LinkBack Thread Tools
(#431 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-14-2011, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu View Post
after watching these events unfold you see that their is no god in this world.
Many might say that the opposite is true.
(#432 (permalink))
Old
josebrown (Offline)
JF Regular

03-14-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
Many might say that the opposite is true.

+1 Sangetsu
(#433 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post explosion - 03-14-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
There does appear to have been a hydrogen explosion at the #3 reactor similar to the one at the #1 reactor. I don't believe there has been any damage to the containment vessels though so no significant release of radioactive materials. They had warned that an explosion was likely. The explosion occurs outside of the containment vessels from release of gases to reduce pressure.
"I don't believe there has been any damage to the containment vessels", you said. But nobody knows perfectly about real-time events inside cores of nuclear reactors in damaged blocks. We saw two powerful explosions of hydrogen. Blocks of reactors were significantly destroyed. Can any "paper theorists" figure an impact to core vessels caused by those explosions?! Containment vessels were built 40 years ago or so.
They have to work upon ALL possible negative consequences, include heavy leak of radioactivity and further radioactive poisoning of nearby territory. Nobody of japanese engineers and technicians have a right to claim something like " I don' care about reactor 'cause it's not soviet but proven western design" like that "paper theorist" already did.

Last edited by termogard : 03-14-2011 at 07:56 AM. Reason: typo
(#434 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-14-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
This is an incredible, and I mean INCREDIBLE video that really gives you the experience of a tsunami in real time.

It is six minutes long, and I recommend watching it all with no fast forward. Mind blowing.

Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide
The link didn`t work for me, but doing a search brought it up.

As with a lot of the other videos out now... It honestly looks like some of the 高台 people were on to escape are also going to be submerged.

A few days before this happened, for some strange reason I remembered some strange book I had found years and years ago. It was about a tsunami washing away a town... At the time the book was hugely amusing because it was clear that while the author had set it in Japan, they knew virtually nothing about the country.

I wondered why there weren`t tsunami like that anymore, and what would happen if one did come along. Now, unfortunately, I know...

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#435 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-14-2011, 07:52 AM

cooling system of 2nd reactor is going wrong now.

Jah Rastafaaari. Yeah pasta for life
(#436 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-14-2011, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
The link didn`t work for me, but doing a search brought it up.

As with a lot of the other videos out now... It honestly looks like some of the 高台 people were on to escape are also going to be submerged.

A few days before this happened, for some strange reason I remembered some strange book I had found years and years ago. It was about a tsunami washing away a town... At the time the book was hugely amusing because it was clear that while the author had set it in Japan, they knew virtually nothing about the country.

I wondered why there weren`t tsunami like that anymore, and what would happen if one did come along. Now, unfortunately, I know...
For some reason this link isn't working for people in Japan. Nyororin, please post where you were able to see it.
(#437 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

03-14-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
For some reason this link isn't working for people in Japan. Nyororin, please post where you were able to see it.
On Gizmodo Australia.
This Is The Scariest First-Person Video Of The Japan Tsunami Yet | Gizmodo Australia

(#438 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-14-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Finally i get to see this. My uncle and his wife live near this town and they also experienced massive tsunami. It really was a relief when I got a phone call from him yesterday. He told me all man made bulwark were useless. He evacuated to junior high school on the top of mountain.

(#439 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

03-14-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsygypsy View Post
Finally i get to see this. My uncle and his wife live near this town and they also experienced massive tsunami. It really was a relief when I got a phone call from him yesterday. He told me all man made bulwark were useless. He evacuated to junior high school on the top of mountain.
It`s good that they were able to evacuate.
I`d never given it much thought, but this is probably why almost all the schools along the coasts that I have seen have been up on mountains.

My husband`s family lives within 3 minutes of the water, just above sea level. They used to live within 1 minute, but they made an addition to add land.

Luckily they do not live somewhere that was hit... But all the towns they show videos of are typical coastal towns, and look similar so it`s really terrifying to think about.

(#440 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-14-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
all the towns they show videos of are typical coastal towns, and look similar so it`s really terrifying to think about.
I even don't want to imagine that. We just have to thank god those who are important to us are still alive.