JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#981 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
06-04-2008, 01:44 AM

Victory Fanfare is played only after you beat a boss.

Real-time fighting has almost always been the goal of FF.
FFVII was almost realtime. it wasn't you hit me, I hit you like FFX (Which I'm playing now.......again). FFX is all about strategy.

FFXII still retains this, that's why they put in the Gambit system to make up for the realtime battles...

I'll admit the political story is out of Square's league, they need to stick to the "The Planet is about to be detroyed... I have and idea: Let's save it" story line, but overall FFXII is a fantastic game by all means.

I read a long time ago, that the whole concept of FFXIII (13) was to see if they could put FFVII:AC type fighting into actual gameply.. That's going to be realtime.

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.
(#982 (permalink))
Old
Catmint (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Catmint
06-04-2008, 02:11 AM

I'll re-word the part I mentioned about the real-time fighting. :3 The battles weren't random. I guess you could say that it was literally "real-time" as in you see an enemy and you run over to it and start hitting it. The screen doesn't go all fuzzy and force you into a battle. I guess that has nothing to do with real-time battle at all, though, does it? XD Sorry about that. ^_^;;
(#983 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-04-2008, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post

Yep that's pretty much what i've done with the Skeletons. They drop bone fragments and so far are the best thing I can get Gil from.
I wish it was like FF8 though where your Gil was replenished according to your rank. When you were Rank A, money was no issue
Learn the technique "poach".

When an enemy is HP critical order all your characters to stop attacking and then use "poach"

You'll then kill the enemy and recieve some sort of EXPENSIVE item (not crappy magicite which only sells for about 100 gil but stuff like skins, feathers, fruits etc. which can sometimes go for thousands per item!)

The only downside to this is that you won't recieve EXP points when you do this but it makes saving money really easy to do.

TIP- As soon as you recieve the appropriate gambits you can programme your party to react automatically. It saves a lot of time as you don't have to keep going back to the menu.
(#984 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

06-04-2008, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Learn the technique "poach".

When an enemy is HP critical order all your characters to stop attacking and then use "poach"

You'll then kill the enemy and recieve some sort of EXPENSIVE item (not crappy magicite which only sells for about 100 gil but stuff like skins, feathers, fruits etc. which can sometimes go for thousands per item!)

The only downside to this is that you won't recieve EXP points when you do this but it makes saving money really easy to do.

TIP- As soon as you recieve the appropriate gambits you can programme your party to react automatically. It saves a lot of time as you don't have to keep going back to the menu.
True True Gambits are pretty cool like that. So far I have all the Gambits that the game has to offer me and some side quest ones. For now I don't really use them for anything else cept curing my party automatically.
However, for Poach, does that work on things like Skeletons too? From what i've seen, they drop bone fragments, dark stones and an iron helmet here or there. Is it possible they'd drop fruits as well?! That'd be pretty cool.
I have three Forgotten Grimoires too, so shouldn't that help as well as the Poach technik?
Also, any idea where I can get a constant supply of teleport stones from?

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#985 (permalink))
Old
animelover32 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to animelover32
06-04-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
True True Gambits are pretty cool like that. So far I have all the Gambits that the game has to offer me and some side quest ones. For now I don't really use them for anything else cept curing my party automatically.
However, for Poach, does that work on things like Skeletons too? From what i've seen, they drop bone fragments, dark stones and an iron helmet here or there. Is it possible they'd drop fruits as well?! That'd be pretty cool.
I have three Forgotten Grimoires too, so shouldn't that help as well as the Poach technik?
Also, any idea where I can get a constant supply of teleport stones from?
Keep doing hunts and when your hunt level is upped (I forget what level you have to be at) but in the Rabenastere Bazzar you'll be able to buy them.
(#986 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

06-04-2008, 09:33 PM

I made it to like level 60 something. I was loving the story but just kinda... stopped playing. Was weird too because Ir acked up two weeks in late charges then just returned the game and bought a fresh copy on the spot.

Now I'm like 40 hours in and can't remember how to play, or what to do or where I am or what's even happening. :[

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#987 (permalink))
Old
animelover32 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-04-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
I made it to like level 60 something. I was loving the story but just kinda... stopped playing. Was weird too because Ir acked up two weeks in late charges then just returned the game and bought a fresh copy on the spot.

Now I'm like 40 hours in and can't remember how to play, or what to do or where I am or what's even happening. :[
Damn, that sucks. If you still want to play the game (even though it might take a bit to get where you were) I would restart especilly if you don't rememeber much. And even though it seems like a lot 40 hours actually isn't that much. By the time you complete the game you'll have close to 100+ hours. Right now I have about 196 hours and I'm still trying to get secret weapons and secret bosses.
(#988 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

06-04-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animelover32 View Post
Damn, that sucks. If you still want to play the game (even though it might take a bit to get where you were) I would restart especilly if you don't rememeber much. And even though it seems like a lot 40 hours actually isn't that much. By the time you complete the game you'll have close to 100+ hours. Right now I have about 196 hours and I'm still trying to get secret weapons and secret bosses.
40 hours seems like a lot more when you do a full time work week. :/

Can't play games like I used too. Thankfull my PS3 upscales though so I may play it some day. Working on MGS3 right now. 4 in 8 days <3

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#989 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

06-04-2008, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animelover32 View Post
Keep doing hunts and when your hunt level is upped (I forget what level you have to be at) but in the Rabenastere Bazzar you'll be able to buy them.
Yea thanks man. I actually found out earlier that you can buy the Teleport stones from the Muthru Bazaar for 200 gil each.
I've been walking all this time cos I thought hunts were the only way you could obtain them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmint View Post
I'll re-word the part I mentioned about the real-time fighting. :3 The battles weren't random. I guess you could say that it was literally "real-time" as in you see an enemy and you run over to it and start hitting it. The screen doesn't go all fuzzy and force you into a battle. I guess that has nothing to do with real-time battle at all, though, does it? XD Sorry about that. ^_^;;
You can only have so many of the same type of battles throughout a host of games of the same name. I can't fault Square-Enix on the decision to make the battle system more like Kingdom Hearts. Puts more variety into a great series.
I do agree with you though because the battles make me remember earlier incarnations and I get quite nostalgic about em, wishing it was somewhat the same when you beat a boss with the music and everything. It just can't be helped the way they've made it though but they've done it well so I can't complain

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 06-04-2008 at 11:12 PM.
(#990 (permalink))
Old
animelover32 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-04-2008, 11:48 PM

[quote=ivi0nk3y;505814]Yea thanks man. I actually found out earlier that you can buy the Teleport stones from the Muthru Bazaar for 200 gil each.
I've been walking all this time cos I thought hunts were the only way you could obtain them

Walking does have it's advantages when our trying to level up. Just thought I'd point out also I'm a girl. But the 'man' thing is something you usually do. I'm fine with it.