JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Do you like tattoos?
Yes, I think tattoos can look great. 57 62.64%
No, I think that tattoos are nasty scars. 2 2.20%
Maybe, occasionally I've seen a good tattoo and it's cool but mostly they are rubbish. 32 35.16%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#321 (permalink))
Old
rina26 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-01-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommasi View Post
It's not what I believe.

I'm just saying how it is.

And believe me, tattoo is considered bad if not evil and people who know about Japanese culture would agree with me on this.

Like I said, if you want to use 1% population who believes tattoo is ok, then you are completely lost.

And yes, Henbaka, I won't be responding to this thread anymore.

Because my honest feedback as a native Japanese means very little and I believe that's probably why some people who visit Japan run into problems cos they ignore and challenge how things are in Japan instead of respecting it.
And I'm also stating how it is. 1%? Unless you've surveyed the entire population, please do not make statistics up. Yes your feedback means very little to me because it's too absolute. Nothing is a given. Yes, they might run into problems but they might not. I never have and I've had these tattoos for 3 years.
(#322 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-03-2008, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rina26 View Post
And I'm also stating how it is. 1%? Unless you've surveyed the entire population, please do not make statistics up. Yes your feedback means very little to me because it's too absolute. Nothing is a given. Yes, they might run into problems but they might not. I never have and I've had these tattoos for 3 years.
He's estimating based on his experience and education. Can you not understand or get anything from that experience? It's figurative speech. You don't ever beleieve what someone say's unless they've done surveys of scientific research? C'mon. Do you base every opinion you ever impart on the national surveys you conduct?

Everyone who has been to or lived in Japan is saying the same thing. So there must be something to it. Maybe, if you have tattoos and have never had a problem it's because no one would bring-up such a delicate topic.

Nothing is a given, so I like to jump off cliffs for fun without a parachute, because it's not a total given I could die.
(#323 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
08-03-2008, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
no one is going to mistake you for being a yak with a I HEART MOM tattoo, but the rules are the rules.
Hahaha. That'd be embarrassing for the boss. xD

I think if I ever saw someone claiming to be a Yakuza with a tattoo like that, I'd laugh myself to death.

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#324 (permalink))
Old
rina26 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-03-2008, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul11 View Post
Everyone who has been to or lived in Japan is saying the same thing.
Everyone? I'm obviously not saying it so please don't include me in your count.
(#325 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
08-03-2008, 03:53 AM

Just curiousity, but are you banned from public baths as well? Or just shunned?

I know this may seem like a silly question, but I'd like to quell my curiousity.

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#326 (permalink))
Old
Sukotto (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Sukotto Send a message via Skype™ to Sukotto
08-03-2008, 05:00 AM

I think tattooed foreigners have no problem going into bath house, etc.. From what I have heard it depends on the type of tattoos you have.
(#327 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

08-03-2008, 05:03 AM

Hm... A dragon wrapped around a pistol? D:

(#328 (permalink))
Old
Sukotto (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Sukotto Send a message via Skype™ to Sukotto
08-03-2008, 05:09 AM

I wander what they would think of my tattoos of a parrot drinking a margarita or the nautical stars on my wrists.
(#329 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

08-03-2008, 05:24 AM

Now, I can understand the nautical stars, but seriously? A drunk parrot? o.o

(#330 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-03-2008, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukotto View Post
I think tattooed foreigners have no problem going into bath house, etc.. From what I have heard it depends on the type of tattoos you have.
The best thing to do is to ask at at the front.

"Irezumi wa daijyoubu desu ka"

Are tattoos OK?
Closed Thread