JRock 111 60.66%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#81 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-26-2008, 01:26 AM

JRock is too weird for me.But it haves quality.I prefer western rock tough it haves much more variety than JRock.
(#82 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
12-26-2008, 05:43 AM

Well I grew up with WRock and I just recently as of the beginning of this yr got in to Jrock, So if a gun was put to my head I have to pick Wrock, but I luv both.

And they do actually have different sounds I mean if you Pick a Dir En Grey song and Compare it to a Deftones song, Or pick a GazettE song and compare to a Interpol song I mean the differences is astounding really But I like both sounds its amazing, It really is

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#83 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

12-26-2008, 06:07 AM

Come on any one knows Wrock would win now theres more western bands and foreign bands would yank the spines out of jrock. But i like very select groups from jrock

Last edited by Sutiiven : 12-26-2008 at 06:19 AM.
(#84 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-26-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
The point of the poll is to show what JF members like. Shouldn't really be taken outside this forum as an example. If it's a worldwide poll, Rock would win hands down... it has legends which can never be beaten. JRock wins here because it's a forum about people addicted to Japan.

If it was the other way I wonder if JRock would get any vote (considering Rock got a good amount here).

But I think that the newcoming bands are not very different in terms of talent on both genres, the old ones make the difference, the huge one I mean.
Agreed with that, this is a JapanForum so what do you expect? In the real world, Western Rock would own JROCK.

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"
(#85 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

12-26-2008, 08:51 AM

I must say superheel and iphantom i complete agree with you two
(#86 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-26-2008, 11:07 AM

Now, after thinking about it more, comparing W-rock and J-rock is stupid. The genres are so different on a deeper level than just aesthetics. It's like comparing rap and country. Forget about different languages, forget about the make-up, the costumes, the look. Listen and feel the music carefully. Analyze the sounds. Sounds like rap and country to me, now. XD That's my changed personal feeling on the matter.

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子
(#87 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

12-26-2008, 11:11 AM

Hold on don't dog on the old country legends and rap is crap and should not be with in any sentence that has rap. But we all seriously need to go to a concert and mosh tell we have to crawl out
(#88 (permalink))
Old
loversandhaters (Offline)
Fight the tears in misery

12-26-2008, 11:18 AM

I find it so hard to even compare those genres. I agree with Arikado that it's just too different.
I couldn't imagine missing bands like The White Stripes and Placebo, but when I don't hear any J-rock I would freak out as well. I just need the music, but I don't prefer a genre. Though I prefer Miyavi over Green Day, I can't say I love Myv more that Jack White.
My heart's just too big to cut out one of the genres. xD
(#89 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-26-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutiiven View Post
Hold on don't dog on the old country legends and rap is crap and should not be with in any sentence that has rap. But we all seriously need to go to a concert and mosh tell we have to crawl out
Don't worry Sutiiven, I was just using two random genres as an example, and those two happen to pop into my head first. Rap is crap, so don't get me wrong.

About moshing...I guess so, as long as I'm guaranteed to keep my life XD

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子
(#90 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-26-2008, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loversandhaters View Post
Though I prefer Miyavi over Green Day
DIE, that cannot be compared, I bet you only listened to GD last album, like most teens did, but they have 7 albums, yeah 7 and the 6 first are a lot better than the last, they are a 20 year old band with many songs with lyrics Miyavi can never make... look at fans of Miyavi, a lot of them like him because of the looks, wtf is that a way to judge a singer?