JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Do you like tattoos?
Yes, I think tattoos can look great. 57 62.64%
No, I think that tattoos are nasty scars. 2 2.20%
Maybe, occasionally I've seen a good tattoo and it's cool but mostly they are rubbish. 32 35.16%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#81 (permalink))
Old
Tsuzuki (Offline)
冷血の私生児

Send a message via ICQ to Tsuzuki Send a message via MSN to Tsuzuki Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuzuki Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuzuki
09-18-2007, 02:06 PM

yes I love nice tattoo's ^^
I have 4 !

ギャー(*0*((◎—————ー(°°; ) スッポヌケ〜
✿ あなた だけ が みれば いい... 狂気と真実は紙一重 ✿

そして坊やは眠りについて 息衝く灰の中の炎ひとつ、ふたつと 浮かぶふくらみ愛しい横顔 大地に垂るる幾千の夢、夢 銀の瞳のゆら(◕‿‿◕ )
It's a thin line between genius and stupidity. Once you cross it there is no going back!! Luckily I have tippex and a pen so I can just redraw it where I like!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA =_=

†♫†
(#82 (permalink))
Old
BboyZetan (Offline)
Um No Thanks, Please No.

09-18-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
I'm not thinking of getting a tattoo and probably never will, unless I change my mind radically.

Sometimes they look good but fairies, butterflies, dragons, tribals and stuff like that are boring and unoriginal as fuck.
Unless the dragons are specifically designed by someone... i.e. ME.

Done well and have a purpose behind them... not just a dragon for dragons-sake.

Ignorance is a mortal weakness
(#83 (permalink))
Old
Thunda (Offline)
Don't bother reading

Send a message via MSN to Thunda
09-18-2007, 02:40 PM

haha! LOL

yeah, you draw very well...

Man I'm busy as hell. Hit me up on MSN or pm me.
(#84 (permalink))
Old
BboyZetan (Offline)
Um No Thanks, Please No.

09-18-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMex View Post
you will not get hired if you have tattos. I was going to get one many years ago but then..there is a chance of getting diseases such as AIDS and hepatitis from the needles..I hear it is safe now..but you never know ...everything carries a risk..I have 10 holes in each ear right now..and I think that is quite a bit of piercing...
*Ahem...*

Firstly, AIDS and Hepatitis C can only be caught from unsterilized environments, such as the more commercial tattooists where many people pass through every day... secondly... when has anyone gone to a job interview with shorts and t-shirts???

You ALWAYS wear a suit to an interview, covering your tattoo (unless you have them on your hands or face). In this day and age almost everyone has a tattoo, and a tattoo does not restrict you in an interview even if it is showing... it's your CV that counts... well in my experience!

Thirdly, it's true that everything caries a risk... but it is your OWN FAULT if you do not investigate the place where they will dye your skin for the rest or your natural life. Some fairly poor tattooists do not use the 100% pure Indian drawing ink... they use PRINTER INK AND CAR PAINT!!! INVESTIGATE!!!

(#85 (permalink))
Old
01Balisong (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to 01Balisong Send a message via Yahoo to 01Balisong Send a message via Skype™ to 01Balisong
09-18-2007, 03:44 PM

Well I agree that tattoo's aren't usually going to effect an interview. However I do think face/hand tattoos would. I mean a company doesn't care if they can't see. I think that some people do see tattoo's negativley.

Either way I wouldn't get a tattoo somewhere that was visible in every day life.

Saying that I am a Chef and to be honest it's one of the few work enviroments where it really doesn't matter. No-one in a kitchen cares what you look like, it's about doing a good job.

I really liked Chio's. By far the best one on here.
(#86 (permalink))
Old
BboyZetan (Offline)
Um No Thanks, Please No.

09-18-2007, 03:46 PM

Sorry for the double post... here's mine again:

(#87 (permalink))
Old
Thunda (Offline)
Don't bother reading

Send a message via MSN to Thunda
09-18-2007, 03:51 PM

Its cool, and it reminds me that dragon from that cartoon...shaolin showdown..XD

Man I'm busy as hell. Hit me up on MSN or pm me.
(#88 (permalink))
Old
01Balisong (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to 01Balisong Send a message via Yahoo to 01Balisong Send a message via Skype™ to 01Balisong
09-18-2007, 03:53 PM

Bboyzetan -

yeh you're dragon tattoo is cool. I like it. It's not something I'd get but I'm thinking of getting something similar to your's and Chio's.

I liked the red in hers.

Ill post my pic - because I was thinking of having the dragon running underneath my phoenix. Im not sure if the colour would work though or match my orginal tattoo and thats important.

Maybe ill just go for an arm? haha.
Your advice would be appreicated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tattoo.jpg (6.7 KB, 23 views)
(#89 (permalink))
Old
BboyZetan (Offline)
Um No Thanks, Please No.

09-18-2007, 03:57 PM

Imo, colour does look good, especially on a sleeve, but your dragon would have to be in the same style as the phoenix otherwise it would look out of place... unless you had it in a different style on your arm, like you said.

I don't go for colour as it does not suit me, so I just go for Black&Grey with White highlights.
So were you thinking of getting dragon with carp scales? So red with white outlines? Or what?

(#90 (permalink))
Old
01Balisong (Offline)
New to JF

09-18-2007, 04:05 PM

I was thinking of trying to combine the style of chio's and mine.

I loike the colour coming off the leaves on the outside.

So maybe I could keep the dragon black and white. Use the colour - i.e. background, like leaves or horizon to tie the two together. So even if the phonenix and dragon don't match exctly the background could tie them together.

U see what I mean?

Ill attach Chios pic so u can see hers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chio.jpg (14.8 KB, 20 views)
Closed Thread