JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#401 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-13-2011, 11:28 PM

I thought you didn't really have a major problem with your Government.
(#402 (permalink))
Old
kouichisan (Offline)
おす!

03-13-2011, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by protheus View Post
Yeah, I also advise medics to tell cancer cases that they're going to die, and if it doesn't happen, just tell them they were the lucky ones...
Now, seriously, how is better if you know that the worse can or may happen? Isn't it better to keep a positive thought on things?
That's not what I mean, if they won't be able to fix the problem and the problem becomes worse than anticipated. Then it would be better for the public to know, so they can get out of there asap. I know they have evacuated up 20km, but will that be enough?. I'm no scientist, so I don't know, but it won't be surprising if many people think the same, so the public have a genuine reason to be concerned.
(#403 (permalink))
Old
Klint (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-14-2011, 12:13 AM

ABC News - Japan Earthquake: before and after

"Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?"
(#404 (permalink))
Old
kouichisan (Offline)
おす!

03-14-2011, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klint View Post
That is crazy
(#405 (permalink))
Old
HollywoodDon (Offline)
New to JF

Sadness - 03-14-2011, 12:34 AM

God bless the dead, their families, and friends and all of you......this came out of nowhere.....it could happen to any of us....hang in there, folks....
(#406 (permalink))
Old
globetrotter36 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to globetrotter36
03-14-2011, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
While the JNTO (Japan National Tourism Organization) recommends one to check the news for the latest on the quake, they don't outright warn people not to go to Japan. I have seen news on MSNBC.com that states the U.S. and the U.K. are warning tourists not to go there and the French government is actually advising French nationals to leave the country as soon as possible. I don't know if any of these reports are factual and if they are if they are in any way related to the possible nuclear fallout that may occur if things worsen in Fukushima Daichi and Daini.

Has anyone else seen or read about these reports? Common sense dictates not to go there for a while just so one doesn't become a burden. I know the government will start an advertizing campaign when it thinks it's ready to allow tourists to begin visiting the affected areas. I know it's going to take a long time for that to happen.
This is from the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office website;

Japan travel advice

Last edited by globetrotter36 : 03-14-2011 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Clarity
(#407 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-14-2011, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokusatsufan View Post
I thought you didn't really have a major problem with your Government.
I don`t think that this is really because there is a major problem with the government. Just how incredibly SLOW they are being to release information on the state of things with the reactors.

I can kind of understand, as it is hard to confirm the exact situation (can`t really just stick your head inside and check)... But not saying ANYTHING is what is fueling stress and rumors. And then saying "There is nothing that needs to be reported at this time" kind of makes you raise your eyebrows because obviously SOMETHING is still happening.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#408 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-14-2011, 01:04 AM

By the way, the first Tokyo stock market since the earthquake had opened about an hour ago. And as I expected, stock average went down more than 500JPY since last Friday. Bank of Japan (central bank ) had decided to pour 7,000,000,000,000JPY into the market for the short term stability. And I had decided not to give up all my stocks.

If you don't mind losing some money, please buy some Japanese stocks. and if you already have some, please do not give them up. That's another way to support Japan.

And if you are into foreign exchange market, sell JPY. Getting JPY weaker makes it easier for debtor nations to repay us. We might need instant and sufficient money.

Jah Rastafaaari. Yeah pasta for life

Last edited by MMM : 03-14-2011 at 02:29 AM.
(#409 (permalink))
Old
shu (Offline)
JF Wanker

Send a message via Yahoo to shu
03-14-2011, 01:28 AM

after watching these events unfold you see that their is no god in this world.
(#410 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-14-2011, 02:17 AM

The following link is a long read but hopefully will give some peace of mind regarding the reactors. There appears to be a lot of speculation that has little to do with reality going around. This is only a blog but I think it reasonably outlays the possible outcomes.

Why I am not worried about Japan’s nuclear reactors. | Morgsatlarge – blogorific.