LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

05-18-2009, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyndrem View Post
I agree, but I also want to live young while I can, you know?? Before long, I'll be old and won't be able to do the things I can do now. I mean yeah some of those things may be ridiculous and absolutely stupid, but you can't say you didn't enjoy that, even if you do regret it, right?
You're 16. You've got decades until you're "old".

It was good until I started getting comments, and people started loosing interest in me. Then, it wasn't enjoyable at all. However, I do not regret it, because now I know how much of a fool I was.

And I'm telling you out of experience. I'm not someone who hasn't done it before, I have, and I'm telling you, it's not worth it.

Wait a few years until you mature slightly more, and then, when you've left home, you can make your own decisions.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#32 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
05-18-2009, 12:49 AM

Question: Cant piercings in your mouth get infected quicky, being that you mouth is one of the dirtiest places on your body???

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-18-2009, 12:57 AM

I've found through long experience that most people who have lots of piercings tend to be insecure, or simply not very smart.

Since when did getting piercings (or tattoos) become a part of "living young"? "Living young" has to do with enjoying life relatively care free, and not worrying so much about one's appearance, or other's opinions of the same.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
05-18-2009, 12:58 AM

Well, I believe you just have to be sure to take care of it. And yes, I think it is very likely
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
05-18-2009, 01:31 AM

Just to toss in some random info...

I had my ears pierced when I was 8 or 9 (I forget). Totally normal, totally boring procedure... etc.
They became infected, and we later found out that I have an allergic reaction to pretty much any metal and a whole other slew of things. So I stopped wearing earrings pretty soon after.

Anyway, even after professional care, antibiotic treatments, etc - one side is perpetually infected and flares up without warning on a regular basis. It`s gotten so bad that I`ve had to go to the doctor to have it pierced and drained (TMI, I know). They`ve NEVER healed up, and if I feel the desire I can still put on earrings despite having not worn any for years and years at a time.

If I had that problem with my lip, wow, life would completely suck. I do not even want to imagine a part of my face swelling up and needing medical attention every few months. And I am a very cleanly person, it isn`t as if I let my ears get dirty.
At least I can hide my ear with my hair if there is a problem....

Things can and do go wrong. You may very well regret it later in your life, take it out, but have persistent issues. While piercings are better than tattoos when it come to being able to get rid of them there is still the opportunity for problems.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
KikiBunny23 (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to KikiBunny23 Send a message via MSN to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Yahoo to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Skype™ to KikiBunny23
05-18-2009, 01:38 AM

I'd say wait a bit like (almost) everyone else in this thread. my friend pierced hers and she let it close up within a few weeks because it started annoying her and she didn't like having to hide it from teachers (we're not allowed any visible piercings except ears)
But if you asked one of my other friends, he'd prolly say go for it (he loves piercings)
But try the fake ring haha. Then you'd know how it feels and if you'd be comfortable with it

@nyo:uch, that sounds painful. I would hate it if that happened to me >.<
(#37 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-18-2009, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyndrem View Post
I agree, but I also want to live young while I can, you know?? Before long, I'll be old and won't be able to do the things I can do now. I mean yeah some of those things may be ridiculous and absolutely stupid, but you can't say you didn't enjoy that, even if you do regret it, right?
I can hear you but that's actually the problem.

"You tend to look back and say "God I was stupid, why didn't I listen to my parents"

For me having such a young sibling, having been in the bad world, been their done that, you just know and understand all the correct and good ways and it just comes naturally.

It's a real natural feeling and your parents are really the only real people in our world that give us their true and totally honest reasons and opinions.

Forget what other people think or say look "good", friends come and go home, Image is not real, but your parents are with you fully so you can believe in them forever. They are forever on your side and want and hope everything best for you.

Cheers - Oz
(#38 (permalink))
Old
synok (Offline)
JF Regular

05-19-2009, 07:48 AM

Do what you like, and let noone stop you! Lip-piercings are cool.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
solemnclockwork (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-19-2009, 08:22 AM

I have had both my tongue and eyebrow pieced. Now I do regret doing those mainly because I have scars in both places. Another thing to look out for in mouth piercings is how it will affect your inside of your mouth. Metal will undoubtedly erode anything that it will rub up against, so plastic is the safest to go with. Food and drinks will also become an problem as they might get caught up in said piercing. It cannot be said of how bad infections can be, so you do take an risk with that.

Last point of advice (already been said, but repetition hits home) is to respect your parents wishes (you DO NOT want an hostile home). In most cases the parent is only looking out for the well being of there child, and they are usually much wiser then there children.

1 Corinthians 10: 31-33
31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
(#40 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
05-19-2009, 06:11 PM

Ok, what makes you think you can't do things once you are older!?! I had my first tattoo at 40 ..... about the same time I was lecturing about piercings.

As for any facial piercing - the odds are you will live to regret it. Sorry, but except for a few "freaks" I know that still wear theirs (in their late 30s, along with full body tattooing) everyone ends up regratting the scar (or worse) later.

Lip piercings are easy to do, easy to clean, but a real job to take care of till they heal. Its too near that germ factory known as your mouth to ignore a serious hygiene regime. Get lazy and you will have a bigger problem. At least its easier than your tongue. And be ready to face constant criticism from all but your devoted peers. You can't hide it from anyone, so you will look like just another teenager that couldn't resist the fad.

BTW, not everyone likes kissing a metal ring.

Sorry to be harsh, but you need to be ready for it if you are going to pierce any part of your face.

But don't get me started on belly button rings.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.