LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Kaaaaatie (Offline)
New to JF

03-17-2011, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masaegu View Post
Can you site a source for this statement?
「肥佬」準空姐5倍酬金替工 日本線空服員集體請假避輻射 - Yahoo! 新聞

「肥佬」準空姐5倍酬金替工 日本線空服員集體請假避輻射
肥佬"空姐5倍酬金替工日本线空服员集体请假避辐射は、� ��

Sorry I don't know Japanese please go to google translator.

http://translate.google.com.hk/translate_t?hl=&ie=UTF-8&text=%E3%80%8C%E8%82%A5%E4%BD%AC%E3%80%8D%E6%BA%96%E7%A9%BA%E5%A7%905%E5% 80%8D%E9%85%AC%E9%87%91%E6%9B%BF%E5%B7%A5+%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E7%B7%9A%E7%A9 %BA%E6%9C%8D%E5%93%A1%E9%9B%86%E9%AB%94%E8%AB%8B%E5%81%87%E9%81%BF%E8%BC%BB %E5%B0%84&sl=en&tl=ja#en|ja|%E3%80%8C%E8%82%A5%E4%BD%AC%E3%80%8D%E6%BA%96%E 7%A9%BA%E5%A7%905%E5%80%8D%E9%85%AC%E9%87%91%E6%9B%BF%E5%B7%A5%20%E6%97%A5% E6%9C%AC%E7%B7%9A%E7%A9%BA%E6%9C%8D%E5%93%A1%E9%9B%86%E9%AB%94%E8%AB%8B%E5% 81%87%E9%81%BF%E8%BC%BB%E5%B0%84

I don't want to lie you. That's true.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

03-17-2011, 06:21 AM

I am in Tokyo and I am planning to stay. If it gets any worse I might head out to Osaka or Kyushu for the time being. I went and tried to get a re-entry permit yesterday and today but the line was so long so I give up and went to work.

The Japanese govt has not issued any evacuation in Tokyo yet, so I think there is really no need.

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#13 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-17-2011, 06:40 AM

I'll stay in Tokyo. I was born here. I a'int got no house to live anywhere else. I a'int got no way to make dough in foreign countries.

Jah Rastafaaari. Yeah pasta for life
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Kaaaaatie (Offline)
New to JF

03-17-2011, 06:43 AM

if someone wants to leave for a while and if you don't mind living w/my family, please email to me: [email protected]
(#15 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-17-2011, 06:44 AM

Why would anyone who's home is in Tokyo want to leave anyway? As far as I can tell there's not been any radiation levels in the Tokyo area that would even be as much radiation from a simple x-ray. Maybe there are other reasons but lets try and keep things in perspective!! No need for panic!
(#16 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-17-2011, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
Why would anyone who's home is in Tokyo want to leave anyway? As far as I can tell there's not been any radiation levels in the Tokyo area that would even be as much radiation from a simple x-ray. Maybe there are other reasons but lets try and keep things in perspective!! No need for panic!
You're right. I even a'int got no reason to leave here

Jah Rastafaaari. Yeah pasta for life
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

03-17-2011, 06:53 AM

People are way over reacting, I'm more concerned about the lack of power, food, water and blankets for all those folks up north with out homes than I am about those stupid reactors.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

03-17-2011, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
People are way over reacting, I'm more concerned about the lack of power, food, water and blankets for all those folks up north with out homes than I am about those stupid reactors.
True. One of my housemate, her parents lives in Sendai , although they are safe they have no way of moving out to Tokyo. My co-worker parents lives in Ishimaki, he just got a confirmation that his parents and cousin are alive but have no way of getting to Tokyo and they are running out of food and water.

And the people in Tokyo are hoarding.. I'm not going to be hypocrite that I'm not scared ..

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#19 (permalink))
Old
lipkovskiy (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to lipkovskiy
03-17-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaaaatie View Post
if someone wants to leave for a while and if you don't mind living w/my family, please email to me: [email protected]
Can offer the same (Russia, Moscow)
[email protected]
(#20 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
03-17-2011, 07:30 AM

Well, my last day of work was today, and since this area is going with JET, I'm out of a job anyway. I'll probably end up going home because of that, unless by some miracle I can find another job.

I want to go home (visit), but I want to stay here for a while too. Now that I know about the expenses of Japan, how to shop, etc., I'm ready to truly experience the country, but given the current situation, not an option. I also don't want to leave because of the people I've met during my year here, but I would like to go back home to see my family.

I know of some people around me who are leaving.

Right now, it's difficult to even get to Tokyo from here. The best route (for me anyway) would be Yamagata (Bus) > Niigata (Bullet Train) > Tokyo > Narita Airport (Bus). Also, shipping stuff out is an issue. I'd hate to leave my things behind.

Personally, the main concerns I have is the food and water thing, and then the nuclear plant. It seems to go back and forth, but I only worry about the nuclear reactor stuff because of those who are already there and suffering and also hope that the winds don't change direction and cause an even larger radius to be affected.

Anywho, the food and water hoarding is the bother. I don't have anything extra, 'cept for 4 liters of water, which I managed to get after going almost two days without it when the power went out. As for food, I don't have anything that doesn't require being cooked. The grocery stores are closing earlier and even some conbinis are completely closed all day. Today, I went to the Softbank shop and walked that long...walk back to my apartment, and walked past a McDonald's and even that was closed. Since I walk everywhere, I don't grocery shop much, since I'd have to carry it back to my apartment. I haven't done any proper grocery shopping in about two weeks since the food lasts, but right now, I'm being extra careful with the little food I do have left. It's not like there are too many places, for me, to go to pick something up.

Last edited by SSJup81 : 03-17-2011 at 07:44 AM.