JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
08-01-2008, 05:45 PM

If I consider just having fun, I prefer Tokyo.. that' the place to have some fun.. but if I would find a place to stay.. I prefer Kyoto.. the air is nicer than Tokyo, and the people there is much more humble and easy to communicate..

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!

(#42 (permalink))
Old
sillygodxdisco (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to sillygodxdisco
08-01-2008, 07:27 PM

tokyo all the way!
it's got all the fashion, music, and fun.
& i love cities. =]

"listen a heartless shout listen a heartless cry listen a heartless world"
.. cyclone : 12012 ♪

facebook
&
mixi

girugamesh. rentrer en soi. antic cafe. the gazette. ♥
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Wasabista (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-02-2008, 05:46 AM

I guess I prefer the place I'm already in: northern Saitama. The people are majime, I've got everything I need, walking and cycling around is a pleasure and I can always get to Tokyo easily when I want to.

On the other hand, living on the west side of Tokyo, the fashionable suburbs stretching to the Tama River and beyond, would be cool too.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Uriko (Offline)
JF Cereal Killer

08-02-2008, 06:13 AM

Tokyo or Osaka. just 'cause. ^^

But to despair was to wish back for something already lost.
Or to prolong what was already unbearable.

(#45 (permalink))
Old
joker8880231 (Offline)
JF Regular

08-09-2008, 09:51 PM

I would choose to live up north where it is less crowded the only problem is its colder but I like the cold so thats not much of a problem.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

09-02-2008, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriko View Post

Tokyo or Osaka. just 'cause. ^^
According to your 'location', which says '渋谷区', you already live in Tokyo and not far from me. Hope you ain't one of those pretenders...
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-02-2008, 05:49 AM

I used to live in Miami, Florida. When I tell people that they think "wow, how cool was that?", not knowing that visiting a place and living there are quite different things. Visitors are looking for the good and fun things, and that's usually all they experience, those of us who live there get to see the bigger picture, and it's usually not as pretty.

A lot of people here have voted for Tokyo, and I love Tokyo myself, I spend every weekend there. But for all the good things there are to see and do, there are lots of things which are difficult and inconvenient. Everything in Tokyo is expensive, buses and trains are crowded, and the noise is incessant. Trains, cars, trucks, airplanes, scooters with no mufflers, barking dogs (there are millions of miniature, ankle-biting dogs in Tokyo), and speaker trucks. Some parts of the city are not especially clean, and some neighborhoods seem to smell perpetually of sewage.

I live in the countryside about an hour from metro Tokyo. I was disappointed when I was assigned to work here, as I had been promised a position in Tokyo, but now I find that I am quite happy where I am. The town where I live is surrounded by farmland, and is near the beach. There is lots of scenery to enjoy, and the smell of the sea is pleasant. The cost of living here is a fraction of what it is in Tokyo, the people are friendly, it's clean, and most of all, it's quiet.

Thanks to Japan's very modern transportation system, every part of the country is accessible. I can spend my weekends in Osaka or Kyoto, or even Sapporo, and it generally doesn't take long to get there.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
kaelazors (Offline)
おっす!

09-02-2008, 06:44 AM

i think i'd have to go with tokyo cuz i just love big cities ^^

hello kitty clan leader
anime romance clan delegate

バスガス爆発ブスバスガイド ;]
(#49 (permalink))
Old
ptbrock (Offline)
New to JF

09-02-2008, 08:48 PM

I'll be living in tokyo, mostly cuz i'm 22 and wanted to work at a big company. If employment wasn't a consideration, I'd go with Fukuoka, where I studied abroad. Laid-back lifestyle in a decently large city and right by the ocean too. Summers are a bit of a downer if you're like me and don't handle heat too well, but that's what air conditioning is for
(#50 (permalink))
Old
Tain (Offline)
JF Regular

09-12-2008, 01:50 AM

osaka, maybe kobe. i don't have experience with living in the countryside, but i grow up in a somewhat countryside place in the netherlands. i'd rather live in a city from that experience, and i love osaka/kansai culture and dialect. people seem to be nicer, but i've only visited tokyo once, so it's hard to tell