(#51 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-23-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
There is a game called Eternal Darkness on the Gamecube. Brilliant game that got rave reviews but slipped under the radar of most gamers.

The gameplay is a bit dated now but the story is freaky.

However the part of the game which freaks me out is the unique way in which the game makes you insane. You have a sanity meter which when almost empty, things start happening to your gameplay experience. At first it will be something simply like a fly walking across the TV. It looks real and the first time I experienced it I swatted at the fly but it wouldn't fly away. It took me a while to realise that I was imagining things. Other effects include when going to save your game... the game will act as if it deleted it instead and will return you to the title screen momentarily. I was almost crying considering the progress I made when I first experienced this but soon enough was returned to the game.
Wow, quite an "interactive" game. It might just piss me off though, hahaha. "NOOOOO MY SAVE! ARGHH- gah- huh? Oh...well what the sh*t was that for!" Gahahaha.

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子
(#52 (permalink))
Old
FreddyLea (Offline)
JF Regular

12-23-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikado View Post
Anticipation of things jumping out at you is just a natural reaction for everybody, unless you have awfully slow reflexes XD
I have decent reflexes ... but i am accustomed to games from the early 80's .. that were just action with little suprize ... still getting used to that today.. hah

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilesandsamurai View Post
Could it be one of the Dino Crisis series?

YouTube - Dino Crisis 2 trailer

yeah that may be it ...
(#53 (permalink))
Old
DeathnoteCrazy102 (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to DeathnoteCrazy102
12-23-2008, 03:08 PM

no games scare me at all.... its wierd cause ishould of been scaed when i played resident eveil when i was about 6 but man it didnt scare me at all...
(#54 (permalink))
Old
RazerKill (Offline)
-=New Roots=-

12-23-2008, 03:09 PM

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

i havent played S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky

But the stalker game kinda looked real with the Chernobyl and stuff

proud member of the ramen club XD

http://new-roots.com
(#55 (permalink))
Old
animelover32 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to animelover32
12-23-2008, 03:54 PM

Resident Evil and Fatal Frame. Those games are scary sometimes, I still love them though. I play RE4 all the time, lol.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-23-2008, 03:57 PM

Someone remember this game..Clock Tower?

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#57 (permalink))
Old
Altaru (Offline)
I want my Insanity back!

12-23-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarleyGee View Post
I guess it scarred me since I accidently kept
poisoning all my creatures with bad mushrooms haha.

I wouldn't mind playing it again though... I never
really got the point of the game, and could never
reach all the eggs..
I think... We're thinking of two different games, unfortunately.

There's an old horror game by the name of Creatures, though I think it had a subtitle or something...

That's what I was speaking of. It was intense. There were rats and things you couldn't see until the last minute... It was like Resident Evil, just the whole "zombie" aspect was replaced with "creatures from the foulest depths of hell."

I guess, in that respect, it was like a fusion of Doom and Resi... But the game didn't scare me, so much as annoy me, since I could never finish the first level without cheats. I had the whole first level down to a science, but there was always that one surprise that I KNEW was coming, but just wasn't prepared for.

Actually... I think that's the only game I HAVEN'T made it past the second level in... The first level killed me almost every time, and if the first level didn't, the second did... THAT mentally scarred me for life...

Squad 11 - Sanity isn't our style.

Emilie Autumn, in the middle. She's amazing. That is all.

"We're all puppets. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings."
(#58 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

12-23-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koaku View Post
Someone remember this game..Clock Tower?
OMG I LOVE THIS GAME! I was just about to mention it! My best guy friend dressed up as scissorman for Halloween!

Whenever I play, I nearly jump out of my skin. Scissorman is basically my video game villain boyfriend. lol I bought it on eBay REALLY cheap about a year ago and my friends and I always play it when we have a large group of people.

Liz Serowka's Photos | Facebook

He bought those large scissors from Hobby Lobby. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
There is a game called Eternal Darkness on the Gamecube. Brilliant game that got rave reviews but slipped under the radar of most gamers.

The gameplay is a bit dated now but the story is freaky.

However the part of the game which freaks me out is the unique way in which the game makes you insane. You have a sanity meter which when almost empty, things start happening to your gameplay experience. At first it will be something simply like a fly walking across the TV. It looks real and the first time I experienced it I swatted at the fly but it wouldn't fly away. It took me a while to realise that I was imagining things. Other effects include when going to save your game... the game will act as if it deleted it instead and will return you to the title screen momentarily. I was almost crying considering the progress I made when I first experienced this but soon enough was returned to the game.
Dude! That game sounds so cool! I'm going to try and find that at GameStop now. I love games when you have a mental health meter. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excessum View Post

The Thing. I think that anyone who has played it, will understand why.
lol. I don't even understand what made the game so scary, but it just was.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#59 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-23-2008, 07:12 PM

Resident Evil Survivor...
(#60 (permalink))
Old
mangafreak (Offline)
EAT THE CAKE!

Scarred by a game - 12-23-2008, 07:43 PM

I was terrified for almost two months after going to visit my uncle who I rarely saw, and he had one of those game systems you hook up to the TV, like Xbox or Playstation or whatever. He only had games for "older audiences" so the most appropriate one was Van Helsing. I was really bored, so my dad told me to go entertain myself. Anyway, after playing that game (I was only 9) I couldn't sleep for two months. I still can't watch horror movies without feeling sick, and am totally afraid of lightning now, because once you got to a certain level, you walk into a really dark room, and bolt of lightning strikes, and then these 3 freaky vampire girls came out nowhere and try to kill you.

"Why waste good technology on science and medicine? Play video games instead."