JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: IS A CLEVERLY IDEA TO BASKETBALL COACHING IN JAPAN?
YES 10 17.24%
NO 10 17.24%
MAYBE 38 65.52%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

02-25-2008, 11:31 AM

well it is your topic, i have answered questions about basketball... what else do you want from the topic?
(#32 (permalink))
Old
zali515 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to zali515
Exclamation 02-25-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrakushi View Post
well it is your topic, i have answered questions about basketball... what else do you want from the topic?
I have heard that most of guys in japan only play basketball until high school after that they leave to be interested in basketball and change their way to another sport baseball, football or something...

1-) Do you agree that opinion?
2-) Do you think there are already a lot of basketball schools and coaches in Japan, and in there no need coach anymore...
3-) I've learned from a japanese friend. Slam dunk that is called anime series attracted attention to basketball, it had bring a huge success however it had not been enough to protect to rising... what do you think about that?

Life goes on, Come of age, Can't hold on, Turn The Page... TIME ROLLS ON...
(#33 (permalink))
Old
typesblur (Offline)
Designated Distraction

02-25-2008, 07:55 PM

ok quick question. who knows the japanese players in america. besides ichiro.

the heart and soul of my life
(#34 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

02-25-2008, 10:29 PM

1. well my experience of seeing basketball played was at university level, so i would disagree. however after university they begin their working careers and of course other priorities come into life other than playing organised sport. This is something that happens all over the world, not just Japan. Once you start your career you tend to spend less time playing sport.

2. I wouldn't say there is a lot, but there is probably not demand for more. There are plenty of Japanese boys who are mad about basketball that they could fill these positions and they are already fluent in Japanese obviously. also Japanese companies would rather hire a Japanese citizen than a foreigner unless that foreigner could offer something special. I just don't know if you can unless you reach high levels of coaching in your own country.

3. slam dunk did create a fair bit of interest in China as well, but anime like this can only keep people interested in something for so long. it was a fad. the people that really enjoyed the sport would have kept playing, the others would have gone on to do something else they enjoyed.

i found another league in Japan that has an east and west conference style set up like the NBA. http://www.bj-league.com/bj/Top.do/|
so i would say with 2 leagues, many people playing in high school and university that Japan has enough interest in basketball. there is not going to be a lot you can offer this country in the sport unless you can achieve some high level of coaching in your own country to prove your worth and learn Japanese fluently. good luck you have many years of work ahead of you.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Katchan6 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-26-2008, 06:03 AM

Basketball's pretty popular in Okinawa...

「えっ、知らないの? ずくだんずんぶんぐんゲーム。」
(#36 (permalink))
Old
capecoasthoops (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to capecoasthoops
02-26-2008, 10:48 PM

there are ballers everywhere. Please show some love to ballers from Africa by visiting our site by cliking here
(#37 (permalink))
Old
MiuMaruChan (Offline)
New to JF

02-28-2008, 12:35 AM

Maybe.
But I like to watch The Hanshin Tigers instead of basketball <3 D=
Baseball FOREVER!

<<New account: MiuMaru>>
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-28-2008, 12:54 AM

Baseball is the most boring game ever to me.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
zali515 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to zali515
02-28-2008, 09:19 AM

yes i agree to Acidreptile. baseball is one of the most boring games...it has no action...but basketball is really an aggressive and smartly game.. but i dont judge you sure.. it just my opinion...

Life goes on, Come of age, Can't hold on, Turn The Page... TIME ROLLS ON...
(#40 (permalink))
Old
lazysinner (Offline)
New to JF

Smile 03-25-2008, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zali515 View Post
I have never been in japan before. But i think that basketball is rising more and more in Japan. I love basketball and i want to learn the future of basketball there. Because i would like to study about basketball coaching. Especially, i'd like to study in japan and teach basketball there.what do you think about future of basketball in japan? are there a lot of demand to basketball? can you explain me the basketball culture in japan?
well they play differently here.. i have played with a foreigner team and now play for a Japanese team but is just different.. they are so good in practice but when it comes to a match.. but the other teams are pretty good.. it's in amature level though. now the JBL japan basketball league is growing and a lot of coaches and players along are coming to japan . but still the money is very low..and still baseball and football is the main sports. but definitely there is a future for basketball here.

毎日酒とラーメン!!