JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#361 (permalink))
Old
kouichisan (Offline)
おす!

03-13-2011, 02:09 PM

The first thing I did was call and email my friends living in Japan, some of them weren't replying which made me quite worried for them. At last I found out they were ok. I can imagine other peoples families are feeling it 10x more.

We all feel as though we want to go there and help them, but we're so far, and helpless. So we should support the people that do have the resources to help.

I've been browsing the web and these are pleas from people around the world...

YouTube - Please help Japan!!! Japan Earthquake/東北地方太平洋沖地震の募金情報募ります
(in Japanese)

English
YouTube - Please Help Japan

YouTube - Magnitude 8.9 Earthquake & Tsunami Hit Japan 3/11/2011. How We Can Help. #PrayForJapan.

YouTube - Earthquake in Japan and How to Help

YouTube - How to HELP the JAPAN RELIEF EFFORT!

Thank you for watching.

Join the following Facebook Groups in Memory of the People who died

RIP to the People who Died in the Tsunami and Earthquake in Japan

A Prayer for Japan - Victims of March 11, 2011 Earthquake and Tsunami | Facebook

p.s. sorry for pasting this in from another thread, I think many of you will find this interesting.
(#362 (permalink))
Old
eezy1 (Offline)
JF Regular

03-13-2011, 02:11 PM

my bad. i meant disruption as in looting and anti social behaviour due to the situation they find themselves in
(#363 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-13-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eezy1 View Post
my bad. i meant disruption as in looting and anti social behaviour due to the situation they find themselves in
nothing like that happened so far. beverage companies provided free drinks by vending machines. major electronics retailer provided free cell phone batteries for people having hard time calling their families. Many business owners provided free meals for those who were walking back to their homes since we had no public transportation services on that day. There was no disasters caused by human.

Jah Rastafaaari. Yeah pasta for life
(#364 (permalink))
Old
eezy1 (Offline)
JF Regular

03-13-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsygypsy View Post
nothing like that happened so far. beverage companies provided free drinks by vending machines. major electronics retailer provided free cell phone batteries for people having hard time calling their families. Many business owners provided free meals for those who were walking back to their homes since we had no public transportation services on that day. There was no disasters caused by human.
yeh thats why you guys are gonna be ok and pull through this tragedy. everyone wants to chip in. this should bring the country and all its allies closer together
(#365 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-13-2011, 02:24 PM

and now I'm watching TV and it's pretty disappointing. Now I figured out that fukushima plant risk has not gone yet. and government assumes that another big earthquake will hit us again within 3days. probability of another big one ( over magnitude 7 ) in 3days is 70%. and 50% in 6days.

(#366 (permalink))
Old
kouichisan (Offline)
おす!

03-13-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Japanese people are more civilised, this is one of the things that has always interested me about Japan. I like this type of ethic, and I wish other people would behave the same.

Quote:
and now I'm watching TV and it's pretty disappointing. Now I figured out that fukushima plant risk has not gone yet. and government assumes that another big earthquake will hit us again within 3days. probability of another big one ( over magnitude 7 ) in 3days is 70%. and 50% in 6days.
Hang in there guys
(#367 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-13-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouichisan View Post
Japanese people are more civilised, this is one of the things that has always interested me about Japan. I like this type of ethic, and I wish other people would behave the same.
I wish everyone would keep those ethic and calmness until everything subsides.

(#368 (permalink))
Old
Diogo (Offline)
New to JF

03-13-2011, 02:47 PM

I just saw in the news that a volcano is erupting

Assassin's Creed forever
(#369 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?