LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
nukiuchi (Offline)
New to JF

Wink 05-07-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcyk8703 View Post
I meant no disrespect nukiuchi, I've met a few people who have been totally shocked/disappointed with Japan due to the fact that they came here believing life was tv, movies, animes portray it as. I think its better to get a kick in the ass by a reality check than to come and waste your time/money on a false image. Seems you have a strong grasp of what you want to accomplish, I wish you the best of luck.

When you do land in Japan, dont pay much attention to being treated like a foreigner, just enjoy your time and do what you set out to do. As for being treated as a foreigner, that can't be helped, you're a foreigner. Can't expect to land in another country and expect to be treated as a citizen.
thank you very much i have strong feelings for this country and i beleive that you are absolutely right - I HAVE TO ENJOY MY TIME & DO WHAT I PLAN TO DO (goals and all^_^). i will live my life as the person I am no matter how i look or where i'm from, arigato
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Troo (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-07-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukiuchi View Post
thank you very much i have strong feelings for this country and i beleive that you are absolutely right - I HAVE TO ENJOY MY TIME & DO WHAT I PLAN TO DO (goals and all^_^). i will live my life as the person I am no matter how i look or where i'm from, arigato
That's the spirit!

A Troo with a View - Travel blog, Troo style.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
survivingonrice (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-07-2009, 09:34 PM

uhh yeah i dont think there's gonna a problem with your religion...but...if the only reason you wanna go live in japan is because your an otaku..then...woah, bad idea

i needed a new sig
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Troo (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-08-2009, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingonrice View Post
uhh yeah i dont think there's gonna a problem with your religion...but...if the only reason you wanna go live in japan is because your an otaku..then...woah, bad idea
People keep saying this, but I've known otaku who've married Japanese women, moved to Japan, and are extremely happy there.

A Troo with a View - Travel blog, Troo style.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
nukiuchi (Offline)
New to JF

05-08-2009, 12:01 PM

.... i stopped being an otaku since i turned 13 yrs old (i am now 19 yrs old) and i love japan as the glorious country it is! i want to go there to live my whole life as a single muslim girl in a large nation that doesn't have much muslims in it. i want to make a difference as a hijab wearing onna.. >_<
(#26 (permalink))
Old
tokyokhan (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to tokyokhan
05-08-2009, 05:24 PM

Hello & salaam...

Glad to hear a muslim wants to come to Japan - especially one that loves Japanese culture!

If you pray salaat then here is a link to my local mosque, it's very nice and definately worth a visit:

Tokyo Camii & Turkish Culture Center 東京ジャーミイ・トルコ文化センター , Tokyo Mosque , 東京 ジャーミー,東京 ジャーミィ, 東京 モスク

If you get here and need any help like finding places that sell halal meat or halal restaurants (yes we do have some!) let me know!

Bye
(#27 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
05-08-2009, 06:29 PM

yeah.. I believe you will be fine practising our religion here..
if you're lucky, you would be suprises to see some japanese man wearing hijab because they think it is some sort of a fashion.. I've rarely mistaken them myself.. lol

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!

(#28 (permalink))
Old
nukiuchi (Offline)
New to JF

Thumbs up 05-09-2009, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyokhan View Post
Hello & salaam...

Glad to hear a muslim wants to come to Japan - especially one that loves Japanese culture!

If you pray salaat then here is a link to my local mosque, it's very nice and definately worth a visit:

Tokyo Camii & Turkish Culture Center 東京ジャーミイ・トルコ文化センター , Tokyo Mosque , 東京 ジャーミー,東京 ジャーミィ, 東京 モスク

If you get here and need any help like finding places that sell halal meat or halal restaurants (yes we do have some!) let me know!

Bye

thank u soooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!! i feel much better now, knowing that someone cares and can help^_^ ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU!!!

i hope more muslims will follow in my foot steps and go to this wonderful country to find success and happiness. japan will be my only love and joy, no man will ever replace it(lol, weird eh?)
(#29 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-09-2009, 07:57 AM

FANTASTIC!

Wish you all the best when you arrive

I'd love to see you in the Facer and chat threads to talk a little more

Cheers - Oz
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

05-09-2009, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukiuchi View Post
i hope more muslims will follow in my foot steps and go to this wonderful country to find success and happiness. japan will be my only love and joy, no man will ever replace it(lol, weird eh?)
There's already thousands! Did you even read my post?