LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

06-17-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
You don't like the English spoken in Britan, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Canada, the US... in what part of the world do you think English is actually well spoken?
In most parts of America!

the thing is, they at least can adapt and speak normally hiding their own accent.

People from the UK cannot do so. Even if they try really, really hard.. the accent always shines through unfortunetly..
(#32 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

06-17-2011, 02:21 PM

Everything bold-underlined is a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
I would say that the OP is right to some degree.

Especially Native Speakers from the UK are awful. Their accent is so complicated and out of this world, that I don't understand how some schools would like to hire them.

I would never in a million times do that. I would prefer a German Native, who studied the English language for several years over any other Native speaker.

Even most Canadiens and Americans abuse the English language with their terrible pronunciations.

But a well spoken American Native is of course better than a German Native. However the gap isn't that big and the grammer part most likely belongs to the German, if however the American didn't study his own mother-language. (<- This makes no sense!)

PS: Can be applied to every Nation of course not just Germans^^

Quote:
Ok 90% are awful Suki. Just listen to most English Natives Suki. They abuse thir own language!! It's not funny anymore.
And then go up north, towards Scotland and Wales (Wales is west, not north) .. Ireland OMG in this area English doesn't exist anymore.

Not talking about me hunny Even though my English is quite good!

The only mistake you will find^^ I always did that mistake haha

I will never learn it I guess..

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
06-17-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
In most parts of America!

the thing is, they at least can adapt and speak normally hiding their own accent.

People from the UK cannot do so. Even if they try really, really hard.. the accent always shines through unfortunetly..
They don't try to hide their accent, it just sounds more natural to you cause you are used to hearing it on TV and movies and so you think this is the right way to speak, but there's no such thing. Probably for people who are used to the British accent it will sound wrong the way Americans pronounce some words and surely they will notice an accent where you don't.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#34 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

06-17-2011, 02:24 PM

Thank you James

but somebody else was already kind enough to help me out over pm^^

My English School marks however prove me right all the time

the thing I have to work on is my style
(#35 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

06-17-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
They don't try to hide their accent, it just sounds more natural to you cause you are used to hearing it on TV and movies and so you think this is the right way to speak, but there's no such thing. Probably for people who are used to the British accent it will sound wrong the way Americans pronounce some words and surely they will notice an accent where you don't.
Oh not at all Suki. All of my friends from the UK always told me, that they abuse their own language. Thats where I have this from

They actually know that American's speak correct English and they don't!

everyone excused themself about their terrible accent in front of me.

Last edited by BobbyCooper : 06-17-2011 at 02:29 PM.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

06-17-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Oh not at all Suki. All of my friends from the UK always told me, that they abuse their own language. Thats where I have this from

everyone excused themself about their terrible accent in front of me.
Spelling, grammar, style, all of that aside, you somehow manage to have the 2nd largest track record of false and incorrect statements on this forum.
1st is BJL of course, maybe your mom?

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-17-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:

Oh you should not generalise. Language is a living ever changing way of communication.

There are different accents and dialects depending where you were brought up. They add to the variety of language. I suspect everywhere in the world that languages also have dialects and accents and different expressions etc.

I do not abuse my own language. I love it.

You are rather conceited to think that you could teach English better than native speakers.

I also read a great deal.

personally I think you are crazy. TO say that Americans speak correct English and that the English Do not? Bonkers or what?

Much of TV or film has Americans so many people are more familiar with them than with the English films.

I don't know who your English friends are but you should not just be influenced by them.

I am not American, I cannot speak with American accents. I could never roll my rrrr's as is necessary in German which is very guttural.

Americans use DD in place of T in their speech.

Liddle instead of little-- they do not pronounce the middle "T's as we do.

I like a bit of butter on my toast-- I like a bid of budder on my toast for example.

some English people drop their "H''s and tend to put them where they should not be.

some pronounce AICH as HAICH-- which is wrong.

Londoners tend to drop their "T's" if they speak in a cockney accent.

I cannot understand Liverpudlian accents at all. But The Queen's English is what I believe schools endeavour to teach students.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 06-17-2011 at 02:42 PM.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

06-17-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
Spelling, grammar, style, all of that aside, you somehow manage to have the 2nd largest track record of false and incorrect statements on this forum.
1st is BJL of course, maybe your mom?
Well my English mark on my A-Level is what counts James

13 Points maybe 14 next year^^ **cross fingers**

15 points is the highest btw^^

the problem is my style

my mistakes are always below 10 which means 13 points.

Last edited by BobbyCooper : 06-17-2011 at 02:35 PM.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

06-17-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
Oh you should not generalise. Language is a living ever changing way of communication.

There are different accents and dialects depending where you were brought up. They add to the variety of language. I suspect everywhere in the world that languages also have dialects and accents and different expressions etc.

I do not abuse my own language. I love it.

You are rather conceited to think that you could teach English better than native speakers.

I also read a great deal.

personally I think you are crazy
Well, I am fairly sure that the little Japanese would understand me much, much better than you.

That should answer your question.
(#40 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

06-17-2011, 02:37 PM

If you think American English is correct, what do you make of
Nite
Thru
Boston
and countless others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post

personally I think you are crazy
I 2nd that.