JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Do you like tattoos?
Yes, I think tattoos can look great. 57 62.64%
No, I think that tattoos are nasty scars. 2 2.20%
Maybe, occasionally I've seen a good tattoo and it's cool but mostly they are rubbish. 32 35.16%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#91 (permalink))
Old
BboyZetan (Offline)
Um No Thanks, Please No.

09-18-2007, 04:06 PM

Yeah, I understand what you mean, that sounds like a cool way to unite the styles with colour!

Ignorance is a mortal weakness
(#92 (permalink))
Old
01Balisong (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to 01Balisong Send a message via Yahoo to 01Balisong Send a message via Skype™ to 01Balisong
09-18-2007, 04:07 PM

What I mean is I have my phoenix on my right shoulder. If I were to get a dragon it could run underneath and be coming up my left shoulder. Both animals black and white.

The background would have the colour but minimal and it would be around both animals.
(#93 (permalink))
Old
01Balisong (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to 01Balisong Send a message via Yahoo to 01Balisong Send a message via Skype™ to 01Balisong
09-18-2007, 04:08 PM

Saying all that. The phoenix had a very specific meaning and reason to be done.

I wonder if getting a dragon just because I liked the look would reduce the phoenix's meaning?
(#94 (permalink))
Old
01Balisong (Offline)
New to JF

09-20-2007, 10:32 PM

I wish chio would post a proper pic of her tattoo
(#95 (permalink))
Old
HORIKOI (Offline)
New to JF

Tattoo In Japan - 11-26-2007, 02:05 AM

Anyone live in japan that is into tattoos and speaks english and japanese? I plan to make a trip to tokyo and i was looking to stop by the tattoo museum in yokahama and hopefully get some work done by horikoi or someone with equal tattoo skill. Anyone out there?
Richard
(#96 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-26-2007, 02:09 AM

Seriously. Give it a day. Someone will respond.

But, keep posting the same post over and over and you'll just end up getting banned.
(#97 (permalink))
Old
MarkDuff (Offline)
*yawns*

11-26-2007, 02:12 AM

hmm..........I don't have any tattoos but I will be getting some here shortly.

My JF family and D.N.A. And Perv Club. Oh and please sign my Guest book. And please no bad comments
FINAL FANTASY CLAN: CODE NAME: AURON
(#98 (permalink))
Old
AichiAlex (Offline)
JF Regular

11-26-2007, 03:58 AM

Some things to consider about getting a tatoo in Japan, if you plan on going / living in Japan, make sure that the tatoo you get isn't in an easily visible place, tatoo's are generally frowned upon by Japanese society as they are a mark of the Yakuza.

Also, if you plan on ever going to a 銭湯 or 温泉 I would advise not getting a tatoo, as these places ban tatoos and disallow people with tatoos from entering.
(#99 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
11-26-2007, 09:06 AM

they dont really associate people as Yakuza if you have a tattoo..

thats just a horrible misconception.

living in tokyo i've seen plenty of people with tattos on their arms and legs and backs and necks and all over.

Yakuza tattoos are a very specific style and placed in certain areas.

i wont go into it, but if you do a lil research or watch enuf gangster movies you'll get the idea.

There not gona mistake a guy with a sun tattoed on his arm for a yakuza, thats all im saying.

I personally got my tattoo done in shibuya, i have the card of the place some where in my room, its gona take a lil time to find.

but i remember exactly where it is and how 2get there and who my tattoo artist was.

her name is Ai and speaks english, she is one of 3 tattoo artist at this location in Shibuya, i remembering them telling me they have another location in Ginza.

But say you are comming from the Jr station next to the hachiko statue. if you go to the giant intersection (famous intersection known for being the most trafficked intersection in the world) you'll see tons of buildings with giant screen on them.

if you walk straight directly from that corner diagonally to the other side you'll be walking down a street in Shibuya with tons of arcades and restraunts and stores.

well... almost every street is like this, but you'll come across a Silver heart jewlery place and a ABC Shoes and a HMV, you cant miss it.

Just walk until you get to a 4 way intersection area and youll see a store called CONDOMANIA *its a lil joke store with condoms and random sexual doo dads*

Any ways that will be on the first floor of the building you want to go to.

If you look up you'll see the sign for the tattoo shop, just walk up to the 5th floor i think and there you go.

Its a VERY small shop, but they DO have a larger shop else where.

I do remember passing a few more tattoo parlors in Shibuya, and Kawasaki and Yokohama, but shibya is where i hang out more often. And i really liked my tattoo artist.

If you go to youtube and search the name Housetek you will see Ai and her inking me up in her shop.

if your lazy then just watch here

hope that helps

-htek

MR.JF & Jf God
heres a personal Ty to all who voted and participated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER8CsVuTNY

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=housetek
please check out the videos and subscribe!

feel free to pm/aim/msn me for any Q's on Japan

Last edited by Housetek : 11-26-2007 at 09:08 AM.
(#100 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
11-26-2007, 09:33 AM

usually a clan crest or something like that

the tattoos can range from full body to *most of the time* full back and sleeves down to the wrists.

there is a distinctive style to them

many times a koi/dragon/kabuki figure/etc.

the tattoos are done has one solid piece, so the back will link to the sleeves and legs and such.

other words

you see some one with a dragon on his arm or tribal, or kanji
it doesnt mean hes yakuza.

You see some one with tattoos from his neck to his wrists.. then you have your self a yakuza style tattoo.

just do a google search you'll see the style im talking about.

and yes you will not be able to get into many onsens with tattoos.

i've tried, and was denied horribly =P

there are gaijin onsens.... if you wana take baths with fatty foreigners.. but that wasnt for me sooo ill just have to pass on that experience.

Plus i can go in the bathhouses in vietnam w/o a problem and get the same experience.

i have heard of some places letting you slide with a few small pieces done... but i have my entire back tattooed. so that was a no go.

MR.JF & Jf God
heres a personal Ty to all who voted and participated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER8CsVuTNY

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=housetek
please check out the videos and subscribe!

feel free to pm/aim/msn me for any Q's on Japan
Closed Thread