Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#61 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
05-06-2008, 03:09 PM

WIth my parents both being from the southern U.S. and being born before the Civil Rights Act was passed, skin color has always been an issue in my world. My father's family was racist to the core, but he raised me to ignore skin colors. At least until one night I came home from a basketball game with my date (caucasian) and 4 black male friends. He was polite until they left and then there was an explosion in the house. My mother was raised in Texas and despite all her efforts to squelch her racism, when I introduced my hispanic date for the prom, she was visibly uncomfortable.

While Yuujiro's attitude has been soured, I applaud his honesty in this forum. Its much easier to post about how you try to be, than how you really are when faced with uncomfortable issues. And everyone here deserves some commendation for their civility in discussing a difficult issue without personal attacks.

Honestly, while I do not condemn anyone for their skin color, I have been guilty of racism. I have met people of almost every race and skin color that exists and there are those that over time I have learned to be wary of and those that tend to have unwarranted higher opinions of. (and some people are really surprised when I let them know which is which) Both are wrong, but both are fact. Denying the facts will prevent you from correcting them. They are learned reactions, just like everyone else's. And being learned they can be changed, but not if one's exposure to a particular race continues to reinforce the negative aspects of that race.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#62 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
05-06-2008, 03:20 PM

Oh, just for the record, I have almost pasty white facial skin. And I have come to accept it, but I hate how easily it reddens. I wish it would tan a little like the rest of my skin, but at least it doesn't freckle and goth is very easy for me to do.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#63 (permalink))
Old
Asakura (Offline)
Training like Ryu.......

05-10-2008, 02:00 AM

Well all I know about this is that in Achient (I cant freakin' spell that word)
Japan it was a popular fasion statement to whiten the face and blacken the teeth. It was a symbol of beauty and status for hundreds of years. Kinda like the Blonde hair and long legs of the western world.
(#64 (permalink))
Old
yurifish (Offline)
New to JF

05-10-2008, 10:44 PM

well, you need to eat a lot of vegs, as well as drinking a lot of fruit juice, milk, boiled egg etc I guess
(#65 (permalink))
Old
forgotenmemory (Offline)
Where's the rock lobster?

05-13-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Don't watch American news channels >.<
Damn...you....

MY JF FAMILY and Fellow Pervs
http://www.freewebs.com/fantasyfact/jffamily.htm
Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!
fantasyfact.proboards54.com
(#66 (permalink))
Old
forgotenmemory (Offline)

05-13-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
At least you are honest and aware of your stereotypes. There are several black and Latino members on this forum that would probably disagree with you, but there is nothing I say that will change your experiences, I just hope as you grow up and get older you have a more well-rounded experience with people of other races.
Me...?

Oh, yeah, my skin is kinda lightish brownish (lol) Not as dark as my mom, but not as light as my sister, and both my parents are latino, but I have these weird slanted eyes. And everyone is confused about my ancestry, one of my friends thought I was black when he first saw me (the hair, I guees...) and other kids keep calling me Mexican, even when I tell them I'm not from Mexico. Etc...>.<

Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!

Last edited by forgotenmemory : 05-13-2008 at 06:03 PM.
(#67 (permalink))
Old
zeldalover (Offline)
JF Regular

05-13-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacKitty89 View Post
Hey there...

I noticed that many japanese girls and guys want to have white skin. What's so nice about beeing white?

Could somebody explain that to me? Has it to do with the gothloli culture?

Arigatou!
whaaaaaaat?????/ why on earth would they want to be white?!

thats not much different than someone wanting to dye their hair blonde, In my school, its the same as being blond and knocking off 2 IQ points whenever they do somthing stupid, and even if you dont, they still make fun of you, theres nothing great at ALL about being a whitie.

I love saria-chan.......
(#68 (permalink))
Old
zeldalover (Offline)
JF Regular

05-13-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asouatiqah View Post
usually white skin looks prettier than black.
but it depends..

black skin people wish to have white skin n
white skin people wish to have black skin...
this is weired but it is reality ^^"
japanese arent black, their just a... light brownish... I think....

I love saria-chan.......
(#69 (permalink))
Old
forgotenmemory (Offline)

05-13-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldalover View Post
whaaaaaaat?????/ why on earth would they want to be white?!

thats not much different than someone wanting to dye their hair blonde, In my school, its the same as being blond and knocking off 2 IQ points whenever they do somthing stupid, and even if you dont, they still make fun of you, theres nothing great at ALL about being a whitie.
-.- That was stupid....

Perv Dance
(#70 (permalink))
Old
Scoob94P (Offline)
JF Regular

05-20-2008, 05:30 PM

hmm, this is quite a sensitive issue really... I don't think many japanese do, for example the ganguro craze that's hit tokyo, dya think they want pale skin! I think paler skin looks more delicate but really everyone should just be happy with the way they were made because there's a silver lining on every cloud. If they were pale they'd burn in the heat of their country, i'd never want to change my skin tone
Closed Thread