JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
sakurasake41 (Offline)
New to JF

Temple university, Japan campus? - 05-12-2010, 05:27 PM

Hi everyone! Recently I was given a brochure by a former Japanese teacher about Temple University, an American college which has a campus in Japan where you can complete your American degree, while in Japan. I'm currently going to the University of Hawaii, but frankly, I don't like it there, so I was considering transferring. It's pretty expensive (though the tuition is very low), but I was just wondering if anybody here knew anything about it? I can't seem to find many reviews or anything. Here's the website in case you need it. They're just now offering a Japanese major, which seems a bit odd to me but that's what I would be going into. Any info?

Thanks!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Michelle1968 (Offline)
New to JF

05-12-2010, 07:48 PM

I was always under the impression that you had to go Temple here in Philly and then could do a semester over in Japan. They might have changed that though....
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-12-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1968 View Post
I was always under the impression that you had to go Temple here in Philly and then could do a semester over in Japan. They might have changed that though....
I am pretty sure you do not be enrolled at the Main Campus to go to Japan. They have a campus in Rome, too.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Michelle1968 (Offline)
New to JF

05-15-2010, 02:24 PM

This is going back a bit, but I think in the late 80s/early 90s it was that way...obviously they have changed it.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

05-15-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1968 View Post
This is going back a bit, but I think in the late 80s/early 90s it was that way...obviously they have changed it.
Not that it matters, this isn't true. It mostly depended on local Japanese students from the start.