JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#441 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post Radioactive Clouds - 03-14-2011, 09:11 AM

Military Crew Said to Be Exposed to Radiation, but Officials Call Risk in U.S. Slight

The Pentagon was expected to announce that the aircraft carrier Ronald Reagan, which is sailing in the Pacific, passed through a radioactive cloud from stricken nuclear reactors in Japan, causing crew members on deck to receive a month’s worth of radiation in about an hour, government officials said Sunday.

The officials added that American helicopters flying missions about 60 miles north of the damaged reactors became coated with particulate radiation that had to be washed off.

There was no indication that any of the military personnel had experienced ill effects from the exposure. (Everyone is exposed to a small amount of natural background radiation.)

But the episodes showed that the prevailing winds were picking up radioactive material from crippled reactors in northeastern Japan. Ever since an earthquake struck Japan on Friday, the authorities worldwide have been laying plans to map where radioactive plumes might blow and determine what, if any, danger they could pose to people.

Blogs were churning with alarm. But officials insisted that unless the quake-damaged nuclear plants deteriorated into full meltdown, any radiation that reached the United States would be too weak to do any harm.

Rest of article
(#442 (permalink))
Old
Silver1 (Offline)
New to JF

03-14-2011, 09:11 AM

Hectic stuff, prayers are with the families and victims of this disaster
(#443 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-14-2011, 09:38 AM

How can I thank everyone in the world? Now, 91 countries have declared to support us. Especially New Zealand. They also are having a hard time and they sent a rescue team for us? How can I appreciate that? even saying thank you million times is not enough to thank them.

Jah Rastafaaari. Yeah pasta for life

Last edited by tipsygypsy : 03-14-2011 at 10:00 AM.
(#444 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post supporting Japan - 03-14-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsygypsy View Post
How can I thank everyone in the world? Now, 91 countries have declared to support us. Especially New Zealand. They also are having a hard time and they sent a rescue team for us? How can I appreciate that? even saying thank you million times is not enough to thank them.
No need We all humans and live on a surface of a small planet.
(#445 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-14-2011, 11:02 AM

This is what Japanese TV and newspaper never tell us NY Times Advertisement

and the newest information, core of the 2nd reactor is starting to melt

Jah Rastafaaari. Yeah pasta for life
(#446 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-14-2011, 11:07 AM

NHK World's getting a fair crack of the whip. I suppose it's easier to get footage from them than channels we can't get in this country.
(#447 (permalink))
Old
eaask (Offline)
New to JF

03-14-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
We are one nation and all love Japanese people,
sorry if Egypt can't support, But sure you know the situation in Egypt currently.

What about Fukushima Nuclear plant and What is the affected range for radiation if explode ?
(#448 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-14-2011, 11:38 AM

There's little to no chance that the reactors will explode....
(#449 (permalink))
Old
Oppett (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to Oppett
03-14-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
I think people support Japan because they have a great admiration towards this country and its people.
Actually, in Tunisia, the stereotype of a Japanese is a hardworker,creative and very disciplinate and civilized guy that does all he can to accomplish his objective.
That's how you earned our respect Please continue to be like that, you're a source of inspiration for us, espescially in Tunisia
(#450 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
03-14-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
They are going out of their way to help you. They feel its their job. I wish I could do something.