(#121 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
01-23-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
It's obvious to me that you're going to play it no matter what I'd say, but don't get high hopes. About the scary parts... well I don't want to spoil everything, so I will only say that they used "the element of surprise" a lot to scare instead of gore and other horrors seen in previous parts.
Unlike other SH parts there where a lot of battles where you just couldn't run away from the enemy and was forced to fight and there is that on-screen button pressing taken from Resident Evil 4, which was annoying to me. Some elements were also taken from the movie like the changing from the normal world into the Otherworld.

Mm, so you played it an beat it?? and yeah, I will most likely get the game sometime soon and play it, and Element of surprise, they used that alot in Silent Hill 3(but of course, plenty of gore as well), did you think that was scary some elements of that game were not all though, guess I' am kinda still looking forward to Homecoming, seems like it still has an interesting story line but I watched some vids online and on tv, and like you said it really doesn't look scary at all.
Yeah, I like the fear you get when you have to fight a battle in Silent Hill, and you thought "damn, im gonna die" I never played Resident evil four, there's escape buttons for battle....sounds like final Fantasy hmmm. Oh and didn't they show the other world changing a few times in Silent hill four?

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#122 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

01-23-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimin View Post
Mm, so you played it an beat it??
Yes, I'm playing it right now, but I didn't beat it yet.

Quote:
and Element of surprise, they used that alot in Silent Hill 3(but of course, plenty of gore as well)
I don't remember any elements of surprise in Silent Hill 3.

Quote:
Guess I' am kinda still looking forward to Homecoming, seems like it still has an interesting story line but I watched some vids online and on tv, and like you said it really doesn't look scary at all.
If the story wasn't scary for me, it doesn't mean it will be scary for you. It's somewhat similar to Silent Hill 2.

Quote:
Yeah, I like the fear you get when you have to fight a battle in Silent Hill, and you thought "damn, im gonna die"
You'll be saying that often, because there's a different battle system in Homecoming. There are light and heavy strikes and now you'll be able to evade attacks.

Quote:
I never played Resident evil four, there's escape buttons for battle....sounds like final Fantasy hmmm
I didn't say there are escape buttons like in Final Fantasy, if you haven't played Resident Evil 4 then it'll be harder to explain. What I meant was, that when you'll be watching short scenes when playing the game that require some "work".
Example: There will be scene where you're gonna have to take a toy out of a hole in the wall, when you'll be reaching for it something will grab your hand and a button will show up on the right screen and you'll gonna have to push the same button on your controller very fast, otherwise your hand will be torn off.
The scene is similar to the one in Silent Hill 2 when James is in the apartment building in one of the rooms, trying to take a key from the hole in the wall.

Quote:
Oh and didn't they show the other world changing a few times in Silent hill four?
In Silent Hill 4, the otherworld changes only when you go through a hole in the wall, which is in the bathroom in the room in which you're trap. I'm guessing that you haven't played Silent Hill 4.
(#123 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

01-24-2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Yes, I'm playing it right now, but I didn't beat it yet.
I don't remember any elements of surprise in Silent Hill 3.
Oh I see then, playing now eh, I wanna play

Hmm well there kinda were to me, ^_^ what would you call a "element of surprise" like a quick example from silent hill 5 if you can.

Quote:
If the story wasn't scary for me, it doesn't mean it will be scary for you. It's somewhat similar to Silent Hill 2.
I really enjoyed the story line for Silent hill 2, so I guess I may enjoy this as well. Even though James aim in that game was terrible

Quote:
You'll be saying that often, because there's a different battle system in Homecoming. There are light and heavy strikes and now you'll be able to evade attacks.
Ahh thats good then I like to be scared of dying ahahahaha, games like that. I also saw that, you can see damage in real-time.

Quote:
I didn't say there are escape buttons like in Final Fantasy, if you haven't played Resident Evil 4 then it'll be harder to explain. What I meant was, that when you'll be watching short scenes when playing the game that require some "work".
Example: There will be scene where you're gonna have to take a toy out of a hole in the wall, when you'll be reaching for it something will grab your hand and a button will show up on the right screen and you'll gonna have to push the same button on your controller very fast, otherwise your hand will be torn off.
The scene is similar to the one in Silent Hill 2 when James is in the apartment building in one of the rooms, trying to take a key from the hole in the wall.
Mmm, I see your point then because I actually only played one Resident evil at a friends house and it sure wasnt four.

and Oh, wow. hmm...guess with new developers come new things. Sounds quite interesting though, now I kinda can't wait to play. Sounds more interesting now that you tell me things about it. thanx for explaining that there, i thought they made it as if you can escape a battle or something lol

Quote:
In Silent Hill 4, the otherworld changes only when you go through a hole in the wall, which is in the bathroom in the room in which you're trap. I'm guessing that you haven't played Silent Hill 4.
Yeah, I know thats kinda what I was talking about, I did play through it infact twice. Just havnt played for a while so maybe I am mixing things up.

I've actually played all games(well the ones that came out in US) except Origins and Homecoming, cant even find Origins anywhere damn, have you played that one??

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#124 (permalink))
Old
krisiichi (Offline)
JF n00b

Send a message via MSN to krisiichi
01-24-2009, 01:57 AM

k, so my list is pretty much all the familiar names, resi evil 1-4, specially nemesis in 3...ugh, i shudder thinking of him going....STAARRRSS. i played silent hill 4 a few times, that was freaky...eternal darkness..that game seriously messed with my head...the true ending is great as well, i highly reccomend getting it to anyone that has a gc and hasnt played it...i think the one thing that always made me freak out were the wall masters in Zelda, i think me and Misa had a discussion about this, saying you would just hear a whoosh and then a ginat hand would drop outta nowhere. i cried the first time that happened.

oh, and ive just thought of something that nobodies mentioned..
resi evil gaiden for game boy colour..
that was one of the creepiest games i ever played...

Dream 2 Defy!!!!
(#125 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-24-2009, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisiichi View Post

oh, and ive just thought of something that nobodies mentioned..
resi evil gaiden for game boy colour..
that was one of the creepiest games i ever played...
I played that game. I agree it was freeky, and damn hard.

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"
(#126 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

01-24-2009, 02:58 AM

*dog ears go up* Silent Hill discussions?!

I just got Homecoming. I'm not going to play it until I beat Persona 4 and RE4. I just don't have time now. T3T

Anyway, I'm really excited to play it. I love Silent Hill so much, but I never really liked SH4. I couldn't get into and thought it was harder. I couldn't figure out what to do in the subway. That's quite pathetic, as for I play on the puzzle levels of Hard/Expert on the other games and don't have to look up cheats. I'm smart like that.

I have another game to add... Zelda Windwaker. I was playing this game with my friends earlier this week-- one who's never played, and one who knows how to do everything. This game is horrifying in so many ways. I think it's weird and odd. I don't freak out in Zelda, but the little kid with snot running... DISTURBING IMAGES!!

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#127 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

01-26-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Hmm well there kinda were to me, ^_^ what would you call a "element of surprise" like a quick example from silent hill 5 if you can.

It's when some thing or a monster jumps out of a sudden from unexpected place. As for Homecoming, there's a time when you're walking in the street and a monster jumps out who was hiding behind the garbage cans.

Quote:
I also saw that, you can see damage in real-time.
Yes, but you won't notice it much because you'll be more focused in fighting the monsters

Quote:
Origins and Homecoming, cant even find Origins anywhere damn, have you played that one??
I played all the parts and I beat all of them (...except the Homecoming of course). Origins was the easiest if I do say so myself.
(#128 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

01-27-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
It's when some thing or a monster jumps out of a sudden from unexpected place. As for Homecoming, there's a time when you're walking in the street and a monster jumps out who was hiding behind the garbage cans.
Ooh well that happened alot in Silent Hill 2 when the Mannequins jumped out of the bushes, or those patient monsters came out from under cars or something.

Quote:
Yes, but you won't notice it much because you'll be more focused in fighting the monsters
Yeah, I'd probably be one of those people who will be looking for it but be into the battle and not pay attention, stomp till i cant stomp anymore

Quote:
I played all the parts and I beat all of them (...except the Homecoming of course). Origins was the easiest if I do say so myself.

All I need is Origins and Homecoming So Origins the easiest, haha, need to find that one, I have to call around today. But I really wanna play that one too, was it any bit scary??

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#129 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

01-27-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Ooh well that happened alot in Silent Hill 2 when the Mannequins jumped out of the bushes, or those patient monsters came out from under cars or something.
It's a little bit different in Homecoming, but you got the point.

Quote:
All I need is Origins and Homecoming So Origins the easiest, haha, need to find that one, I have to call around today. But I really wanna play that one too, was it any bit scary??
I didn't bother waiting. I just downloaded Homecoming for PC.
(#130 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

01-27-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
It's a little bit different in Homecoming, but you got the point.
Yup Pretty much, lol

Quote:
I didn't bother waiting. I just downloaded Homecoming for PC.
OOOh, that would take forever on this pc Id have to wait to get my new one, if I did that, but that shall be soon so

Rest in peace Kyle <3