JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
MentalFloss (Offline)
New to JF

03-18-2011, 09:10 PM

I find it a little suspicious too, why would anybody who lives miles away in another country and most likely doesn't speak a word of Japanese make such an offer?

Humanity? Maby?
(#12 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-18-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
It might be a little harsh but really how many Japanese people do you think are going to jump on a plane to another country to stay in a strangers house who probably doesn't speak barely a word of Japanese? As well meaning as it may be I can't really see any Japanese people taking up the offer.
My thoughts exactly.... And how will they pay the $4000 to fly there if it's a family? They have no passports, visas, etc. If they've lost everything, that money would be their only asset. And what are they going to do there in the meantime? They probably can't speak any European language (remember these are rural folk for the most part), the elderly would need medical assistance....

As honorable and kind a gesture this is, the impracticality of it borders on the ridiculous....
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Ghap (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-19-2011, 06:58 AM

Shocking

So lets get this straight only those that can speak japanese can offer help to Japanese people?

otherwise its a little shifty!

You all want to read what you have said here as tbh its pathetic....whats wrong with plain Human Kindness.

Its sad really as I wanted to visit Japan but wasnt aware that if I needed help i had to speak fluent and even worse somone must tell thos from Japan in my own country "we dont speak japanese so we cant help you"

I knew languages were a barrier but I must admit I wasnt aware you couldnt offer help unless you could speak the same.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
globetrotter36 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to globetrotter36
03-19-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghap View Post
Shocking

So lets get this straight only those that can speak japanese can offer help to Japanese people?

You all want to read what you have said here as tbh its pathetic....whats wrong with plain Human Kindness.

Its sad really as I wanted to visit Japan but wasnt aware that if I needed help i had to speak fluent and even worse somone must tell thos from Japan in my own country "we dont speak japanese so we cant help you"

I knew languages were a barrier but I must admit I wasnt aware you couldnt offer help unless you could speak the same.
Wow boy (or girl) that really is a silly post; of course there is nothing wrong with human kindness but you clearly fail to understand the situation. How do you think somebody would communicate if they can't understand each other? Ever been on holiday in a country where the language spoken is not your own? How do you even think people affected would even get out of the disaster zone when most are good and truly cut-off and can't even get basic necessities? Even if people could travel away from the disaster zone, just how much money do you think it would cost to get on a plane and travel to another country? By the way there are visa requirements for most countries which limit the length of time a visitor may stay. Time for you to wake up and if you are serious about visiting Japan do some research (i.e read travel guides and learn something of the language - hiragana can be useful if only on a visit).
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Ghap (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-19-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter36 View Post
Wow boy (or girl) that really is a silly post; of course there is nothing wrong with human kindness but you clearly fail to understand the situation. How do you think somebody would communicate if they can't understand each other? Ever been on holiday in a country where the language spoken is not your own? How do you even think people affected would even get out of the disaster zone when most are good and truly cut-off and can't even get basic necessities? Even if people could travel away from the disaster zone, just how much money do you think it would cost to get on a plane and travel to another country? By the way there are visa requirements for most countries which limit the length of time a visitor may stay. Time for you to wake up and if you are serious about visiting Japan do some research (i.e read travel guides and learn something of the language - hiragana can be useful if only on a visit).
LOL

I had an essay for this but ......
your arguments suck and make no sense

You are 100 years to early
(#16 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-19-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
LOL

Hard to accept a little reality is it? Seems a lot of that going around at the moment.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
globetrotter36 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to globetrotter36
03-19-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
LOL

Arguments? Mere facts, I have live in a city which is both multicultural and multi-lingual and unlike you HAVE traveled. You are clearly some thick idiot who is nothing more than an infuriating troll! Do us all a favour and go somewhere else.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-19-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Shocking

Ummm yes.. why would anybody who has lost everything want to spend what little they may have left to travel where nobody speaks their language and in all likelihood their own government at some point will help them get through this tragedy. .. as much as these come live at my house offers seem heartfelt... they are stupid and accomplish jackshit as far as making difference in someone's life.... so stop the infatuated anime dumbshit offers and fork over some cash.. because that is the only thing you can do to really help these people.