JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
harmony12 (Offline)
New to JF

Smile Dolphins save human lives - 01-22-2011, 05:38 PM

There are reports from around the world confirming that dolphins have saved human lives, please see attachments. Would this change anyones opinion on eating dolphin and/or whale meat and how they are kept within a captive environment?

UnderwaterTimes | Hero Dolphin Seen Trying To Rescue Filipino Fisherman From Drownin
Beluga Whale Saves Distressed Free Diver
Friendly dolphin saves teenage boy from drowning
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6973994.ece

Thank you
(#2 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

01-22-2011, 08:30 PM

well...they could save a lot more lives if they were eaten. imagine now how many starving children could be saved if we would just give dolphins to them to eat. those couple of cases you mention would be meaningless in comparison.

P.S why didn't you publish cases where Dolphins kill people? there are 10 times more of those. read this. one of many cases still think they are our saviours? killer whale is actually considered as species of dolphin...hmmm. sounds like something that wouldn't rush to help you, now does it?

your argument falls face first in a brick wall.

Last edited by evanny : 01-22-2011 at 08:36 PM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
harmony12 (Offline)
New to JF

01-22-2011, 09:20 PM

I am wondering why you always respond quite aggressively to different topics and cannot have a mature discussion. I am not raising any argument just trying to understand peoples different perspectives but as you are not Japanese I cannot take your opinion all that seriously.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
harmony12 (Offline)
New to JF

01-22-2011, 09:34 PM

Hi MissMisa - Thank you for your post I was not dismissing the opinion I guess it may have come across that way to which I apologise but think it would be beneficial to discuss as oppossed to be aggressive.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-22-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmony12 View Post
There are reports from around the world confirming that dolphins have saved human lives, please see attachments. Would this change anyones opinion on eating dolphin and/or whale meat and how they are kept within a captive environment?

UnderwaterTimes | Hero Dolphin Seen Trying To Rescue Filipino Fisherman From Drownin
Beluga Whale Saves Distressed Free Diver
Friendly dolphin saves teenage boy from drowning
Scientists say dolphins should be treated as 'non-human persons' - Times Online

Thank you
What's your opinion about aquariums world-wide having dolphins in captivity? Should they all be freed? It doesn't matter how comfortable the environ, captivity is captivity.... I'm just curious what your take is.... I, myself, haven't formed an opinion on the whole thing yet....
(#6 (permalink))
Old
harmony12 (Offline)
New to JF

01-22-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
What's your opinion about aquariums world-wide having dolphins in captivity? Should they all be freed? It doesn't matter how comfortable the environ, captivity is captivity.... I'm just curious what your take is.... I, myself, haven't formed an opinion on the whole thing yet....
Hello - my personal opinion is that I feel all dolphins/whales belong in the ocean. I cannot understand the concept that they should be entertaining humankind for our own selfish needs. What are your thoughts?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

01-22-2011, 11:00 PM

harmony. well.
you would also develop aggressive attitude when every week there is a new discussion about dolphins.
you could do a search and find all, and i mean all, opinions in this forum.

so. i don't bother any more to be polite and i get straight to the point.

argument that dolphins should be saved because they save human lives is bonkers.

actually. these dolphin topics could also be added to the religion/race section. just go over all the others that have come before - nothing but discussions from both parties about how a big an idiot the other is.

P.S love your text about "he's not japanese, so screw him..."