JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
07-07-2010, 11:49 AM

Wow. He has experience of playing in a band then, which has helped him in An Cafe. On live DVD's, he always seems quiet, like he's unsure of what to do.

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
Old
Anemone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-08-2010, 02:09 AM

He's pretty good though. For his age of course. He's just not experienced with people like them probably.

~OPEN MY WINGS~
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

07-08-2010, 10:37 AM

It maybe, also, doesn't help that the reason he's there is to 'replace' Bou. & as Bou had lots of fans, he maybe feels that that fans may not like him as much. Even though thats nonsense. takuya is still great

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
Old
Anemone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-09-2010, 02:59 AM

Yeah, I didn't even think of that actually. I heard Takuya's guitar skills first, so I never really compared them. I hear more differences in Miku's singing than in skill level between Bou and Takuya. Bou was the cute one, and that's all that mattered to a lot of people I suppose.

~OPEN MY WINGS~
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

07-09-2010, 11:57 AM

I think they have similar guitar skills, but Bou always danced about & joined in the fun, whereas takuya kind of just plays the guitar and heads into the spotlight when a solo comes up. I think Bou liked the attention more.

Have you seen Miku in Lc5? He looks totally different

Old
KungMartin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-09-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
They're not really pop... they're Oshare Kei...but...it doesn't really matter ^_^

I've listened to them about the same time as you. Currently tied [with Dir en grey] for third favourite.
isn't oshare kei just visual style?=S

I think an cafe is a mix of jpop and jrock, but they prob consider themselves as rock band..

pz ! <3
Old
Anemone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-09-2010, 08:53 PM

Oshare Kei is a subgenra of Visual kei as I understand it.
I've never thought of them as pop at all.

I love Miku's Lc5 look. I think it's good

~OPEN MY WINGS~
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

07-11-2010, 09:35 AM

I wouldn't say Visual/Oshare Kei is a music genre, but the fashion bands wear helps define them in that genre. I think the 'Kei' titles are getting placed a lot more as a music genre, due to the fact, by hearing it, you can usually tell the style of the music. E.g. An Cafe is Oshare Kei, so you think of colourful clothes, and a happy pop-rock kind of tune. the GazettE is Visual Kei makes you think of dark clothes and hard riffs, with dark lyrics too. Sometimes it helps when a band has 2 genres, E.g. Visual Kei/ Hard Rock. It gives people a better idea.

I like it too. Its funny that he suits so many styles. This ones kind of like Dark Miku. lol

Old
Anemone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-11-2010, 08:55 PM

My sort of mindframe is that the 'Kei' titles are subgenra's of Jrock, but I'm probably wrong.

Yeah, not many people are as flexible as him...like Reita in oshare clothes just wouldn't be right.
I did really like An Cafe's style from Aroma (except for Yuuki, he just looked odd in that), so I like it when Miku looks darker.

~OPEN MY WINGS~
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

07-12-2010, 09:27 AM

I think your right in some respects. The 'Kei' scene started with fashion, and sort of got 'tagged' on to music.

I agree. I think Oshare Kei stars can usually pull off a darker style, whereas Visual Kei stars can't pull off an Oshare Kei look, due to people being use to the darker look, although I'm sure a few can manage it. Miku would suit any style, even J-Pop or a hip-hop style if he wanted (but I hope he doesn't. lol)