JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#251 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
12-24-2007, 09:41 PM

Started in Tae Kwon Do (2 years in, 2 years out now). Love it. Probably my favourite (having long legs does make kicking more fun ^_^; ).

I've also had heavy exposure to Kenpo, Jiujitsu, Boxing (kick also), and Escrima. I love Escrima. Had some light exposure to Iado and Kendo.

For me, the two best arts I've looked at have been Kenpo and Escrima. The reason is that those two place a lot of emphasis (at least from the teachers I've had) on theory. We used no kattas at all--rather, we were taught why we do what we do, rather than just doing it. Also, I'd say that Kenpo and Escrima have the most simplified outlooks on move/countermove of any art I've looked at or actually studied.

But I still love Tae Kwon Do ^_^ .
(#252 (permalink))
Old
taijitsu (Offline)
New to JF

My martial arts - 12-28-2007, 09:55 PM

I do what samurai does.
Taijutsu and iaido.
Hand combat and Sword.
(#253 (permalink))
Old
Vitalka (Offline)
New to JF

12-30-2007, 11:04 PM

wrestling,almost 9years.
(#254 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
12-30-2007, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taijitsu View Post
I do what samurai does.
Taijutsu and iaido.
Hand combat and Sword.
Careful of Iaido--it's about drawing the sword. Well, and resheathing it . Since it's all kata, you don't really learn how to actually use it. A good mixture of Iaido and Kendo with a bit of Escrima and even some European fencing should make you a damn good swordsman :3 .

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.
(#255 (permalink))
Old
Vitalka (Offline)
New to JF

12-30-2007, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadea View Post
i don't know if it count but

Boxing.
Karate
Taijutsu(still training)
Kendo(still Training) and kickboxing
ain't that too much for such a young girl ? By the way,how do you manage to do all that ? Kendo,kickboxing,Taijutsu.. Are you doing it 4fun or serious? I could say that I've been going for kickboxing,boxing too.But that is not for me.So I only prefer wrestling.And I never say to others that I was going for boxing,kickboxing because I havent learnt much.That would be all big talks.A man/woman have to be proud of what he has reached in that sport but not of what he is doing.Some people just messing around in sport clubs and they call it training,pretend being Gods.As for me,I am the 3rd in Baltic countries in 60kg weight.I am damn proud of it.
(#256 (permalink))
Old
chrisnada (Offline)
New to JF

01-10-2008, 02:20 AM

I've been doing TKD since 1998.
(#257 (permalink))
Old
LiaEsNyappy (Offline)
Crush its legs!!

01-10-2008, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnada View Post
I've been doing TKD since 1998.
Oo! Oo! I do TKD too! I just got my blackbelt last saturday! WOO!

Not sure where I am or where I am going...
(#258 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

01-10-2008, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsume View Post
Cool Hyakushi, But I bet you could hand my butt to me any day of the week. You have a really impressive background.
Hahahaha No you would too if you were in my position, I'm just an old man thats all

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
(#259 (permalink))
Old
CrazyLee (Offline)
4th Kyu Aikidoka

Send a message via MSN to CrazyLee Send a message via Skype™ to CrazyLee
01-11-2008, 10:24 AM

I do Aikido at the moment, followed by maybe a few others at a later date. Hang on, I thought there was already a topic about this sort of thing...

(#260 (permalink))
Old
davyp26uk (Offline)
New to JF

01-11-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excessum View Post
Well, Excessum guesses that martial arts are the most widespread thing that came from Asian countries (partly, of-course, Japan). So he can bet gazillion yens on that, that he is not the only one who has some martial arts training background (or even foreground ). So now here is Your chance to brag about it

Foreword:
Right... Excessum is very enthusiastic and takes every opportunity to try something new, but, unfortunately, he gets bored very fast and quits it...

So he has been in-to Aikido for around a year, but was kicked out because he started to hit on his very very strict Sensei's beloved daughter. Then he moved on to something more aggressive... Take van do (sorry for the spelling in case it is not correct) and karate (after a unpleasant accident he got himslef in-to while sparring he had to hold back from martial arts for almost a year) and finally after a while he tried fighting "without rules" or "street fighting" out of which he was banned for using aikido weak-spot techniques and gave up on martial arts for a year... now he is looking forward to return on training and wants to try K-1... Wish him good luck as he will need it

'K guys, what about you?
I did Karate for around 12 years but I'm too old and fat now.