JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#71 (permalink))
Old
ivory_byrd (Offline)
J*Rock Geisha

11-18-2006, 06:31 PM

they finally are finishing up production or already done with the final movie... i heard they got rid of all the characters from the second and its now just her... i think the basis of the last one is that she has to fight the brain of the operation... some doctor and such... i never really played the games but i have seen the being played... i am not big on shooting games but the gameplay was really good especially on resident evil 4

...blah....
(#72 (permalink))
Old
Sakura (Offline)
New to JF

11-19-2006, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
I've noticed that with The Ring and The Grudge that I really enjoy Japanese horror movies. Or more accurately, the product I get served here in the USA that was inspired or originated from Japanese horror movies.
I've seen both The Grudge and the Japanese version, Ju-On. Honestly, I liked Ju-On much better and hated the American remake. I haven't seen The Grudge 2, watching the previews just made it seem as though it was another diluted version.

Me wa kuchi hodo ni mono o ii...Les yeux parlent autant que la bouche
(#73 (permalink))
Old
Ryoutsu (Offline)
New to JF

11-19-2006, 08:23 PM

Horror movies scare the willies out of me. I like watching them when I have someone to cuddle with. I think that Japanese movies would scare me more because they are not the hack and slash, which really only bother me because I don't like seeing people hacked or slashed. xx
(#74 (permalink))
Old
ivory_byrd (Offline)
J*Rock Geisha

12-01-2006, 07:06 PM

the grudge two actually had a good japanese-based storyline... i think the director didnt want it to be a real remake just took some parts and made it seem like the same thing will happen over and over again for all eternity... it was around the end you realize that kayako's mother fed her evil spirits as a child... that was the reason behind her being so creepy... i look at it this way tho for the grudge movies...

the first two of the Ju-On Saga were the Tv Movies
Ju on the curse 1
Ju on the curse 2

then the theatrical releases
Ju On
Ju On 2

Then the Americanized Theatrical Sequals to the Japanese Films
The Grudge
The Grudge 2

Not entirely a remake but a branching off... like for example " a few years later after the first in home aid died an american aid transfer stumbles into the house... " sort of like a repeat in history...

Dont get me wrong there were some really bad things about the grudge 2 i didnt like... like how pple who didnt even go into the house still got killed... and the whole other family started a new thing in america... dont know how the cat demon boy fell into that but oh well...

But my main point is that they really aren't remakes at all just chapters in a powerful saga... and if you go into watching the movies with that mindset you might like them better.... or not... but i enjoyed them but thats just me!

...blah....
(#75 (permalink))
Old
Harima_Hario (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Harima_Hario
12-04-2006, 09:40 PM

Ju-On 2 is just gross. the woman giving birth bit, its bad enough in real labour. we men faint at the oppotunity, not that ive experienced the wonders of child birth. :P

The japanese aren't the only ones to make clever horror films. Also The chinese and the koreans. The last good korean one i watched was A tale of two sisters and from China The Eye. I dont know if any of them were scary, i dont get scared watching horror movies, i grew up watching them and im desensitised. So im missing out on the experience, i only watch them for the cinematography and style. Silent Hill (story was bad) and the descent, being my favs for the past year or so.

The Host (korea) looks really good. Check out the trailer here Magnolia Pictures :: Film Details.
(#76 (permalink))
Old
GitarisutoKao (Offline)
Shou Sama

Send a message via AIM to GitarisutoKao Send a message via MSN to GitarisutoKao
12-04-2006, 11:53 PM

i like the grudge 2!! 9 i know its not japanese but its made by a japanese guy!!)
(#77 (permalink))
Old
Jo_Kittie (Offline)
Still owns Uruha's ass.

Send a message via MSN to Jo_Kittie
12-17-2006, 03:17 AM

Yay! Japanese horror movies: My favourites x3

I've only seen The Grudge and The ring (Grudge in English) but they approved to me enough to simply love japanese horror movies :]

Can you guys give me some suggestions for good horror movies form down there? ^^
(#78 (permalink))
Old
Azuzero (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Azuzero
12-17-2006, 10:51 AM

i like to watch Japanese horror movies but not alot lol they scare the hell out of me! i watched ring zero at my friends birthday and i was scared for a month....hahaha i know Battle Royal wasn't a horror movie but that scared me aswell with all the horrific killing they do to each other......
(#79 (permalink))
Old
Vulgarism (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Vulgarism
12-29-2006, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harima_Hario View Post
Ju-On 2 is just gross. the woman giving birth bit, its bad enough in real labour. we men faint at the oppotunity, not that ive experienced the wonders of child birth. :P

The japanese aren't the only ones to make clever horror films. Also The chinese and the koreans. The last good korean one i watched was A tale of two sisters and from China The Eye. I dont know if any of them were scary, i dont get scared watching horror movies, i grew up watching them and im desensitised. So im missing out on the experience, i only watch them for the cinematography and style. Silent Hill (story was bad) and the descent, being my favs for the past year or so.

The Host (korea) looks really good. Check out the trailer here Magnolia Pictures :: Film Details.
Watch Gozu. Tis all I'll tell you .

Anyhoo, anyone enjoy the Guinea Pig movies? Sure, they are just exploitation, but the FX are amazing for the time. Naked Blood wasn't bad neither. I am up for anything Miike, so I have to add Audition, Ichi the Killer, Izo, and Happiness of the Katakuris, which is by far my favorite movie of all time.

And I do also agree about Korea and China. R-Point was great, as The Eye. But right now, Park Chan-Wook is the greatest director in my eyes. If you watch the vengeance trilogy, you'll see why. Not only does he make you feel like a part of the movie, he makes you hate the antagonist. Films don't do that much anymore. The great thing about the vengeance trilogy is that it is a trilogy linked by a single though--Not a story. Revenge. You can watch Oldboy alone and come out a changed person, or you can watch all three of the movies and feel something you've never felt before.

Asian horror and drama is what good film-making is right now.
(#80 (permalink))
Old
ivory_byrd (Offline)
J*Rock Geisha

12-30-2006, 04:18 AM

has anyone heard who is gonna play in the new EYE remake... effing TOM CRUISE and JESSICA ALBA... shoot me now before i decide to do it myself... and if anyone seen the back of the PULSE movie cover notice it says "The most original horror film of the year" ... problem it was based of Kairo... the japanese horror film.... MAKES ME ANGRY

...blah....