JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#951 (permalink))
Old
Taleisin (Offline)
New to JF

11-17-2008, 07:28 AM

WhispyMcwillow
I'm sorry, you misunderstand. I wasn't referring to lolitas, but to everybody else. I should have said "it seems that most of the (non-lolita) girls just want to look sexy". Is that better? I like the lolita fashions a lot, I like the cuteness.

nanas
Do you wear the lolita style to work and out & about? Or just for special occasions? I've only ever seen it in pictures. Do you know any older women, 35, 40, 45 that wear it?

I went and checked out the White Peacock store (Whitepeacock,com). She says she is the first and only Lolita store in the US. She is in the South Bay area of Los Angeles. The store was very nice, a little small; she said that she does most of her sales on line. If you buy from this store say you heard about it on the Forum.

Remember what the DorMouse said...
Feed your head!
(#952 (permalink))
Old
nanas (Offline)
Outsider

Send a message via Yahoo to nanas
11-17-2008, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taleisin View Post
WhispyMcwillow
I'm sorry, you misunderstand. I wasn't referring to lolitas, but to everybody else. I should have said "it seems that most of the (non-lolita) girls just want to look sexy". Is that better? I like the lolita fashions a lot, I like the cuteness.

nanas
Do you wear the lolita style to work and out & about? Or just for special occasions? I've only ever seen it in pictures. Do you know any older women, 35, 40, 45 that wear it?

I went and checked out the White Peacock store (Whitepeacock,com). She says she is the first and only Lolita store in the US. She is in the South Bay area of Los Angeles. The store was very nice, a little small; she said that she does most of her sales on line. If you buy from this store say you heard about it on the Forum.
Hi! So far I only have two outfits because I made one and the other is kinda more bohemian. Im a stay at home mom at the moment so I wear my outfits when ever I can go out! Im more a casual lolita So t shirt and loli skirt. I go to the post office, mall anywhere with it! So far I'm the ony one I know that wears loli down here. Maybe once I start college again Ill find more. Do you know the web site for that store?

Nanas
De moda lo que te acomoda!
(#953 (permalink))
Old
Taleisin (Offline)
New to JF

11-18-2008, 07:27 AM

Hi nanas
I think the web site is www.whitepeacock,com but I left the magazine at work. I'll check tomorror but they've blocked this web site on my computer at work so if that's not it, I'll get back to you tomorror night.

Feed your head!
(#954 (permalink))
Old
KikiBunny23 (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to KikiBunny23 Send a message via MSN to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Yahoo to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Skype™ to KikiBunny23
11-18-2008, 12:38 PM

The website actually is The White Peacock: Sweet and Gothic Lolita, Womens and Mens
I believe it is on the lolita clan front page if I'm not mistaken
(#955 (permalink))
Old
Taleisin (Offline)
New to JF

11-19-2008, 07:12 AM

Hey
Well, the name is The White Peacock and if I'd remembered that I might have gotten the web site correct: www.TWPeacock.com. My bad.
How long can I blame this stuff on being a newbie?

Feed your head!
(#956 (permalink))
Old
alexlovesrock (Offline)
JF Regular

11-19-2008, 09:57 AM

use the internet!! many japanese companies have sites u can buy stuff from!!
(#957 (permalink))
Old
MissHoneyBeeee (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-19-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlovesrock View Post
use the internet!! many japanese companies have sites u can buy stuff from!!
first of all:
READ THE WHOLE THREAD PLEASE AND THANK YOU
we already went over that, and they are VERY expensive/or we r unable to buy online (like me D: )

second of all:
WELCOME
i hope u join the thread
(#958 (permalink))
Old
XxLoveDiruxX (Offline)
not really on here much..

Location: in Kyo's pocket!! i love this pocket!!! so warm and little... <3~
Send a message via AIM to XxLoveDiruxX Send a message via Yahoo to XxLoveDiruxX
11-22-2008, 05:45 AM

arigatou, gozaimashita!!!

annou...

ok, first things first... we DID go over the read-the-whole-thread-or-just-glance-over-it thing, RIGHT?!?! WHY ARENT SOME OF YOU NOT LISTENING?!?!?!?

And i did have fun at the concert, Kyo spit in my mouth!!! *it may sound gross to some, but i loved it, personally* AND i caught Kaoru's (rythm guitar) guitar pick!!! over all, it was an amazing show, i wanna see it again!!!

Konnechewa, Taleisin...
You know what? i like you. you have very good views, just like myself. i agree with you that lolita shouldnt be sexy or anything, it is supposed to be kawaii... but other things in lolita can be scary, also. and not that there is a problem with that, but in my mind, its supposed to be more formal, than anything... lIKE A VICTORIAN DOLL OR SOMETHING... bUT YOU, I LIKE... KEEP UP WITH THE THREAD, AND YOU WILL BE LIKE MY BEST FRIEND..... (totally didnt mean the whole TyPiNg LiKe ThIs just now... XD)
SORRY
"suimasen!!!" Bows
<3~~~

(#959 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

11-22-2008, 06:26 PM

T.T What have I missed? Darn staying-at-school-until-the-school-closes-every-night.

@Love- The spitting sounds hilariously awesome. How did you get him to do it?

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#960 (permalink))
Old
athena91 (Offline)
New to JF

11-23-2008, 04:07 AM

i live in cali and havent seen any either. ive looked online for stores in the us but havent found any. im saving money so i cant buy it online since its expensive. i know what you mean about people saying things about how you dress where i live its mostly holister,forever 21 ,and so on. im probably the onlyone who knows of lolita fashion in my city