JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#61 (permalink))
Old
Compaqmac321 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-25-2009, 07:32 AM

hmmm
man to man i can tell you straight up that no 17 year old on the planet is ready for marriage.
i remember being 17 and thinking i know it all
that was only 4 years ago and looking back realize that i didnt know a damn thing, and i still dont, im still learning. i agree with MMM
slow down, be SURE
because ppl change QUICK, ppl dont start showing those true colors until later on trust me. no one is saying not to marry her, she might be the one for you
BUT you should be taking it slower than that.
(#62 (permalink))
Old
rison (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-25-2009, 07:37 AM

^^^^
Agree

Cant sleep? or Is it like 3am over there?

Orochimaru >>>>>Akatsuki,
(#63 (permalink))
Old
Compaqmac321 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-25-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rison View Post
^^^^
Agree

Cant sleep? or Is it like 3am over there?
haha its 3 a.m.
i was chilling with a female a while ago and just got in, cant sleep
bout to watch a movie called GO with kubozuka yosuke
(#64 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-25-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellkite View Post
wow

well, dont take my situation so hard, rather tell me your experiences >u< hah

and thanks alanX, thanks you defend me, and it sounds interesting about your whole family actually. can you tell me how it was for them always to marry early? just tell me about their experience, if you can and if it is okay for you.
Did you see the part where AlanX agreed with me that you need to get to know her better, and at least visit Japan before you commit to spending the rest of your life there?
Quote:
i know it is early, i myself never wanted to marry so son first, but then i also looked at my parents, and that i was born too late, when my parents were around 35 or such, i was born, thats too late in my opinion, and they married with 32 or so. i dont want to do so again, and for her parents, they were with her this one month, and also saw me, and this year her mother comes with her again.
Do you understand the difference between 17 and 32? Of course not, because you are 17. Are you really rushing into marriage to have children young? What does your fiance feel about this?
(#65 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-25-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
i also looked at my parents, and that i was born too late, when my parents were around 35 or such, i was born, thats too late in my opinion, and they married with 32 or so. i dont want to do so again, and for her parents, they were with her this one month, and also saw me, and this year her mother comes with her again.
There's nothing wrong with that. The average age of first marriage in Austria is 30.3 for men which is almost identical to Japan.

Heck, I'm closing in on 40 and I'm still single! I may not be around to see my grandchildren (when I marry) but I have absolutely no regrets. I've studied hard, worked hard and played hard and did so many things I couldn't imagine doing if I was tied down with a family.
(#66 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-25-2009, 04:57 PM

I get the feeling that whatever we suggest to hellkite.... it's not going to make a difference.

My advice to Hellkite... MMM is right... but I bet that's not going to stop you... so just be prepared to learn from your experience if it fails completely (which it sounds like it will).
(#67 (permalink))
Old
SakuraSan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to SakuraSan Send a message via Skype™ to SakuraSan
04-25-2009, 06:04 PM

Young marriage can work out too guys, my parents wed when they were 19, and have been married 26 years, they had only been going out for a month before aswell. They have four kids, and still in love..

It's crazy, but I guess when you're with the right person you'll know.
Doubt i'll have that luck.
(#68 (permalink))
Old
blimp (Offline)
偽関西人

04-26-2009, 11:15 AM

i'll avoid making any comments concerning your age and the fairly short period of time spent together and move straight on to your first obstacle to life in japan; visa.

the more of a stable situation your can show the immigration officer the easier it is to get a visa. here age, time spent together, financial situation etc. come in to play. now, i am not an immigration officer nor an immigration solicitor, but i would still stick out my neck and say that you could experience some problems when applying for a visa due to the above mentioned issues.

furthermore, if i am correct you will also be required to have the consent of both your mother and your father as you seem to be below 20 at the time of the planned marriage. in japan you, as a man, need to be 18 to be able to marry.

六甲颪(おろし)に 颯爽(さっそう)と
蒼天(そうてん)翔(か)ける日輪(にちりん)の
青春の覇気 美(うるわ)しく
輝く我が名ぞ 阪神タイガース
※オウ オウ オウオウ 阪神タイガース フレ フレ フレフレ
(#69 (permalink))
Old
dirtyroboto (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-26-2009, 06:47 PM

ROFLMFAO!!!

This is the most provocative original post I have seen without deletion...

Read the OP and it states that he has booked a church!!! Hmmmm!

So the young Japanese girl and her bhuddist family are happy to let her marry a gaijin in a church (does not state where) I assume Japan as he states July, and all will live happy ever after in Japan. With the parents giving consent to an unemployed and uneducated (by JP standards) gaijin.

This OP is delusional and is posting a dream. If it is fact then they should be taking notes with respect to publishing a book at a later date.

All arguments after the OP are based on some arseholes fantasy and are thus argumants based on a fictional event. Get real and don't post on MMM's reply without looking at the OP in detail.

Last edited by dirtyroboto : 04-26-2009 at 06:51 PM.