LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-18-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
This is by FAR the most difficult thing for me to deal with, to this day.
Everything else I've either come to like, understand and accept, or ignore.
But this one point...

I seriously miss just passing by a friend's house after work and knocking on the door uninvited.
Or calling someone out of the blue and hanging out 15 minutes later.

!
thats an interesting point James. My Japanese friend is so upset with me because I dared to visit her lodgings when I was worried about her. she has been really Off with me ever since-- yet We have always welcomed her to our home. I should stick to HER SCHEDULE----------
(#52 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-18-2011, 04:14 PM

If she carries on throwing a wobbly I'd break it off with her. You can only put up with so much in this life. I've noticed a common problem with people nowadays is they tolerate circumstances,things that they shouldn't necessarily.
(#53 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

06-18-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
I didn't say I have 40 friends here ... read again

I'm hardly generalizing, it's just well known. Seriously, you have no clue if you think I'm generalizing.

Japanese people do not chill out as much as people in the west, much much much less in fact.

As part of teaching English I also teach western culture, at least Canadian.
When I tell my students how often I used to hang out, how often my parents hang out with their friends, what's normal there, without fail every single time I get shock and then "culture difference" or "culture shock" as a reply.
Followed by an explanation much like the one I gave earlier.
Oh James, unfortunetly it doesn't matter how many friends you have in this situation. You just aren't entitled to make that claim I am sorry.
I thought the same would count for my person.. remember?
(#54 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

06-18-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
Oh James, unfortunetly it doesn't matter how many friends you have in this situation. You just aren't entitled to make that claim I am sorry.
I thought the same would count for my person.. remember?
Bobby, don't want to be mean, but WE, as in James, Siokan, I and several others, have first hand experieince DEALING with Japanese, not only we dealth with them, we LIVED there (in James and Siokan's case, they LIVE THERE NOW). The "Generalization" is base on actual experience living there.

What is your exposure to Japanese and its people? I mean, we are not asking for much, we are justifying (And QUANTIFYING) our claim base one experiences, and base on news/events that we gathered through out the years

So, tell us, what makes your ideas and claim more accurate?
(#55 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

06-18-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Bobby, don't want to be mean, but WE, as in James, Siokan, I and several others, have first hand experieince DEALING with Japanese, not only we dealth with them, we LIVED there (in James and Siokan's case, they LIVE THERE NOW). The "Generalization" is base on actual experience living there.

What is your exposure to Japanese and its people? I mean, we are not asking for much, we are justifying (And QUANTIFYING) our claim base one experiences, and base on news/events that we gathered through out the years

So, tell us, what makes your ideas and claim more accurate?
They aren't more accurate not at all, I also never said such a silly thing. You guys seriously lick something on here..
James makes the claim he would know every Japanese and their way to hang out with their friends.. I think he doesn't. Same as I cannot know that Japanese are lovely people overall because I have only met several

It's just the same applies to everyone by this theory.. even though this theory is highly flawed of course, like I was trying to point out on the first day James was trying to apply this theory on us.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)

06-18-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
They aren't more accurate not at all, I also never said such a silly thing. You guys seriously lick something on here..
James makes the claim he would know every Japanese and their way to hang out with their friends.. I think he doesn't. Same as I cannot know that Japanese are lovely people overall because I have only met several

It's just the same applies to everyone by this theory.. even though this theory is highly flawed of course, like I was trying to point out on the first day James was trying to apply this theory on us.
This is what you said in another thread:

Quote:
they don't see how wonderful the Japanese people and Asians are in general. That their society is soemthing very beautiful and unique.

Thats why non of you uses the people as an interest here..

all you guys see is Anime and Manga stuff.. really sad!!
The items in BOLD are what I'm talking about. You're the one not reading your own posts. You're not making any sense....
(#57 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

06-18-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
This is what you said in another thread:

The items in BOLD are what I'm talking about. You're the one not reading your own posts. You're not making any sense....
You cleary missed the context again John.
(#58 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)

06-18-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
You cleary missed the context again John.
Perhaps....
(#59 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-18-2011, 08:08 PM

Why are you all so serious having arguments all the time? Why can't you just chill?
(#60 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

06-18-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokusatsufan View Post
Why are you all so serious having arguments all the time? Why can't you just chill?
Because this is an Online Forum.

I tried to be a good member on here.. but people will attack you all the freakin time.

What is this? An Online Forum right

even people who have the biggest prejudice of World War II get a pass online..