(#341 (permalink))
Old
Oppett (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to Oppett
03-13-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
It's been a little more than 48 hours, and life in Tokyo seems normal, as though nothing has happened. Kids are in school (even though it's Sunday), all the shops and stores are running, and there was even a line in front of Bic Camera waiting for it to open.

Some television stations have returned to regular programming, which is okay, 24 hour disaster coverage gets old, and you can only look at it for so long.

Home videos are starting to turn up, and many of these are more dramatic than what the helicopters and remote webcams picked up.

The prime minister and other politicians have made the usual speeches, saying nothing of substance, and passing the buck to underlings and technicians who will take the fall if they make any mistakes. There is no leadership, but fortunately the rescuers and the people themselves seem taking care of things on their own.

There continue to be aftershocks and new quakes, but they are becoming less frequent and less intense. Oops, spoke too soon, another one is hitting.

Rather than watching the news, I'm enjoying an old episode of Ultraman...
Glad to see that Japan is recovering so quickly

Here are some thoughts from Tunisia :

Tunisians express their solidarity with Japanese | Facebook

From Tunisia : Thoughts & Prayers For The People In Japan - Organization | Facebook
(#342 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post tokyo - 03-13-2011, 11:20 AM

post deleted

Last edited by termogard : 03-13-2011 at 11:58 AM.
(#343 (permalink))
Old
ColinHowell (Offline)
JF Regular

03-13-2011, 11:51 AM

People, please stop spreading the revolting "OMG Pearl Harbor!" image around. Those who originally wrote that garbage are merely trolls who amuse themselves by trying to upset people, and by repeating their messages and getting enraged, you're only giving them what they want. They aren't worth any attention at all.
(#344 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-13-2011, 12:15 PM

it makes me appreciate where i live and that my home in uk is still standing.

i worry very much about the after effects of the nuclear reactor and the long tem affects on so many people. will those ever be truly safe.
(#345 (permalink))
Old
globetrotter36 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to globetrotter36
03-13-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
As above.

I'm glad to hear Japan is recovering, though.
Unfortunately a lot of people will suffer the after effects for a long time.
(#346 (permalink))
Old
globetrotter36 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to globetrotter36
03-13-2011, 12:50 PM

To the Troll(s),
You really are a a bunch of retards! Does it not occur to you that most Japanese alive today were not even born when Pearl Harbour was bombed for those that were and were involved most were merely following orders. You really should read up the history before sounding your mouth off.

Now consider this; if you are American have a good look at the actions of your own troops in various wars around the globe past and present! Should you be British then have a look at the actions of officers in Burma who shot innocent civilians, remember General Dwyer in India?

Such examples don't stop with the British and Americans of course, the point is Pear Harbour happened during war time for a reason. Do get your history book out!
(#347 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

03-13-2011, 01:08 PM

When a disaster strike anywhere around the world, Japan never fail to jump in and help. It is only fair that everyone go help Japan now.

Mother nature don't care about historic events, race and skin color. Whatever happened in the past are political, and has nothing to do with any rescue effort that should happen now.

Anyways, After trying for 2 days, I finally got a hold of my uncle in Saitama, its far from Sendai, but his phone line was busy because everyone was on the phone trying to get a hold of others. My cousin is stranded in Osaka on a business trip... Though he has a friend that live in Fukushima (They only just came here to visit me last summer), and cannot get in contact with this family. I vaguely remember them telling me that "We live in Fukushima, I can see the ocean from my house". I hope they are ok
(#348 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post speech - 03-13-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter36 View Post
To the Troll(s),
You really are a a bunch of retards! Do get your history book out!
You are addressing to brainless infusorias. They haven't history books.
(#349 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-13-2011, 01:41 PM

They were saying tonight on the news that the death toll in Miyagi prefecture alone could exceed 10,000. Truly terrible.
(#350 (permalink))
Old
eezy1 (Offline)
JF Regular

03-13-2011, 01:42 PM

been following this on the bbc news channel from the beginning. so sorry for everyone its affected.

my thoughts n prayers are with u all. stay strong guys