JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#691 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-19-2011, 10:30 AM

True but their decisions are mostly politically motivated as far as I'm concerned. France has quite a right wing, nationalistic governement currently and it's important for them politically to look as though they are looking after their citizens and to take a leading role in this. As soon as France started offering flights out for it's citizens (even though there was no danger to any of them in Tokyo) other countries had to start looking as though they also cared for their citizens. In countries that haven't offered free flights out there's already some political fallout for them (no pun intended). It's easy for other countries with no real responsibililty at all to say they would have a bigger exclusion zone. To me this is just more bleating to prove to their own citizenry that they would look after their people more than these heartless Japanese! As I say I believe pretty much everything we've seen from foreign governments is politically motivated and has little to do with the science or the actual situation on the ground. It's to do with how they are perceived by their own people.

Last edited by GoNative : 03-19-2011 at 10:32 AM.
(#692 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
03-19-2011, 01:05 PM

I seen a picture. Road completed cracked up by the earthquake. Then beside it, the same road 3 days later. It was completely repaired, you would struggle to tell an earthquake had hit, unless you lived there

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#693 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post contamination - 03-19-2011, 01:18 PM

Traces of radioactive iodine found in tap water in Tokyo, other areas

TOKYO, March 19, Kyodo

Slight amounts of radioactive iodine have been detected in tap water in Tokyo, its vicinity and most prefectures neighboring Fukushima apparently due to the nuclear crisis at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, the government said Saturday.

While the substance was found in Tochigi, Gunma, Niigata, Chiba and Saitama prefectures as well as Tokyo, traces of cesium have also been found in tap water in two of them -- Tochigi and Gunma, the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology said, adding their levels do not affect human health even if they are taken in.

Among them, Tochigi, Gunma and Niigata border Fukushima Prefecture.

In Maebashi, Gunma, 2.5 becquerels of iodine and 0.38 becquerel of cesium were detected Friday per kilogram of water, the prefectural government said, adding it is the first time the substances were found since it began testing tap water for radioactive materials in 1990.

The Nuclear Safety Commission of Japan limits an intake of iodine at 300 becquerels per kilogram of water and of cesium at 200 becquerels.

==Kyodo
(#694 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

03-19-2011, 01:36 PM

So iodine is 120 times below the acceptable limit and cesium 526 times below the acceptable limit at this stage. I'd say this isn't cause for alarm.
(#695 (permalink))
Old
Celte (Offline)
New to JF

03-19-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
So iodine is 120 times below the acceptable limit and cesium 526 times below the acceptable limit at this stage. I'd say this isn't cause for alarm.
It seems like every post of yours intends to minimize the situation.

Don't you think you should just accept the facts how they are ? Truth can save lives you know.
(#696 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

03-19-2011, 01:53 PM

Sorry did I miss something? Are my calculations incorrect?
Iodine more than 100 times below the acceptable limit. Cesium more than 500 times below the acceptable limit. Exactly how many lives are at risk from such incredibly low levels?
You can take your truth and shove up your French ass!
(#697 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post acceptable limit - 03-19-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
They say that "it is the first time the substances were found since it began testing tap water for radioactive materials in 1990."
So , the concentration of iodine and cesium may increase next time. In any case, they MUST to watch more attentively now.....
(#698 (permalink))
Old
Celte (Offline)
New to JF

03-19-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Sorry did I miss something? Are my calculations incorrect?
Iodine more than 100 times below the acceptable limit. Cesium more than 500 times below the acceptable limit. Exactly how many lives are at risk from such incredibly low levels?
You can take your truth and shove up your French ass!

Have a nice and pleasant day gentleman. I quit bearing bad news anyway people will find by themselves.

Last edited by Celte : 03-19-2011 at 02:06 PM.
(#699 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

03-19-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by termogard View Post
They say that "it is the first time the substances were found since it began testing tap water for radioactive materials in 1990."
So , the concentration of iodine and cesium may increase next time. In any case, they MUST to watch more attentively now.....
I'm pretty sure they are watching very attentively, hence they've recorded these rather minute amounts already. Believe it or not the Japanese are more than capable of doing these things and warning their people if a warning is indeed required without the concerns of the international community!! Amazing isn't it??
(#700 (permalink))
Old
Celte (Offline)
New to JF

03-19-2011, 02:08 PM

As a member from Germany already said, that's because we had to cope with the consequences of Tchernobyl in Europe and thus, know how the authorities in charge manage the informations. At least ours. Maybe i'm mistaken about how it goes in Asia.