LinkBack Thread Tools
(#351 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post news - 03-13-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
They were saying tonight on the news that the death toll in Miyagi prefecture alone could exceed 10,000. Truly terrible.
Many people are still considered missing.....
(#352 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-13-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanny View Post
if you know any of these retarded hill-billy assholes, please take your shotgun and blast their fucking heads of. thank you.
Oh those people are quite nice. I mean seriously. Anger can be motivation to fight against terrible situation.

Jah Rastafaaari. Yeah pasta for life
(#353 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-13-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by termogard View Post
Many people are still considered missing.....

I know that, just relating what they were saying on the Japanese news. I doubt very much they are overstating the situation.
(#354 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-13-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
I know that, just relating what they were saying on the Japanese news. I doubt very much they are overstating the situation.
by the way, how's everything there? It was just like usual Sunday here except for those aftershocks. Things are coming back to normal there?

(#355 (permalink))
Old
eezy1 (Offline)
JF Regular

03-13-2011, 01:58 PM

how the japanese(civilians especially) are handling this is a testament to the country and character of its people. no disruption seems to be reported
(#356 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

03-13-2011, 02:03 PM

Hokkaido got off very lightly. The earthquake was only felt as a 3 here so no damage from that. The tsunami did hit coastal areas but took awhile to reach here so there was plenty of warning and last I heard only 1 death in Hakodate. Seems an old guy slipped and maybe knocked himself out when around 40cm of water came into his house. He drowned. Other than some relatively minor damage in a few coastal towns we've not had any issues with power outages or anything really having to shut down. Life going on pretty much as normal. We've been very fortunate.
(#357 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-13-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eezy1 View Post
how the japanese(civilians especially) are handling this is a testament to the country and character of its people. no disruption seems to be reported
Well, people are putting up with this situation. They are trying to be calm. Whole city was kinda chaotic on the day earthquake hit us. But it's getting quite calm now( except for tohoku region)

(#358 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

03-13-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eezy1 View Post
There's a huge amount of disruption in those areas affected by the tsunami and beyond!! And there are rolling power outages across many areas of Honshu. Whole towns are completely wiped off the map. Transport has been severely disrupted in many areas. Yes the Japanese people will pull together and get through this but don't kid yourself that there's no disruption to normal life here!!

Last edited by GoNative : 03-13-2011 at 02:10 PM.
(#359 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-13-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Hokkaido got off very lightly. The earthquake was only felt as a 3 here so no damage from that. The tsunami did hit coastal areas but took awhile to reach here so there was plenty of warning and last I heard only 1 death in Hakodate. Seems an old guy slipped and maybe knocked himself out when around 40cm of water came into his house. He drowned. Other than some relatively minor damage in a few coastal towns we've not had any issues with power outages or anything really having to shut down. Life going on pretty much as normal. We've been very fortunate.
I'm glad to hear that. and I'm so sorry for that guy drowned.

(#360 (permalink))
Old
SgtBeavis (Offline)
JF Regular

03-13-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanny View Post
if you know any of these retarded hill-billy assholes, please take your shotgun and blast their fucking heads of. thank you.
How much you wanna bet that 4chan is on the case.