12-30-2008, 07:41 PM

i like jrock waay better.

sorry but i just cant stand western rock =\
(#122 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

12-31-2008, 02:37 AM

There are some great groups here in U.S. and i like very few J Bands .But mainly prefer metal from different countries over jrock or here.
(#123 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-31-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouichisan View Post
Western Rock is good, but a bit hardcore... I can't describe it but J-ROCK sounds a bit better (more pleasing to the ears).
I think you're talking about hard rock? Or metal? Because alternative rock is quite pleasing.

Is it just me or J-Rockers care a bit too much of their looks? Compared to Western Rockers.
(#124 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-31-2008, 12:05 PM

Old J-rock looks and sounds amazing. Hard to say for most new J-rock though.

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子
(#125 (permalink))
Old
SaChiKo09 (Offline)
New to JF

01-02-2009, 07:03 AM

i feel like western rock is dyin a bit not in popularity but the message (like ppl give a crap about msg, right?) but i like old western rock..
but i do love the jrockers and their songs and style
i wont say anything about the message on that one i cant understand what they sing lol
(#126 (permalink))
Old
Barone1551 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-02-2009, 07:24 AM

I dont really think this is the most fair place to ask this questions because obviously the answer is going to be mostly for jrock. But most of these people are really being honest with themselves, they are most likely just following blingly becasuse they worship all that is Japanese. Dont get me wrong i love tons about japan and even love the music. so im not saying jrock is horrible, or that in fact many people hate western rock and like jrock more. Im just saying that here, in this forum anything and everything Japanese is worshiped. And i will say that i cant really stand most of the visual kei stuff, some is pretty good but most only marginally ok. Gazette is good. not a huge Gackt fan either.

The King wore a crown. Now he is the king of kings.
(#127 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
01-03-2009, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barone1551 View Post
I dont really think this is the most fair place to ask this questions because obviously the answer is going to be mostly for jrock. But most of these people are really being honest with themselves, they are most likely just following blingly becasuse they worship all that is Japanese. Dont get me wrong i love tons about japan and even love the music. so im not saying jrock is horrible, or that in fact many people hate western rock and like jrock more. Im just saying that here, in this forum anything and everything Japanese is worshiped. And i will say that i cant really stand most of the visual kei stuff, some is pretty good but most only marginally ok. Gazette is good. not a huge Gackt fan either.
It's clearly stated this poll is for JapanForum and JF members and about THEIR opinion. When you make a survey and see the results you always check the enviroment the survey was taken at.

I was surprised Rock was winning at the start, my eyeballs were coming out like 'wtf, they like japan and not japanese music"... but later I found out the forum is how it should be.

Rock still has a big percentage here and it tells that JF members aren't totally obsessed only with Japan music but with something else... that tells how people here aren't actually with Japan Fever, they only like Japan because they found something interesting about it.
(#128 (permalink))
Old
Cafekko102 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to Cafekko102
10-14-2009, 05:31 PM

J-ROCK!
Though, I do love Western rock.

AnCafé will rule the world!!!!
(#129 (permalink))
Old
junaid109 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to junaid109
10-14-2009, 08:44 PM

I like J Rock better but i listen to some western rock
(#130 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
10-14-2009, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barone1551 View Post
very well put sir.