JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Yoite (Offline)
JF Regular

05-19-2009, 07:10 PM

I like lippiercings and I want to take one myself, though I'm carefully considering it. I know I won't wear it for life. I've already talked about it with my parents and they don't like it though my mom is agreeing now I exactly explained why and how. But she and my dad don't like it anyway and I can imagine why they hate it, I'm after all their daughter and it can influence my health if I do not take good care of it (it is no radical action to rebel against them, I love them).
And darksyndrem; I strongly advice you to really talk it over with your parents, it's a form of respect too you know. Just wait 'till you're 18 years old so you can make the decision as an adult, but still think about your parents.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
synok (Offline)
JF Regular

05-19-2009, 07:16 PM

If you compare piercings to tattoos, you can take out the piercing if it wont fit, and let it heal. Sometimes the healing period varies, but a piercing will always heal. If you want to try it, go for it! If you think you dont fit in it, you can always take it off.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
solemnclockwork (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-20-2009, 12:42 AM

After reading this thread for an secound time I just remember something imoportant that relates to Jobs and piercings.

They will effect what Job you may be able to get. Overall they have an bad image when it comes to holding or getting an job. Employers (most) want people who are going to present the least hostile presence ( a lot of people just don't know how to deal with someone with viewable facial piercings) if your going to work with public. Now you can get an job with piercings it is going to get much harder though with facial piercings (the more you have the harder it becomes). Even then if your just working in the background the employer could decide your would be to much of an risk of getting into an accident on the floor with facial piercings. Now these could be scenario that could come up, but in this post they serve to show you of how having facial piercings could affect your ability to hold down an Job.

1 Corinthians 10: 31-33
31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
synok (Offline)
JF Regular

05-20-2009, 09:25 AM

Maybe it just depends. If it looks good with the piercing, maybe they will hire you easier. If it looks bad with the piercing, or dont fit in, maybe its harder. But generally it might be harder, but that all depends on where you have it.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

05-20-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by synok View Post
Maybe it just depends. If it looks good with the piercing, maybe they will hire you easier. If it looks bad with the piercing, or dont fit in, maybe its harder. But generally it might be harder, but that all depends on where you have it.
I fail to see how this is so. It's not due to how good it looks, it's fact that the many people associate piercings with hostility.

Also, piercings never fully heal, as has been said before.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#46 (permalink))
Old
synok (Offline)
JF Regular

05-20-2009, 10:04 AM

Might be right, but maybe he can just take off the piercing on the job interview then put it back. :P
(#47 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

Question Think about it.... - 05-20-2009, 10:16 AM

LOOK

THINK HARD

DO YOU REALLY WANT IT

DO YOU REALLY THINK IT LOOKS GOOD

TAKE YOUR PARENTS ADVICE AND STAY NATURAL

Cheers - Oz
(#48 (permalink))
Old
Sachiko (Offline)
*waves*

05-20-2009, 11:07 AM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!
oh moy gosh Oz...
i'm in fits!! XD

sure has been a while...
(#49 (permalink))
Old
ARoomwithaMOOSE (Offline)
Communicating Effectively

Cool 05-20-2009, 12:16 PM

I know people who had nose piercings/other piercings and left their earing/earings out for two days and the hole healed.
But lip rings do leave a little hole (unless you get a huge lip ring then you would have a big hole )

Peace is Knowing

"No One would ride in a car with out breaks"
Gackt.C

FEAR IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL!

Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs, it is the rule.
Friedrich Nietzsche
(#50 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-20-2009, 12:18 PM

That sounds scary

Cheers - Oz