered many kinds of abuse and psychological neglect because their mother was 'forced' to have them because a baby is not just "some damned unwanted piece of meat to be discarded so easily."? Have you read about what birth depression causes mothers to do to their children? Some of these mothers probably wanted the children at some point.. but if you feel mentally unable to provide what a newborn child needs, then there's no need to bring something to the world that'll only live in misery, feeling unwanted, abandoned and out of place.

I think the abortion pill (we call it the 'regret pill', which seems kinda weird.. oh well) is fine. It's only functional up to a certain time frame and at least here in Denmark you can't get an abortion when the fetus is older than 9-15 weeks, I think.. It's a big gap, but I really don't remember.

A baby that hasn't been born into this world, obviously can't look through a peep-hole in the belly button to see what it's missing, and I highly doubt that it's gonna go to 'Heaven' (or whatever people wish to believe in) and object to God.

Edit: Either way, it's very common that 'first time'-mommies lose their first child before 15 weeks. Natural abortion, really. Is that wrong too?

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#23 (permalink))
Old
SCIFFIX (Offline)
Hokuto Shinken master.

Send a message via MSN to SCIFFIX
01-13-2011, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanteNa View Post
For goodness sake, right back at you boy.

Have you looked at photos and tapes of kids from broken homes? Kids who may have suffered many kinds of abuse and psychological neglect because their mother was 'forced' to have them because a baby is not just "some damned unwanted piece of meat to be discarded so easily."? Have you read about what birth depression causes mothers to do to their children? Some of these mothers probably wanted the children at some point.. but if you feel mentally unable to provide what a newborn child needs, then there's no need to bring something to the world that'll only live in misery, feeling unwanted, abandoned and out of place.

I think the abortion pill (we call it the 'regret pill', which seems kinda weird.. oh well) is fine. It's only functional up to a certain time frame and at least here in Denmark you can't get an abortion when the fetus is older than 9-15 weeks, I think.. It's a big gap, but I really don't remember.

A baby that hasn't been born into this world, obviously can't look through a peep-hole in the belly button to see what it's missing, and I highly doubt that it's gonna go to 'Heaven' (or whatever people wish to believe in) and object to God.

Edit: Either way, it's very common that 'first time'-mommies lose their first child before 15 weeks. Natural abortion, really. Is that wrong too?
I'm not defending Catholicism or Christianism, according to the canonical source when a old person (you can put any person here) dies by a natural death it's not wrong, but a person kill another person IS wrong. What is natural is natural. The Catholicism point of view is the same for abortion because someone (not natural abortion) kill the fetus that the canonical source consider a person so it's murder in the reason that a human being don't have right to kill another human being. To exemplify better their view is: abortion is the same as getting a gun and kill your neighbor or anyone else.

Video Games: Serious Business

Last edited by SCIFFIX : 01-13-2011 at 02:37 AM.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
HannahUFO (Offline)
New to JF

01-13-2011, 02:16 AM

I'm a Christian but I'm not against purely for that reason. I think that every life is sacred and special. There's been numerous cases where it's caused physical and mental trauma. Then again I suppose there has also been cases where it's been fine.
I just think that every life should be given a chance no matter what. Who knows what they would accomplish in life. I think it is completely wrong for someone to have an abortion just because they got pregnant because there wasn't protection, or it was an accident, or whatever the reason.
To each their own, people have to live with it if they decide to do it. It's just my opinion though. Everyone has their own.

What shall we do? All of us passionate girls who fear crushing the boys we love with our mouths like caverns of teeth, our mushrooming brains, our watermelon hearts.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-13-2011, 04:44 AM

I understand the mother's body arguement, however, to me. The RH factor prooves it isn't the mother's body at all, but a seperate life. If this RH factor comes into play and the mother's blood and baby's blood accidently mix, they will fight each other.

Eugenics may sound like a nice idea, but it will allways be corrupted, because man is corrupted. I used hyperbole because with the Nazi's "aborting" unwanted people was actually the law. That was what the "Final solution" was all about.

Science doesn't make moral commitments to anything , it doesn't know right or wrong in what it does, it simply is. That's why you can't let science dictate law. Science will find it jusifiable to kill a million if the knowledge gleened can better everyone else. That's the path Eugenics envaribly takes.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
pandaman101 (Offline)
New to JF

01-13-2011, 07:44 AM

I am proabortion.

I belive that its the womans choice. If she doesn't want it, get rid of it.

I'm against adoption, there are too many kids waiting to be adopted.

Actually in some areas of the world , a man can go to jail/charged if he forces a woman to get an abortion.

Woman body = woman choice.
Man made choice when he didn't wear the condom.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

01-13-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahUFO View Post
I think that every life is sacred and special.
ahhhh....i'll let this guy explain.
link to youtube - sanctity of life

Last edited by evanny : 01-13-2011 at 08:06 AM.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-13-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaman101 View Post
Woman body = woman choice.
Man made choice when he didn't wear the condom.
And what's your stance if the man did wear a condom?
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
01-13-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanteNa View Post
Have you looked at photos and tapes of kids from broken homes? Kids who may have suffered many kinds of abuse and psychological neglect because their mother was 'forced' to have them because a baby is not just "some damned unwanted piece of meat to be discarded so easily."?
While I don`t want to get involved in any debate about abortion itself... I think there are some flaws in the arguments you present.
There are just as many children who were "wanted" that end up abused as those who weren`t wanted. A person who makes a selfish decision to have a baby because they want a cute little pet person is a lot more likely to end up neglecting or abusing the child once they realize that it`s not just an accessory.

Quote:
Have you read about what birth depression causes mothers to do to their children?
This is a very bad example. Postpartum depression is said to be far more common in mothers who DO want their children. When a baby is wanted and there is a lot of looking forward to it`s arrival... Only to have it not be the level of joy that was expected, and then feelings of something being wrong because the joy isn`t being felt... and then the spiral of hormonal changes and the stress of not feeling what everyone tells you should be felt.

Quote:
Some of these mothers probably wanted the children at some point.. but if you feel mentally unable to provide what a newborn child needs, then there's no need to bring something to the world that'll only live in misery, feeling unwanted, abandoned and out of place.
The problem is that if the mothers feel they wanted the child... It isn`t as if you can "abort" the baby once it`s born. The mothers who feel they want the baby and then are unable to care for it don`t realize this until a baby is THERE.

Personally, when there is no doubt that the baby could not be cared for and no doubt that the baby is unwanted at this time, I see no problems with having an early abortion. Obviously it`s best to not get pregnant to begin with, but the world is not a perfect place.
I do have an issue with "selfish" abortions - the kind where the mother didn`t really bother with birth control because she can always get an abortion.
If you don`t want / cannot care for a baby, do your very best not to get pregnant... And if you do, abortion should be the last resort and should be done ASAP. I think that in most cases, this is the way it is. Frivolous abortions are not very common.

I just kind of wish there was some way to punish the type who doesn`t really bother with birth control, thinking it will never happen to them, without causing an unwanted child to be brought into the world.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.

Last edited by Nyororin : 01-13-2011 at 03:59 PM. Reason: typo
(#30 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-13-2011, 02:31 PM

Hi Nyrorin you have said it all really-- You have a gift.