JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#601 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
09-12-2010, 10:59 AM

@MMM - You said, to live in Japan, you need to have done 4 years of college, i.e. a 4-year course. Would you be eligible to live there with 3 years of college & 2 years of university? I am currently studying HND IT at college (my third year), with the goal of 'jumping' into the 3rd year (of a 4-year course) at university. Apparently, after completing the HND course, you can jump into the 3rd year of university, instead of starting from the first year. Please reply soon

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#602 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

09-12-2010, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboP26 View Post
@MMM - You said, to live in Japan, you need to have done 4 years of college, i.e. a 4-year course.
he said equivalent of a 4 year programme.
for example we here have a university were its 3 year programme is evaluated higher than having 2 BC's there for you have better chances in life with paper from there than spending 8 years somewhere else.
(#603 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-12-2010, 02:10 PM

In Australia we complete a bachelor degree in 3 years which is enough to get a working visa to teach in Japan.
(#604 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

09-12-2010, 04:23 PM

I see. So I'm guessing the degree is more important than the time taken to achieve it?

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#605 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

09-13-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboP26 View Post
I see. So I'm guessing the degree is more important than the time taken to achieve it?
Yes, but just a reminder, having a degree doesn't mean you will get a job in Japan for sure...... its just give you the better edge
(#606 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

09-13-2010, 05:56 PM

Cool. I totally understand now. Just clarifying so I have a better idea of what I need to do. Thanks for all the help too. Much appreciated.

(#607 (permalink))
Old
macki06 (Offline)
New to JF

01-19-2011, 03:05 PM

hi,
im just curious, because ive always wanted to live in japan too. im a 24 yr old nurse in england, and english isnt really my native language, and to be honest im not really sure if im qualified enough to be an english teacher lol, although i think, having english as an acquired language has its advantages as well, but unfortunately my japanese is somewhat pigieon'ish, lol,

and ofcourse i wouldnt also mind working as a nurse in japan, i just think that registration requirements arent gonna be easy though, after having registered in the Phil (originally), the UK, and the US myself. i just can imagine, how technical its gonna be to register/practice in japan.

so i might have to forget working as a nurse in japan all together...
and, reading through some comments about how difficult it is to work as a translator/interpreter, i dont know if can work it all out. haha.

for some reason, i think that id feel at home the most if i were in japan. having said that, going there for a holiday prolly is the best thing to do for now.
(#608 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

01-19-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macki06 View Post
hi,
im just curious, because ive always wanted to live in japan too. im a 24 yr old nurse in england, and english isnt really my native language, and to be honest im not really sure if im qualified enough to be an english teacher lol, although i think, having english as an acquired language has its advantages as well, but unfortunately my japanese is somewhat pigieon'ish, lol,

and ofcourse i wouldnt also mind working as a nurse in japan, i just think that registration requirements arent gonna be easy though, after having registered in the Phil (originally), the UK, and the US myself. i just can imagine, how technical its gonna be to register/practice in japan.

and, reading through some comments about how difficult it is to work as a translator/interpreter, i dont know if can work it all out. haha.

for some reason, i think that id feel at home the most if i were in japan. having said that, going there for a holiday prolly is the best thing to do for now.
Agreed, moving and living in japan is not as simple as most people think. Too many out there wanted to stay in japan for all the wrong reasons. You have to have more than marketable skills to get a job in Japan.

For the longest time I wanted a job in Japan. I have friends and families there, and I lived there as a kid. But failing in my job hunt, I have decided to just stay in this country, work hard so that i can afford to go to japan as often as I could......
(#609 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-19-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macki06 View Post
hi,

I believe I saw a show saying there are more foreign nurses needed in Japan as the population is getting older, and some young people aren't able to take in their parents, as is common practice. It may be worth looking into.
(#610 (permalink))
Old
macki06 (Offline)
New to JF

01-19-2011, 10:30 PM

thanks
reading through some more info. i have found out that recently theres only one filipino and 2 indonesian nurses who made it through, out of a hundred nurses or so i think. haha. wow.
i guess, you'd really have to decide early on, that its what you wanted and work 100% towards that goal, and even then, it might not be enough. oh well.