JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#311 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
01-12-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzey View Post
Yeah I like Tokio Hotel but man I was upset my favorite band ever and very talanted Linkin Park lost to them I was surprise. I was a least expecting Metallica to win.
I'm just upset that they sold out so early. It's their second album, cmon!

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#312 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
02-16-2009, 01:53 AM

Argh jeez.

It's retarded to compare Tokio Hotel and Metallica. They only have one thing in common - they're both bands. doh.
Different styles, different fanbases.

Metallica legends? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
- yes, I went there. lol.

As I've mentioned before, I liked the good ol' TH. The original German songs and all. Back in 2006 they were pretty alright. But the money got to their managers head and now they suck. Oh thee youth. Oh thee money.

MissMisa@ FORCED even? Why didn't you just say... 'no'?

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#313 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
02-16-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanteNa View Post
Argh jeez.

It's retarded to compare Tokio Hotel and Metallica. They only have one thing in common - they're both bands. doh.
Different styles, different fanbases.

Metallica legends? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
- yes, I went there. lol.

As I've mentioned before, I liked the good ol' TH. The original German songs and all. Back in 2006 they were pretty alright. But the money got to their managers head and now they suck. Oh thee youth. Oh thee money.

MissMisa@ FORCED even? Why didn't you just say... 'no'?
Retarded? Yes it is, and MTV is retarded for giving Tokio Hotel the award over Metallica... that's where the argue all started.

Metallica, they are legends, in case you don't know they redefined the heavy metal Black Sabbath started, but I guess you don't consider it anything big. "Master of Puppets" is even considered the best heavy metal solo ever, but hey nothing big... compared to who? I hope you can find me a good comparable solo (that isn't a legend itself).

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#314 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

02-16-2009, 12:47 PM

It wasn't MTV who gave them the award, it was us, their fans. Their fans won them the award.

And it was (and I daresay still is) one of the happiest days of our lives, that day.

Knowing we pulled through for them.

(and yes, that is pride you hear in my words)

hide... always in my heart. I love you.... my pink spider....
My one wish is 2 meet Kyo. seriously.
R.I.P. Jasmine....
(#315 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

02-16-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyavifan View Post
It wasn't MTV who gave them the award, it was us, their fans. Their fans won them the award.

And it was (and I daresay still is) one of the happiest days of our lives, that day.

Knowing we pulled through for them.

(and yes, that is pride you hear in my words)
You didn't get why I replied the MTV comparison. You can't compare Metallica and Tokio Hotel. Best Rock band? Rock has hundreds of subgenres, is MTV saying Tokio Hotel's genre (whatever it is, emo, pop punk) is better than metal?

I'd say compare them at what they have done for their genre, TH are just a new band, Metallica redefined their genre. Tokio hotel won because of fangirls voting for the main guy. I've encountered lots of 14 year old girls who say "I'm gonna marry Bill" and "eww James Hetfield is so old", nothing relevant to the music. The voting was 80% for the looks, not music.

Quote:
(#316 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

02-16-2009, 01:10 PM

I did get that. I was just putting something straight.

I do happen that Tokio Hotel can't be compared to Metallica. They have been around alot longer than TH. and the music isn't the same kind of music at all.

If I remember correctly it was for band of the year... There was nothing saying they play the same kind of music as Metallica.

(but of course I am very tired right now, so don't quote me)

R.I.P. Jasmine....
(#317 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

02-16-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
If I remember correctly it was for band of the year... There was nothing saying they play the same kind of music as Metallica.
It was 'Best Rock Band of the Year'. Rock has hundred of genres. Bands with same genre can be compared, but they're different... EOD! I still do think Metallica should win because they did more for their own genre, they brought back the awesomness of instrumental songs in the last album (due to heavy request of fans), while Tokio Hotel is just another successful band.

Instrumentally (skill wise), Metallica wins hands down. But nowadays the best commercialized bands win.

Quote:
(#318 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

02-16-2009, 01:25 PM

well, I did say don't quote me.

That's true about different genres of rock.

And maybe you're right. maybe you're not.

I only know TH won fair and square. and They're just starting out in the U.S. so the more awards they win, the more publicity etc they get.

Which will make it possible for them to gain more fans, and stay in the music business.

now, can we please if possible keep mention of other bands out of here for a while, if possible?

R.I.P. Jasmine....
(#319 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

02-16-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
well, I did say don't quote me.

That's true about different genres of rock.

And maybe you're right. maybe you're not.

I only know TH won fair and square. and They're just starting out in the U.S. so the more awards they win, the more publicity etc they get.

Which will make it possible for them to gain more fans, and stay in the music business.

now, can we please if possible keep mention of other bands out of here for a while, if possible?
You can reply later, it's not really a big problem, I'm not gonna wait until you're ready to quote you.

TH did not win fair and square. Publicity is what makes this band win, not music.

Quote:
(#320 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

02-16-2009, 01:39 PM

well, I disagree. that's all. Their music is very good, but of course not everyone will think that way.

R.I.P. Jasmine....