JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: marilyn manson...love him or hate lim?
love him 37 27.21%
like him 44 32.35%
dislike him 22 16.18%
hate him 25 18.38%
never heard of him 8 5.88%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#121 (permalink))
Old
MageYuri387 (Offline)
Is Part Vampire

12-28-2007, 01:02 AM

I love him. My friend on the interweb introduced Marilyn Manson to me about six months ago and I've loved his music ever since. ^^ Of course, I was a bit freaked out by one of his music videos the first time I saw it... and still am. I now look for AMVs of his songs instead of actual music videos.

Never Take 'I love you', lightly.

Two minds, One Body
~Yuugi and Atemu~

A STEPHENIE MEYER FAN AND ANIME FAN
(#122 (permalink))
Old
MaymeRachael (Offline)
War Sucks, Let's Party!

Send a message via Yahoo to MaymeRachael
12-28-2007, 03:13 AM

Yes!!!!!!
Another MM er!!!!!!

Muffin Club Founder & President l Miyavi Stalking Society l Jello Club
Matoi from Phantasmagoria l Sharing Satoshi from Girugamesh w/Miyavifan
MEMBER OF THE FINAL FANTASY CLAN CODENAME:AERIS
(#123 (permalink))
Old
Yorichan (Offline)
Andrew the Dark

Talking 01-08-2008, 02:04 PM

MARILYN MANSON!!!!!!!!!

the fire within is a gift...
use it wisely...
(#124 (permalink))
Old
Kloudcat (Offline)
You just lost The Game.

Send a message via AIM to Kloudcat
01-08-2008, 06:21 PM

i've loved him since i was 10 ^^
(#125 (permalink))
Old
Godzirra (Offline)
New to JF

01-08-2008, 06:59 PM

I dislike that people label his music as gothic when it's far from the true form of gothic music. Though he is very mainstream in the goth world (mostly those hot topic kids), i do enjoy when musicians stand up for their right of expressing themselves when they get blamed for any negative outcome in one of their fans life, or their lyrics are too explicit and should be detained from the ears of young adults.

One person who i thought did a good job on this was (Dee Snider, from twisted sister in 1985 who went into a senatorial hearing, to place "Warning: Parental Advisory" labels on music.

Anyways back on topic, my mind doesn't judge ones choice in music, saying "your favorite music SUCKS" would be equivelant to one saying "your sense in smell SUCKS, lavender is so much better then roses man......get a REAL SENSE iN SMELL".
(#126 (permalink))
Old
SovereignEvil (Offline)
J'aime l'esprit foncé

01-08-2008, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzirra View Post
I dislike that people label his music as gothic when it's far from the true form of gothic music.
Agreed, his music is not gothic, but according to both me, himself and many fans his music is labeled as "gothic industrial metal" (along with a couple of other genres for some songs), so there's some truth in it. Manson himself on the other hand is a kind of goth I believe, even if his music is not totally, and a very dirty one he is.

Much love for Manson, and I don't really care if others don't like him. If everyone did I would be bored to death to be a fan. I adore his music and admire his intelligence, and hate all the prejudices and lies that people have against him. I had those prejudices first, but that was before I really listened to his music and watched him in interviews and live on stage. People don't have to like him, just know the true Manson, then I'd be much more happy.

He has inspired me much, both in lyrical and poetic text and in my view towards the government, not just the US, but all governments. His style inspires the photos I snap too, to that morbid and sometimes erotic mood. Also, he is one of the main sources where I discovered that I was bi-sexual (I mean, c'mon, he's friggin' hawt!).

People shouldn't look down on his latest album, EAT ME, DRINK ME, I mean, it's definately not one of his best works, it goes far down in the ranking list among all his albums, at least for me, but seriously, it was not total crap. Mutilation Is The Most Sincere Form Of Flattery and You And Me And The Devil Makes 3 has lots of his previous morbid style left in it, and If I Was Your Vampire, The Red Carpet Grave and Evidence weren't too bad either.

Oh, and everyone who label his music as emo can go to Hell.
Nah, but seriously, I hate people who label his music totally wrong, especially as emo.

May that antichrist superstar b*tch live long!

(#127 (permalink))
Old
miyavikuun (Offline)
Disgraceful murder

Send a message via MSN to miyavikuun
01-09-2008, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovereignEvil View Post
Agreed, his music is not gothic, but according to both me, himself and many fans his music is labeled as "gothic industrial metal" (along with a couple of other genres for some songs), so there's some truth in it. Manson himself on the other hand is a kind of goth I believe, even if his music is not totally, and a very dirty one he is.

Much love for Manson, and I don't really care if others don't like him. If everyone did I would be bored to death to be a fan. I adore his music and admire his intelligence, and hate all the prejudices and lies that people have against him. I had those prejudices first, but that was before I really listened to his music and watched him in interviews and live on stage. People don't have to like him, just know the true Manson, then I'd be much more happy.

He has inspired me much, both in lyrical and poetic text and in my view towards the government, not just the US, but all governments. His style inspires the photos I snap too, to that morbid and sometimes erotic mood. Also, he is one of the main sources where I discovered that I was bi-sexual (I mean, c'mon, he's friggin' hawt!).

People shouldn't look down on his latest album, EAT ME, DRINK ME, I mean, it's definately not one of his best works, it goes far down in the ranking list among all his albums, at least for me, but seriously, it was not total crap. Mutilation Is The Most Sincere Form Of Flattery and You And Me And The Devil Makes 3 has lots of his previous morbid style left in it, and If I Was Your Vampire, The Red Carpet Grave and Evidence weren't too bad either.

Oh, and everyone who label his music as emo can go to Hell.
Nah, but seriously, I hate people who label his music totally wrong, especially as emo.

May that antichrist superstar b*tch live long!
yes very well said
and also i just love him cause he is f**king awesome and my friend slove him too but now she loves him even more cause he looks like a older version of this one guy that moved away recently

MUFFIN CLUB!!!
Co-Founder and proud Member of the Miyavi Stalking Society
I own Cat from deathstars!!
(#128 (permalink))
Old
SovereignEvil (Offline)
J'aime l'esprit foncé

01-09-2008, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyavikuun View Post
yes very well said
and also i just love him cause he is f**king awesome and my friend slove him too but now she loves him even more cause he looks like a older version of this one guy that moved away recently
Haha, for real?

Also I'd like to add that if you start a topic like this, asking what others think of a certain artist that you like, you should be well prepared to take some sh*t. Just keep it civilized, we're no primates anymore, and just respect that persons opinion (except if he's insulting the artist, or you, cursing him/you to death, all in flames, then you just beat the crap out of that person, or at least ignore him/her ;D).

(#129 (permalink))
Old
miyavikuun (Offline)
Disgraceful murder

Send a message via MSN to miyavikuun
01-09-2008, 12:28 AM

yes seriously if i could i would show a picture of the guy that moved but sadly i dont have one but they look so alike the guy that moved away he has long black hair he has a eye brow peircing and stuff cant really describe him but they do look a like
well i ws going to show a picture on how close they look cause in one picture they look exactly alike but i cant find it

MUFFIN CLUB!!!
Co-Founder and proud Member of the Miyavi Stalking Society
I own Cat from deathstars!!
(#130 (permalink))
Old
SovereignEvil (Offline)
J'aime l'esprit foncé

01-09-2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyavikuun View Post
yes seriously if i could i would show a picture of the guy that moved but sadly i dont have one but they look so alike the guy that moved away he has long black hair he has a eye brow peircing and stuff cant really describe him but they do look a like
well i ws going to show a picture on how close they look cause in one picture they look exactly alike but i cant find it
Pity, that would truly be a sight to see. It's said that you have at least one or two twins (not biological) out in the world, I wonder if Manson and he are distant twins. xD

Last edited by SovereignEvil : 01-09-2008 at 12:38 AM.