LinkBack Thread Tools
(#131 (permalink))
Old
JoshAussie (Offline)
わかりません

06-16-2008, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul11 View Post
Yeah, I think most of us have agreed to that. And of course it's the person, not the art. Mostly, were argueing Tenchus foolish ideas ..and other proclivities he's thrown out there. Some of us just aren't even answering him.

Really, a really tough SOB wlth no training can waste a martial arts guy if he's not squared away.

Correct, i agree with Paul11 we seem to be on the same page here
(#132 (permalink))
Old
JoshAussie (Offline)
わかりません

06-16-2008, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
They dont do any Muay Thai in it. If they tried to copy it, everything I have seen was copied wrong. I am guessing it is the same with Karate. The kicks they were doing looked more like the shit moves they used on WWF but a bit faster. Just stupid stuff.

Trained to not let me do that... Are you serious? Honestly, do you know ANYTHING about MA? EVERY style trains you to not let others hit you, retard. When someone tries to stop you hitting them you set them up, a simple example is striking low with one hand to lower their gaurds then quickly striking high with the other, or ending every punching combo with a low kick. Are you aware that people will try and dismantle your technique? If you are assumeing KM can not be dismantled your just an idiot.

If you think I can not kick someone when they are down, scratch out their eye, or knee them in the balls, you are very mistaken. You dont even need to be taught this, this is like so simple to do...

Give me proof. That is bullshit. I was an Infantry soldier and trained 9 months training, non stop, full time. The idea you can put something as almost completely irrelevant as this into a training programme is stupid. Do you know what the chances of fighting hand to hand in war actually is? Put it this way, it is so unlikely that most armies, including Australia, do not even include an unarmed combat course. Not to mention, a gun is a soldiers greatest skill, yet you are lucky if you spend more than a few hours at a range each week shooting, there is almost no time. Dont talk bullshit, kid.

Every style is designed for that...

LOL, you do know I just finished in the Army after I got kicked out, that is the INFANTRY, not a fucking cooking corp or something, and am now training FULL TIME, that is like, 6 - 10 hours a day, at a Muay Thai camp in Phuket, Thailand. I have not fought pro yet, but will in about 2 months, I have fought 5 times ametuer, won every time.

Here is my gym: Muay Thai and MMA Training Camp and Fitness Center @ Phuket, Thailand - Muay Thai-Boxing, BJJ, Submission grappling, Mixed Martial Arts Instruction, and Yoga

And here is my sexy ass showing off my training reward: http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...igher/Pic4.jpg

Calling me some Muay Thai wannabe, so what if I am, I guess what would that say about yourself?

When I was 13, which is how old I think you probably are, I thought Wing Chun was all the shit and an invincible style because of the real world training behind it and its theory and philosophy and so on. As I progressed I started to get that opinion humbled greatly... I can only imagine with your bold attitude one day a Muay Thai fighter will humble your opinion greatly...

The most important things in learning to fight is learning to fight from a fighter, not a wannabe. How many times has KM actually been tested in combat BEYOND disarming a gun and stabbing a knife? It is not hard to disarm some snivelling coward and then poke him in the eye. I doubt many KM teachers have used the style more than once, or used more than one move from the style in actual combat. I know my teachers have all been in over 100 fights and one the most of them by breaking through a well trained gaurd and knocking the opponent unconcious. Who do you think will be learning the better style? Honestly?

LOL Tenchu your the only 1 disagreeing with everyone iv had enough of argueing with you

and as for the picture it looks like you have a hint of down syndrome..

EDIT: i thought id just add this in but not just for me..

everyone in Isreal has to join the military for 2 years... there country is under attack almost all the time... this isnt WWII you dickhead its not a free for all beach run, you must have been a really shitty soldier - these people fight in confined spaces all the time// if there wasnt such a need for hand to hand combat they probably would just use another style.. but they need KM for survival

Last edited by JoshAussie : 06-16-2008 at 07:01 AM.
(#133 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

06-16-2008, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
look.. id agree to most of that but not all of it.. but thats ok.. as for "Oh and well, if you bash Muay thai... Seriously go watch some real title matches from Thailand, and then say you could stand off to one of those guys in any setting." its not about me its about 2 people being sufficient and who would come out on top - and i wasnt the 1 knocking anyones MA till people started Knocking KM - i learn it so id like to stand up for what i study

Krav Maga meaning "Contact Fighting" doesnt revolve around weaponry but you are trained to use one if you have 1 or can atleast get ur hands on something that can be used as a weapon.. but as for being handicapped i disagree

But do kung-fu teachers revise the system constantly? Do they say "hey, this kick would not work in e.g. a bar, lets redesign it"? If they do, I've never heard of it. - KM is designed for places like bars.. so if we happen to get into a fight i dont see how we would be handicapped if its something that we are trained for and not the other person... thats the whole points of KM they are going top be handicapped not us.. its not designed to be used in a ring.. so to say it would suck in a ring is just dumb....
Well dude, I think you misunderstood me a bit.

First, about "real" MT people being f*cking dangerous. Yeah, they are. And I wasn't talking about myself or you either, but instead of people who just haven't trained as hard as they have. Because well, in most countries, martial arts will not be taught as rigid and frankly "hardcore" as they train over there. Usually people just don't have that ambition when training any MA locally. There are exceptions ofc.

What I meant about a soldier being handicapped is that a soldier will be at his most dangerous when having his weapons. Without them he has a handicap. That is not to say he couldn't still kill you, just that it's harder.

I will very much agree that in a bar setting, a general KM regular would be better prepared than a regular Kung-fu practitioner. Most martial arts (like karate, taekwondo, kung-fu etc) don't train THAT much at understanding and being prepared for street fights. KM does. So yeah.

In the ring however, I can't agree with you. In the ring, there are rules, a limited area, no other elements (like the opponents friend behind you). And KM guys from what I know don't train for ring fights (why should they?), while most other martial arts does.

Also I can't really help but laugh at styles sometimes that touts these "gun disarm" techniques. Sure, if he really wants to kill you it might be smart to try something. But otherwise, seriously, give up your money, stuff, whatever.

Oh and tenchu, I actually got the impression earlier that you were sort of pro-Kungfu and stuff. Muay Thai as I've said before is anything but posing, especially in Thailand. One big thing MT guys have also is that they can take a big fucking beating, and still fight. Which would make them very hard to take in any setting, like I said. When I see a good MT fighter, everything is so simple. Simple kicks, simple punches. But HARD. Every single punch and kick is HARD. And this is a big difference when compared to other "punch and kick" styles.

Also Tenchu every style is not designed to take down street fighters in <10 secs.

なんでやねん!

Last edited by Henbaka : 06-16-2008 at 07:10 AM.
(#134 (permalink))
Old
JoshAussie (Offline)
わかりません

06-16-2008, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Disagreeing? LOL, you just know you lost and got nothing left.

And no one has said that before, most people say i look like a scary fukka when I show them pics of me... insults does not earn you respect...
No...

"were argueing Tenchus foolish ideas ..and other proclivities he's thrown out there. Some of us just aren't even answering him." - Paul11

your a loser Tenchu.. just because iv decided not to Bait you anymore doesnt mean i lose it means your a dickhead and theres no point talking to you - your getting flamed here and flamed in another thread your just a wanker nobody likes.. not to mention a paedophile

and no you dont look like a "scary fukka " you look like a downer.. its not an insult thats the first thing that came to my mind when i opened the picture of you and i believe i said a "hint" of down sundrome
(#135 (permalink))
Old
JoshAussie (Offline)
わかりません

06-16-2008, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henbaka View Post
Well dude, I think you misunderstood me a bit.

First, about "real" MT people being f*cking dangerous. Yeah, they are. And I wasn't talking about myself or you either, but instead of people who just haven't trained as hard as they have. Because well, in most countries, martial arts will not be taught as rigid and frankly "hardcore" as they train over there. Usually people just don't have that ambition when training any MA locally. There are exceptions ofc.

What I meant about a soldier being handicapped is that a soldier will be at his most dangerous when having his weapons. Without them he has a handicap. That is not to say he couldn't still kill you, just that it's harder.

I will very much agree that in a bar setting, a general KM regular would be better prepared than a regular Kung-fu practitioner. Most martial arts (like karate, taekwondo, kung-fu etc) don't train THAT much at understanding and being prepared for street fights. KM does. So yeah.

In the ring however, I can't agree with you. In the ring, there are rules, a limited area, no other elements (like the opponents friend behind you). And KM guys from what I know don't train for ring fights (why should they?), while most other martial arts does.
Oh and tenchu, I actually got the impression earlier that you were sort of pro-Kungfu and stuff. Muay Thai as I've said before is anything but posing, especially in Thailand. One big thing MT guys have also is that they can take a big fucking beating, and still fight. Which would make them very hard to take in any setting, like I said. When I see a good MT fighter, everything is so simple. Simple kicks, simple punches. But HARD. Every single punch and kick is HARD. And this is a big difference when compared to other "punch and kick" styles.
yeh i did misunderstand the Handicap thing but as youv explained it i agree with you - and i agree with you about the ring subject too.. KM is not a ring sport.. its not a sport at all its a self defence technique

EDIT: just so you know i dont think i said anything about KM in a ring since my first post iv acknowledged KM as not being a sport MA

"KM prepares you for REAL types of conflicts - so i dont know how you can say that youd just knee im in the chest, strike him in the jaw.. there trained to not let you do that.. and they dont just train on the assumption that theres only going to be 1 opponent, you train by following ring rules and hoping that your opponent isnt going to hurt you - people that do KM train by thinking that you opponent is going to kill you, thats why you learn things like eye gouges, knees to groins and kicks to the face while your opponent is down.. because there is no rules"

sorry i did but by "you" i meant Tenchu as he does MT

Last edited by JoshAussie : 06-16-2008 at 07:13 AM.
(#136 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-16-2008, 07:26 AM

Aussie, yeah we finally agree on something. And the pic is much better by the way.

Anyway, I agree with your last couple of posts, but that down-syndrome mark was pretty harsh, dude.
(#137 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-16-2008, 07:36 AM

The best style in my opinion is either TaeKwonDo or Wushu. Maybe not the most effective arts but definitely the best looking and the coolest!

I'm not a fan of fighting but I do Muay Thai also.... It's killer cardio and hitting pads is fun... but that's about it.
(#138 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-16-2008, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
The best style in my opinion is either TaeKwonDo or Wushu. Maybe not the most effective arts but definitely the best looking and the coolest!

I'm not a fan of fighting but I do Muay Thai also.... It's killer cardio and hitting pads is fun... but that's about it.
Hey, nice monkey wrench!
(#139 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

06-16-2008, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul11 View Post
Hey, nice monkey wrench!
Lol... I just do 'em for fun and to keep fit. I suppose I enjoy the history and tradition aswell. I'm not awesome or a master or anything.
(#140 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

06-16-2008, 08:04 AM

Quote:
... I have started stretching as a result of our former debate, so you know.

I have always thought TKD has the best kicking. Aside one kick, which is better done the Muay Thai way, that is the basic round house kick. TKD uses a flick to much and there is no power. But I am watching vids like this on YouTube:

You can not learn a style from watching a vid, but an experienced martial artist CAN learn a single kick. So I learn TKD kicks and use them in my Muay Thai training. It is a good combo, most MT guys dont know what the fuck is coming when sparring.
Cool! Didn't watch the whole video but yeah. The back kick is quite a good kick when sparring Muay Thai.

Check out how this guy uses it. It's Serkan Yilmaz. A Taekwondo fighter that fights K-1. My favourite fighter in the K-1 is Buakaw... but this guy definitely has style... and that counts for a lot in my book

YouTube - Serkan Yilmaz Taekwondo K1 Fighter