JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#971 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
06-03-2008, 05:37 PM

I pre-ordered it, skipped school to get it.
Got collector's Edition Game and guidebook (the Basch one)
Recently replayed the game and killed it, everyone's maxed out.
beat Yiazmat, Omega, got all Espers (Zodiarc is a bitch to get to, all the little ghost things that steal your MP)
Got one of every weapon, including Tournesol, Yagyu Darkblade (took forever to get, little bomb wouldn't drop it).

Went page by page through the guide book. Took my 196 hours to do it, it's my "Ultimate Save"

need any help, between me and animelover I'm sure there's noting we can't help you with...

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.
(#972 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-03-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberiFatali View Post
Is it because of the license system?
Well, at first I was really drawn in by the look of the Final Fantasy series, particularly XII. But when I played it I realised it actually really wasn't the type of game I liked, and I also really didn't like the battle system which was really off-putting. And at the start the storyline was a little bland too.
(#973 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

06-03-2008, 05:53 PM

FF is not to a few peoples tastes. Turn based RPG stuff takes some getting used to. I love it though and am a great FF fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by animelover32 View Post
In Rabenastere, you should've been introduced to the hunt club, when you went after the Rouge Tomato. Wherever you go look for information about hunts, find the person who put it up and you can go after it, most of the time. There are a few hunts you have to wait till you get certian things or get to certain places. There's also another hunt club in the Phon Coast, which is the rare hunt club. With that one you have to hunt down rare marks, and some only come out during certian points, like you have to kill all the other enemies in the area for example. There is a hunt like that and it's for the Behomoth King, which comes in later. Some hunts you won't be able to particapate in till you beat the main storyline or finsh other hunts, like Yiazmat. If you want a list of the hunts, gamefaq should have them, and I can always find my guide and post them up if you'd like.

Hunts are probaly the easiest way to earn gil, since enemies don't drop it much anymore. And sometimes if you go back to MontBlonc in Rabanstere and he finds out you killed a certian mark (even if you didn't have to) you'll get paid. Like the pack of Flans in the sewers, Firemane, and King Bomb are just a few examples.

Another way to make gil is sell items you don't use that enimes drop, or when you equip a new weapon, sell your old ones. The only time you don't want to sell certian weapons is when you get them from hunts as prizes, since they're hard to find (they're in chests which are close to impossible to find) and you don't want to sell the Zodiac Spear, which is the strongest weapon in the game.
Yep that's pretty much what i've done with the Skeletons. They drop bone fragments and so far are the best thing I can get Gil from.
I wish it was like FF8 though where your Gil was replenished according to your rank. When you were Rank A, money was no issue

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 06-03-2008 at 05:55 PM.
(#974 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-03-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
FF is not to a few peoples tastes. Turn based RPG stuff takes some getting used to. I love it though and am a great FF fanatic
Yeah, I don't think it's a bad game at all. It's very popular and I love the way it looks, I really admire the work they put into the scenery and characters. My friend is a big fan of the games, the XII I played [and actually still have eep xD] was hers. The turn-based thing just threw me off, it wasn't what I was expecting and I never got used to it. I didn't dislike or hate the game, I liked it at most points, I just couldn't get properly into it.

Last edited by MissMisa : 06-04-2008 at 08:33 AM.
(#975 (permalink))
Old
animelover32 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to animelover32
06-03-2008, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XjapanFOREVER View Post
I pre-ordered it, skipped school to get it.
Got collector's Edition Game and guidebook (the Basch one)
Recently replayed the game and killed it, everyone's maxed out.
beat Yiazmat, Omega, got all Espers (Zodiarc is a bitch to get to, all the little ghost things that steal your MP)
Got one of every weapon, including Tournesol, Yagyu Darkblade (took forever to get, little bomb wouldn't drop it).

Went page by page through the guide book. Took my 196 hours to do it, it's my "Ultimate Save"

need any help, between me and animelover I'm sure there's noting we can't help you with...

Have you gone after Omega Mark yet? My friend and I both hate going threw the Great Crystal so neither of us have found him. If so what's the best stradey to kill him? The one in the guide or do you have your own?
(#976 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

06-04-2008, 12:18 AM

There's a great map of the Crystal on gamefaqs.com

I used Vaan, Ashe, and Fran. all lvl 99.

Vaan:
Zodiak Spear
Genji Helm
Circlet
Grand Armor
Cat-ear Hood

Between the two girls
They ALWAYS had Vaan in Haste, Berserk, Reverse, and Decoy.
5 minute battle..
SAVE before you fight him, the first time I fought him, he didn't drop OMEGA BADGE, therefore I couldn't get Tournesol... I WAS PISSED!!!

Never have your two back-up people attack, NEVER.

not that hard..

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.
(#977 (permalink))
Old
animelover32 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to animelover32
06-04-2008, 12:22 AM

Thanks! Quick question-Why shouldn't my two backups fight. And to keep them from fighting do I turn off their gambits all together or just turn off the attack gambit?
(#978 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

06-04-2008, 12:57 AM

turn off the attack gambit.
Cause they're just there for support..
and also incase you need to cast something quickly, if they're both about to attack you have to wait longer, it's unnecessary.

(#979 (permalink))
Old
Crazyman221 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Crazyman221
06-04-2008, 01:23 AM

I played that game! I got so far(it's a long ass game!) but then my little sister deleted my data on my memory card

Love stinks... but I won't give up!
(#980 (permalink))
Old
Catmint (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Catmint
06-04-2008, 01:27 AM

I own the Collector's Edition of FFXII, and I've found the game to be a disappointment in terms of FF. It seems to mostly be a Final Fantasy game only in its name. Admittedly, I haven't beaten the game yet, but I've rarely heard the famous "battle victory" music, and I don't like the real-time type of fighting because it's off the FF beaten path, so to speak. The characters are interesting, and the cut scene art is great, but I find the "okay, you ran through this dungeon-type place, now run through this other dungeon-type place" to be kind of exhausting, if I remember correctly.