JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#281 (permalink))
Old
dannavy85 (Offline)
JF Regular

03-12-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
The level of radiation has already fallen more than 90% and the plant will probably be cleaned up within a matter of months.
If they don't get the threat of melt down under control soon, this will make Hiroshima pale in the amount of death and desivation it caused.

USN Japan 1985 - 1997, best years of my life.
(#282 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

03-12-2011, 09:54 PM

I still can not believe this is really happening Such a sad time for all of us.. everybody is praying for you guys! You handled so many disasters already, you will fight through this one too my friends.

Our thoughts are with you all!
(#283 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-12-2011, 10:05 PM

They spent several centuries to build those cities. Earthquake and tsunami swept them away in a few minutes. What a joke! and you know what? we build the cities again

Jah Rastafaaari. Yeah pasta for life
(#284 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

03-12-2011, 10:12 PM

I send prayers to those in JapanI hope the death numbers stay low and Japan will be able to still go strong very soon...I hope the missing are found...

Ironically I just watched Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. I now wonder how much of tha is true right now.

I hope everyone worried about loved ones have their worries put to rest

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#285 (permalink))
Old
protheus (Offline)
Arthur et Les Minimoys

Send a message via Yahoo to protheus
03-12-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
I just wondered how the issue was being covered in other countries outside of the UK and Japan? How is the media handling this in the rest of the world?
One news channel "broadcasted" nonstop since yesterday about this. A political paired news channel transformed the event into what the government in power doesn't do for our country, another one transformed this event in a fault of our own government lack of response (to what i really don't know) and the last one said that the entire fault was because the cutoff of salary made last year and the president in charge...here.
The other non-political just broadcasted the news during normal news hours, and periodic updates when something new came up.

Reverse psychology, "dear Watson", reverse psychology.
"Manganese? Is that manga language?" - lol?

Last edited by protheus : 03-12-2011 at 10:16 PM.
(#286 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

03-12-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsygypsy View Post
They spent several centuries to build those cities. Earthquake and tsunami swept them away in a few minutes. What a joke! and you know what? we build the cities again
Your beautiful country is to strong for Natural Disasters!
(#287 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-12-2011, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
Your beautiful country is to strong for Natural Disasters!
nah nobody can be stronger than mother nature. but we just gotta do what we gotta do. we gotta build new cities and live peacefully. and I'm pretty sure that someday the earthquake and tsunami again will take our new cities away and you'll see all those crying people on CNN. and we build new cities again and again and again....

(#288 (permalink))
Old
Anjin (Offline)
JF Regular

03-12-2011, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsygypsy View Post
nah nobody can be stronger than mother nature. but we just gotta do what we gotta do. we gotta build new cities and live peacefully. and I'm pretty sure that someday the earthquake and tsunami again will take our new cities away and you'll see all those crying people on CNN. and we build new cities again and again and again....
Japan can rebuild but it will be hard and long process.
(#289 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-12-2011, 10:42 PM

By the way, I wanna thank everyone all around the world. Many countries are sending rescue teams to Japan. And many of us are having heartwarming messages via twitter, and SNS. We'll never forget that.

(#290 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-12-2011, 10:44 PM

Unbelievable. It doesn't seem real somehow. It's like a disaster film. I just can't quite believe it's happening. This is gonna be so hard to rebuild.

Last night they said Taiwan and the Phillipines were fine and I still wasn't quite sure it was over and sure enough it affected Chile and the US.