JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: marilyn manson...love him or hate lim?
love him 37 27.21%
like him 44 32.35%
dislike him 22 16.18%
hate him 25 18.38%
never heard of him 8 5.88%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#291 (permalink))
Old
SovereignEvil (Offline)
J'aime l'esprit foncé

04-07-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Lol, dude I don't care what genre they are or what something falls under. As I said, it's just rock to me.
If you don't care then don't label the shit, especially not as the wrong thing.

(#292 (permalink))
Old
Yorichan (Offline)
Andrew the Dark

04-08-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovereignEvil View Post
lol
yer funny sovereignevil!!!1
this thread is good entertainment!!!!!!lol

the fire within is a gift...
use it wisely...
(#293 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
04-08-2008, 03:27 PM

Alright people. Take a chillpill. O_O

... Anyway;
I'm not really into his music. But I love how he shook off his fate, so to say. ^^ I've seen a few documentaries on him. He's an inspiring individual.

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#294 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

04-08-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
How about you get a clue and not label it wrong yourself? You're the one arguing about the labels out there. Lacuna Coil IS Gothic Metal which is in turn a type of Rock. That is my opinion. Your opinion that I labelled it wrong is just as "wrong" to me.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#295 (permalink))
Old
SovereignEvil (Offline)
J'aime l'esprit foncé

04-08-2008, 08:00 PM

Quote:
How about you get a clue and not label it wrong yourself? You're the one arguing about the labels out there. Lacuna Coil IS Gothic Metal which is in turn a type of Rock. That is my opinion. Your opinion that I labelled it wrong is just as "wrong" to me.
Gothic metal is a type of metal, just because it spawned from rock doesn't mean it's rock. Like calling new wave a type of rock, just because it spawned from post-punk which spawned from punk which spawned from rock. You go out and label everything rock, because I don't feel like I could brighten up your mind even if I got the rest of my life.

And by the way, I'm not even sure that gothic metal is an actual genre, it's just the name of an album, like "Love Metal". If it were goth then it would be accepted in the subculture, but is Lacuna Coil accepted? No, we trash their asses!

Last edited by SovereignEvil : 04-08-2008 at 08:02 PM.
(#296 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

04-08-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Gothic metal is a type of metal, just because it spawned from rock doesn't mean it's rock. Like calling new wave a type of rock, just because it spawned from post-punk which spawned from punk which spawned from rock. You go out and label everything rock, because I don't feel like I could brighten up your mind even if I got the rest of my life.

And by the way, I'm not even sure that gothic metal is an actual genre, it's just the name of an album, like "Love Metal". If it were goth then it would be accepted in the subculture, but is Lacuna Coil accepted? No, we trash their asses!
By "we" you mean "you". Lacuna Coil is a good band.
This is the age old problem with people. They pass off their opinion as fact without an real evidence for hating or liking a thing.
When I put my opinion forward about MM, I gave reasons behind it. The fact he uses shock value to sell records and the "meaning" to his songs is over shadowed by that tactic so it doesn't really appeal to everyone.
So really, all you've said is that Lacuna Coil sucks and "we" accept it as trash.
I don't, I have almost all their albums.
Thanks for trying to brighten up my life though

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#297 (permalink))
Old
SovereignEvil (Offline)
J'aime l'esprit foncé

04-08-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
By "we" you mean "you". Lacuna Coil is a good band.
This is the age old problem with people. They pass off their opinion as fact without an real evidence for hating or liking a thing.
When I put my opinion forward about MM, I gave reasons behind it. The fact he uses shock value to sell records and the "meaning" to his songs is over shadowed by that tactic so it doesn't really appeal to everyone.
So really, all you've said is that Lacuna Coil sucks and "we" accept it as trash.
I don't, I have almost all their albums.
Thanks for trying to brighten up my life though
By "we" I mean the goth community, we trash them because they are considered part of the goth subculture when they clearly are metal and not goth. I didn't say that Lacuna Coil were a bad band, I enjoy some of their songs, I just dislike them as in GOTH. That's what I'm saying, otherwise I have nothing against them. It's like Nightwish, I love them but when people say they're goth I kick their asses. No, not really, I just tell them, and afterwards I kick their asses.

(#298 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

04-08-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
By "we" I mean the goth community, we trash them because they are considered part of the goth subculture when they clearly are metal and not goth. I didn't say that Lacuna Coil were a bad band, I enjoy some of their songs, I just dislike them as in GOTH. That's what I'm saying, otherwise I have nothing against them. It's like Nightwish, I love them but when people say they're goth I kick their asses. No, not really, I just tell them, and afterwards I kick their asses.
Alright I accept that they're not "Goth". Goth Metal though is what they are labelled. I dunno about Nightwish, that chick annoys me. Nice music though.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#299 (permalink))
Old
SovereignEvil (Offline)
J'aime l'esprit foncé

04-08-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Alright I accept that they're not "Goth". Goth Metal though is what they are labelled. I dunno about Nightwish, that chick annoys me. Nice music though.
Well, the thing with that is that there is no "goth metal". There is, however, "gothic metal" which is metal on gothic imagery, which is not what goth is when you talk about the subculture and 1980s underground movement. Gothic imagery talks about the rennaissance and churches and old architecture, castles and chapels, also vampires. Goth, however, talks about the spawn of post-punk, a genre of music and also a gathering name for people who dress accordingly.
What chick? The new one, Anette, or the old one, Tarja?

(#300 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

04-08-2008, 09:11 PM

He has a few songs that are cool but i prefer cradle