JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#701 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-19-2011, 02:12 PM

Good for you, you're an expert on what happened in Europe (yeah right. Were you even born when chernobyl went off? ). You know bugger all about what's happening here but unfortunately that does not appear to deter you one little bit...on well.
(#702 (permalink))
Old
Celte (Offline)
New to JF

03-19-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
Were you even born when chernobyl went off? ). You know bugger all about what's happening here but unfortunately that does not appear to deter you one little bit...on well.
Is it written i'm an expert ? Just classic link sharing about on-topic discussion on a forum.
I'm not an expert but yes i was born when chernobyl went off and some of my family in Poland died of it afterwards. You happy to know more ?
(#703 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

03-19-2011, 02:18 PM

I thought you were going
(#704 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

03-19-2011, 02:30 PM

Anyway this is a pretty interesting discussion of the Chernobyl event by a Polish scienntist who looks pretty closely at the effects in Poland. At least from he is saying I doubt very much your family in Poland died from the effects of Chernobyl but you believe whatever you want.

This is a good read for everyone to compare to what has occurred in Japan.

http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.co..._Chernobyl.pdf
(#705 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

03-19-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
True but their decisions are mostly politically motivated as far as I'm concerned. France has quite a right wing, nationalistic governement currently and it's important for them politically to look as though they are looking after their citizens and to take a leading role in this. As soon as France started offering flights out for it's citizens (even though there was no danger to any of them in Tokyo) other countries had to start looking as though they also cared for their citizens. In countries that haven't offered free flights out there's already some political fallout for them (no pun intended). It's easy for other countries with no real responsibililty at all to say they would have a bigger exclusion zone. To me this is just more bleating to prove to their own citizenry that they would look after their people more than these heartless Japanese! As I say I believe pretty much everything we've seen from foreign governments is politically motivated and has little to do with the science or the actual situation on the ground. It's to do with how they are perceived by their own people.
Wow... What a conspiracy you've imagined.

I think I agree with the French.

It is my impression that the Japanese government have been less than forthcoming with their plan of action at least judging from the interviews I've seen with some Japanese officials on the BBC.
(#706 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

03-19-2011, 05:10 PM

It's not a conspiracy. I just feel the fact that the French were the first to overreact is a reflection of their government currently not of the real situation in Japan. The fact that other countries feel compelled to follow suit to stay in the good books with their own electorates just makes sense. If you or anyone else can show proof that dangerous levels of radiation have been experienced beyond the 30km exclusion zone please show me. If you can't do you think it's a bit of an overreaction to evacuate people from Tokyo which is a hell of a lot further away? If as the Chief Scientific Advisor to the UK advises that there is virtually no risk to people in Tokyo even in a worse case scenario then why is it do you think the French have made the decisions they have? They don't appear to be based on science or the actual events that have taken place thus far. I think it's politically motivated. What else is it if not that?
(#707 (permalink))
Old
kenmei (Offline)
脳ある鷹は爪を隠

Send a message via AIM to kenmei Send a message via MSN to kenmei
03-19-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Still what has any of that got to do with idiots in the US buying iodine tablets currently? Yet again absolutely nothing! I get it, you are one of the idiots who have rushed out and bought some tablets aren't you? And you're now sitting at home under your tin foil hat!

seems like there's quite a few in this thread

ホラ顔上げぇな・・
(#708 (permalink))
Old
fluffy0000 (Offline)
FJ to JF

again sorta not - 03-19-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
It's not a conspiracy. I just feel the fact that the French were the first to overreact is a reflection of their government currently not of the real situation in Japan. The fact that other countries feel compelled to follow suit to stay in the good books with their own electorates just makes sense. If you or anyone else can show proof that dangerous levels of radiation have been experienced beyond the 30km exclusion zone please show me. If you can't do you think it's a bit of an overreaction to evacuate people from Tokyo which is a hell of a lot further away? If as the Chief Scientific Advisor to the UK advises that there is virtually no risk to people in Tokyo even in a worse case scenario then why is it do you think the French have made the decisions they have? They don't appear to be based on science or the actual events that have taken place thus far. I think it's politically motivated. What else is it if not that?
Dude, calm down and chill.
Actually the Chinese were the first country to evacuate it's citizens.

China evacuates citizens from Japan quake areas
BEIJING, March 15 | Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:15pm EDT
(Reuters) -
China began evacuating its citizens Tuesday from areas worst affected by Japan's earthquake, tsunami and nuclear crisis, making it the first foreign government to pull its people from the country.
(#709 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
03-19-2011, 05:55 PM

I seen a headline that Brits in Japan are getting iodine tablets...

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#710 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

03-19-2011, 06:18 PM

You should read the latest interview with the UK's Chief Scientist

Government Chief Scientific Adviser provides advice to UK Ambassador to Japan