LinkBack Thread Tools
(#191 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

06-21-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
Wrong, If one person isn't able to trust as easily, there are either personal experiences that forced that person to stop trusting in people, or cultural situations (like the ones you've been talking about), being unable to trust in people, has nothing to do with being reliable.
Not so sure. Overcautiousness builds walls, walls build kingdoms, and that creates wars. I know what you mean, but I don't agree.
(#192 (permalink))
Old
Nameless (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-21-2011, 05:25 PM

No, walls build fortresses, fortresses protect you from danger, danger is bad.

It all depends on the point of view you have, in my case it's impossible for me to trust in people. But since I have no bonds with people, my mood is most of the time very, very stable.
(#193 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

06-21-2011, 05:27 PM

danger makes you stronger so there is no need for walls. Instead of hiding, you should fight. If you have no bonds with people how can you talk about friendship and trust lol.
(#194 (permalink))
Old
Nameless (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-21-2011, 05:59 PM

I have no bonds with people since they forced me not to trust in them, I could have friends, alas, due to my nihilism, I see no point in it.

I am not talking about friendship, I am just stating that trusting in people isn't good to some people, when either the cultural environment (in the japanese's case) or the personal situations demonstrate it.

The fortress is made for peace's sake, there are some dangers out there, that if not avoided, would generate violence, loathful, gratuitous violence.

Last edited by Nameless : 06-21-2011 at 06:02 PM.
(#195 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

06-21-2011, 06:21 PM

You know, I once wrote:

Out in a wild on a winter day
Wrapped in a coat of memories
Between a day and a stealth of night
Wondering which path leads home
Tea made of strange green leafs
Warmth of the future’s chime
Innocent snow covers the door
Like melody of things undone
I am sitting on a wooden bench
Dreaming of what is to come

It is good to pause and reflect. Without it we may make the same mistakes. But whatever happens I cannot resist the itch of opening the next door. It brings me power. With trust is like with love. It fucking hurts but its worth it, and you won't find it sitting on that bench forever.
(#196 (permalink))
Old
Nameless (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-21-2011, 06:57 PM

>Love
Love is nothing but a chemical reaction that last about 10 years or so.
I find funny that people write pages and pages talking of its 'greatness', or how the absence of someone they 'love' makes them sad.

Trust in my case, is impossible due to a psychological disorder, even if I tried to trust in people, I wouldn't be able to.

I apologize if this is too harsh, I lack empathy, thus I am unable to predict people's reaction.

P.S. This is too off-topic, if you would like to discuss this further, we should use PM instead.

Last edited by Nameless : 06-21-2011 at 07:01 PM.
(#197 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

06-21-2011, 07:07 PM

Oh ok, sorry mate, I thought it was your choice. Well, I hope then, that you will find someone who will allow you to see the other side of the human race.
(#198 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

06-21-2011, 08:10 PM

In another thread, I mentioned that I started working on a miniature model of Tokyo using available n-Scale parts

It looks like someone is already doing something similar:

Tokyo in N Scale

I am not going to stop my little project, but I probably will just make it "partial" tokyo and maybe "migrate" Yokohama closer in my little project.
(#199 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-21-2011, 08:28 PM

godwine I hope you carry on with your project.

Talking about trust or lack of trust----------

I grew up learning not to trust anybody. I will not go into details but there was a good reason.

Even now I trust very few people.

I think we all do tell little white lies in order not to offend somebody.

I am rather a direct person-- and often will say exactly what I think-- but I would not want to hurt someone by being deliberately hurtful.

Sometimes silence or not commenting at all about something is a way out.

But it is not fair on a person to kid them that you will do something with or for them-- when you have no intention of doing so.

Learning to say NO can be hard but very useful so one is not forced to do something one does not want to do.
(#200 (permalink))
Old
Nameless (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-21-2011, 08:33 PM

It looks awesome.

One question, how do the japanese learn kanji nowadays? I read in heisig's book that japanese repeat them several times in order to remember them.

However, when I spoke with a native, he said they also use the 'imaginary memory' at some point as well.