JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
Harumaki (Offline)
JF Regular

12-04-2009, 09:54 PM

I do not want to go to Japan for a living :S Europe (Holland) is just too easy to live in as foreigner.

And just go to Japan because you like Japanese? nah nah nah...

I'm single because my parents-in-law don't have kids
Old
buggedout (Offline)
New to JF

12-05-2009, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
You need to use punctuation and paragraphs.
thanks for proving my point about people putting me down good effort pretty sure I mentioned I was dyslexic
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
12-05-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post

I hate the fact I had to quit because of that, even though the school was understandable and said they would try to help me if I wanted to try it again since the circumstance was unavoidable. Now, as you know, I really would like to "live" in Japan someday, even if it's for only a year or two and have always been interested in teaching. When applying for work in Japan, is it common for them to check medical records extensively? I personally hate the fact that the PE thing would be on there now. If an employer saw that, wouldn't he/she think, "Oh my god...that person is definitely a liability." I'm also a diabetic. Would that look bad too? It's worse enough that I feel that I'm overlooked here for that reason, but would hate for it to apply to overseas stuff too.
In my experience, employers in Japan don`t ask for medical information unless it is for a job that would require strenuous physical activity. They most likely would not know unless you volunteered the information.

Japanese health care is national, and not provided by the employer, which seems to be the biggest concern for US companies.

If you are honestly so ill that you cannot fulfill the position, then I would suggest not applying for it and working on your health first. Otherwise, you shouldn`t have a problem.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
Old
Salah2c (Offline)
New to JF

Lightbulb 12-05-2009, 07:38 PM

I found this thread at Japanese website.

http://shirouto.seesaa.net/article/134804424.html
(written in Japanese)
Old
sarasi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-06-2009, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggedout View Post
thanks for proving my point about people putting me down good effort pretty sure I mentioned I was dyslexic
I'm sure MMM didn't mean to be rude, it's just that 10 or more lines without a single period or break is very, very hard to read, and in fact a majority of people on seeing a post like that will skip over it, because they will get a headache trying to read it.

I appreciate that you are making an effort already and it is difficult for you, but just a few commas, periods and hitting the enter key to separate the lines from time to time would mean that people would actually read your posts.

Does being dyslexic make it hard to know when to use periods/fullstops?

(See how I separated those three sentences? Doing that makes it far easier for people to read my post than if I had run it all into one paragraph.)
Old
buggedout (Offline)
New to JF

12-06-2009, 01:19 AM

theres no need to be so patronising why is it everyone that replys to anything I post in this forum is just rude to me yes been dsylexic does make it hard to use full stops and commas but you wont have to worry about reading my posts anymore because im sick of been insulted and patronised thanks guys you've been a real help
Old
utsu (Offline)
JF Regular

12-06-2009, 01:53 AM

Bugged out, I'm sorry, but you're full of it.

I have mild dyslexia, but that doesn't stop me from using punctuation marks and spellcheckers and hitting the "enter" key once in a while for paragraph breaks.

There's dyslexia and then there's being lazy. Sorry, but those are two different things.

(And yes, this post was written in Word first and spell-checked, and then copied and pasted here.)
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-06-2009, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Did I put you down? Your wall of text is almost unreadable without breaks and punctuation.

Being dyslexic doesn't prevent you from hitting "enter" every once in a while and putting a period at the end of each of your thoughts. Dyslexia has nothing to do with punctuation. It has to do with reading and spelling.

Quote:
theres no need to be so patronising why is it everyone that replys to anything I post in this forum is just rude to me yes been dsylexic does make it hard to use full stops and commas but you wont have to worry about reading my posts anymore because im sick of been insulted and patronised thanks guys you've been a real help

Really?

I truly hope you find a forum that will help fuel your self-pity. It ain't going to happen here.

Last edited by MMM : 12-06-2009 at 07:13 AM.
Old
buggedout (Offline)
New to JF

12-06-2009, 11:05 AM

Ok so I wasn’t going to reply to this try to rise up and be the better person but I couldn’t believe how offensive the last posts where.
If dyslexia has nothing to do with punctuation then why does my university spend money on a support worker to go over all of my work and help me put punctuation in please don’t speak about things you know nothing about dyslexia affects people in different ways mine happens to affect punctuation spelling and numbers

I’m not full of anything and I didn’t come here looking for sympathy I came looking for nice people to talk about my future with what I didn’t expect is to just get bullied which is what you’re doing its bullying not only that your bullying me for a disability what’s wrong with you are you really the kind of people who just sit in front of your computers judging people you don’t even know and then bullying them because that's just not cool

P.S I had my house mate check over this before posting it which is why its wrote the way it is because my Microsoft office has been broken for a few weeks now just won’t open normally when I’m typing stuff I would copy and paste it from there but no one asked that it just got assumed I was been lazy and not doing it

I’m sorry I somehow turned this thread into an argument it was not my intention but I can’t just let bullying slide it’s just wrong
Old
atheistwithfaith (Offline)
JF Regular

12-06-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Ok so I wasn’t going to reply to this try to rise up and be the better person but I couldn’t believe how offensive the last posts where.
If dyslexia has nothing to do with punctuation then why does my university spend money on a support worker to go over all of my work and help me put punctuation in please don’t speak about things you know nothing about dyslexia affects people in different ways mine happens to affect punctuation spelling and numbers

I’m not full of anything and I didn’t come here looking for sympathy I came looking for nice people to talk about my future with what I didn’t expect is to just get bullied which is what you’re doing its bullying not only that your bullying me for a disability what’s wrong with you are you really the kind of people who just sit in front of your computers judging people you don’t even know and then bullying them because that's just not cool

P.S I had my house mate check over this before posting it which is why its wrote the way it is because my Microsoft office has been broken for a few weeks now just won’t open normally when I’m typing stuff I would copy and paste it from there but no one asked that it just got assumed I was been lazy and not doing it

I’m sorry I somehow turned this thread into an argument it was not my intention but I can’t just let bullying slide it’s just wrong
How on earth is what people said bullying, you are far too touchy if you think that. If you want people to help you, you should at least take the time to write out your post properly.

While it is obviously takes longer for you because of your problem, as others have said, its just lazyness that stops you doing it.

If you are so offended by the very mild comments people posted then you are really going to struggle in real life where people will make judgements based on spelling and grammar.