LinkBack Thread Tools
(#81 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

05-11-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachava View Post
If you find a Japanese man who will let his daughter marry you without a degree (because you have zero career potential), I will happily pay for your wedding

Also, I did mention the spousal visa so you didn't need to explain getting married as being an option...
Maybe someone that is desperate to get a US citizenship and move there. Oh wait, so you have to take her to the US

Of course, there are always people whose parents are no longer around that you can get married with
(#82 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to chachava
05-11-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Maybe someone that is desperate to get a US citizenship and move there. Oh wait, so you have to take her to the US

Of course, there are always people whose parents are no longer around that you can get married with

Problem is, in this country, money is king. Someone with no degree has little/no chance of making any real money so won't really be a good choice of husband. If he has a wealthy family to fund him then that is a different story of course...
(#83 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-11-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:

Why would a woman marry a man that can't start a decent career in her home country and make enough money to raise a family?
(#84 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

05-11-2008, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatredcopter View Post
Well I'm very ecstatic to say that I just got notified today that I've been accepted into JET as a CIR (not an ALT ). I don't know where I'll be placed yet, but at the moment I really don't care. Becoming a CIR has been my plan ever since I started university 3 and a half years ago. I'll be graduating this June, and a few months after that I'll be off to Japan once again .

VICTOLY!

Good job "putting up." If you're in Kyoto-ken, I'll buy you a drink.
(#85 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

05-11-2008, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Sweet news, Hatredcopter! I look forward to hearing more about where you'll be and how it goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
Congratulations. ^_^ I wish you the best of luck. It's great that you managed to achieve your goal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuwabuki View Post

VICTOLY!

Good job "putting up." If you're in Kyoto-ken, I'll buy you a drink.
Thanks, guys. It certainly made my day... although it was a little nerve wracking, because the Chicago consulate 'delayed' my results. They never specified exactly why, but I was supposed to find out if I was accepted in early April rather than right now. Either way, I'm glad everything turned out alright. As far as placement goes, they say I'll find out after I send back my confirmation of participation, so hopefully it won't be too long.

郷に入っては郷に従え
(#86 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
05-11-2008, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Thanks, guys. It certainly made my day... although it was a little nerve wracking, because the Chicago consulate 'delayed' my results. They never specified exactly why, but I was supposed to find out if I was accepted in early April rather than right now. Either way, I'm glad everything turned out alright. As far as placement goes, they say I'll find out after I send back my confirmation of participation, so hopefully it won't be too long.
Congratulations! Here is to hoping you make it back to the Nagoya area. :P I`ll take you out to dinner or something.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#87 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

05-12-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Congratulations! Here is to hoping you make it back to the Nagoya area. :P I`ll take you out to dinner or something.
Nagoya would be great. That's where I went to school, so I know (and love) the area pretty well. I put down Aichi as my preference on the application, but I'm told you'll be pretty lucky to actually be placed where you want to with JET. I'm just a little nervous about being placed out in the boonies. I actually know a guy who got placed on Sado Island off of Niigata... talk about out there.

郷に入っては郷に従え
(#88 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-12-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Nagoya would be great. That's where I went to school, so I know (and love) the area pretty well. I put down Aichi as my preference on the application, but I'm told you'll be pretty lucky to actually be placed where you want to with JET. I'm just a little nervous about being placed out in the boonies. I actually know a guy who got placed on Sado Island off of Niigata... talk about out there.
There are very few placements on tiny islands, maybe 5-10 in all of JET, I would guess. Chances are you'll be in a small town, but not too far from a larger city.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan
(#89 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

05-12-2008, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Why would a woman marry a man that can't start a decent career in her home country and make enough money to raise a family?
Exactly! It seems that these kids just chase this "dream" blindly without doing anything to get there. As ALL suggested before, you have to have something to offer in order to get a return. Its a simple way of life....
(#90 (permalink))
Old
Kajitsu (Offline)
Is a very strange fruit.

05-14-2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Exactly! It seems that these kids just chase this "dream" blindly without doing anything to get there. As ALL suggested before, you have to have something to offer in order to get a return. Its a simple way of life....
Exactly! I hate it when people don't know that they have to work toward a goal. I also hate it when people assume everyone with a dream isn't willing to work for it! Aargh...

MMM, I could not have said it better myself. *sigh* back to practicing katakana...

Avatar credit to Tejou from Digik Designs