JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#251 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

10-31-2008, 08:23 AM

Well to be honest I think the rules are ridiculous, this is a music forum for discussion about music, you people should not be so easily offended by something as petty as 'no offence, but I think this band is rubbish.' This is why I never come to the music section, because nobody respects your opinion. I totally respect that you like the band, music is entirely subjective and everyone has different tastes, but these threads are filled with 'OMGZ I LUV THIZ BAND' so I thought I'd put a different spin on things here. This is why a number of people don't come to the music section aswell. It's just ridiculous. I will continue to say whatever I want to say, I'm sorry it offended you but I really don't think it should have done. If you don't like it, well it's tough.
(#252 (permalink))
Old
Bureda (Offline)
Banned

10-31-2008, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyavifan View Post
You don't know what the guys in Th are like, and it's not fair to generalize.

I have added rules to this thread.
Who the fuck are 'Tokio Hotel'?

There's too many rules already. A German band with the name 'Tokio Hotel' does not make it awesome. A German band with meaningful songs like Rammstein does though!

Anyway, this is a forum, not a political election. Everyone should be free to express their views as long as they don't draw the thread out of line.

Zombie Nation!
(#253 (permalink))
Old
emiluvsjmusic (Offline)
JF noob

10-31-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureda View Post
Who the fuck are 'Tokio Hotel'?

There's too many rules already. A German band with the name 'Tokio Hotel' does not make it awesome. A German band with meaningful songs like Rammstein does though!

Anyway, this is a forum, not a political election. Everyone should be free to express their views as long as they don't draw the thread out of line.

Zombie Nation!
Um wtf? No one said Tokio Hotel was awesome because of its name
They're famous mainly for their music

And you're right, people are allowed to express their rules.
but they're not allowed to swear.

Death Note fam & Shingami clan
JF family|Emi's Space|Haruhiism
(#254 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

10-31-2008, 10:18 AM

My post got deleted because it had "blow job" in it?

Oh dear. I think some people need to grow up it seems. I agree with Misa, this is the main reason I don't visit the music section, because of the fan girls.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#255 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

10-31-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiluvsjmusic View Post
Um wtf? No one said Tokio Hotel was awesome because of its name
They're famous mainly for their music

And you're right, people are allowed to express their rules.
but they're not allowed to swear.
My original post was this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Okay now I don't want to offend anyone but I gotta get this off my chest. I think this band is absolute rubbish, their music is terrible and what the hell is with that guys hairstyle... it's just pretty tragic. No offence guys, that's just how I feel. *Sigh ~ feels much better!*
No swearing. If that offends people, then they seriously need to get out more. Swearing is permitted on the forum, anyway.

In any case, I think the whole music section is utter bollocks. If that post has caused so much outrage amongst fan girls, well, I just feel sorry for the lot of you.
(#256 (permalink))
Old
emiluvsjmusic (Offline)
JF noob

10-31-2008, 10:43 AM

@MissMisa: I was refering to Bureda... but anyway my bad I guess it is permitted >_<
Quote:
If that offends people, then they seriously need to get out more.
How can you say that though? I mean do you seriously believe people shouldn't get offended by swearing? That's the basically whole point of it.

Death Note fam & Shingami clan
JF family|Emi's Space|Haruhiism
(#257 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

10-31-2008, 10:47 AM

Quote:
@MissMisa: I was refering to Bureda... but anyway my bad I guess it is permitted >_<

How can you say that though? I mean do you seriously believe people shouldn't get offended by swearing? That's the basically whole point of it.
I meant if people get offended by 'No offence, guys, but I think this band is rubbish,' then it's pretty sad. There are far worse things that could be said to someone than that.

I just feel that the whole music section is wishy washy and doesn't let you say anything because if you express your opinion a bunch of rabid fan girls will jump on you telling you your wrong and you don't know anything, and that your being insulting when your clearly not.
(#258 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

10-31-2008, 10:47 AM

Quote:

She was talking about Her post. She didn't swear, and MiyaviFan still got offended.

Tokio Hotel is rubbish in my opinion. I'm not allowed to express my opinion it seems, according to Myvfan. Which is the very reason why I was shocked to see her as a mod.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#259 (permalink))
Old
Katchan6 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-31-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Well to be honest I think the rules are ridiculous, this is a music forum for discussion about music, you people should not be so easily offended by something as petty as 'no offence, but I think this band is rubbish.'
Quote:
I just find it strange that someone is insulted by something so mild as that.
Quote:
Well in my opinion they are. If you find that offensive then that's pretty sad.
Quote:
I meant if people get offended by 'No offence, guys, but I think this band is rubbish,' then it's pretty sad.
Yep, thanks Misa I think we get it now!

Quote:
Okay now I don't want to offend anyone but I gotta get this off my chest. I think this band is absolute rubbish, their music is terrible and what the hell is with that guys hairstyle... it's just pretty tragic. No offence guys, that's just how I feel. *Sigh ~ feels much better!*
Rofl, "no offence but I find your taste in music terrible and absolute rubbish"?
Oh no offense taken at all! And it's fine because it's your opinion after all

「えっ、知らないの? ずくだんずんぶんぐんゲーム。」
(#260 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

10-31-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katchan6 View Post
Yep, thanks Misa I think we get it now!

Rofl, "no offence but I find your taste in music terrible and absolute rubbish"?
Oh no offense taken at all! And it's fine because it's your opinion after all
I had to say it multiple times because no-one was listening. God. I feel so sorry for you oversensitive people. It's like you've never experienced real life. If someone said to me the band I like is shite and my taste in music is awful, then I'd say, fair enough, music is completely subjective. And it is fine, if you don't like it then deal with it.