JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
buggedout (Offline)
New to JF

12-06-2009, 12:53 PM

Im sorry did you not just read my post I clearly stated I would normally have typed it in word first but the programe is broken and wont open on my computer its not lazyness Im just incapble of doing anything about it at the moment.

this is my problem people just jumping in and having a go at me with out even taking into consideration what iv already explained and with out knowing anything about me this is bullying

I get on fine in real life because the people I hang round with dont have a go at me for no reason and I dont have a problem with job interviews because people can tell when they talk to me im clearly an itteligent person.

so how about instead of jumping in and having sly little digs at me people just leave it and stop putting me down each person may only be saying tiny minor things but the fact its more than one person makes it a bit more of a big deal.
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-06-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggedout View Post
Im sorry did you not just read my post I clearly stated I would normally have typed it in word first but the programe is broken and wont open on my computer its not lazyness Im just incapble of doing anything about it at the moment.

this is my problem people just jumping in and having a go at me with out even taking into consideration what iv already explained and with out knowing anything about me this is bullying

I get on fine in real life because the people I hang round with dont have a go at me for no reason and I dont have a problem with job interviews because people can tell when they talk to me im clearly an itteligent person.

so how about instead of jumping in and having sly little digs at me people just leave it and stop putting me down each person may only be saying tiny minor things but the fact its more than one person makes it a bit more of a big deal.
Just ignore..

It's fairly common and very trul and obviously accepted on this forum..

If I was younger, It may affect me but being 41, I feel like I wopuld be responding to 12 year olds..

I guess the generations have changed

Cheers - Oz
Old
buggedout (Offline)
New to JF

12-06-2009, 02:47 PM

thank you oz for been nice it made me smile I shall try to ignore it from now and enjoy the rest of the forum
Old
Gotdumplings (Offline)
New to JF

12-09-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Just thought I`d volunteer any info that anyone needs...

I live in Japan, not in Tokyo, and have lived here for almost 9 years now. I basically came to Japan with nothing (On my own, not part of any program, not as a teacher, with almost no money, etc) when I was 17, and have been here pretty much ever since.

I`m now married, and *own* a home. I`m willing to answer pretty much any questions about real life in Japan - not the English teacher in Tokyo type stuff... Because that`s only like 0.1% of reality. (Not to offend any of the English teachers in Tokyo or anything though.)

We usually try and help other people who are/were in the same boat as I was when I came to Japan (Bad family life, etc), but last year a girl we let stay with us really screwed us over so we have stopped for the time being. But I really want to help people, so if I can in any way please ask!

(Oh, and I think I mentioned a lot more stuff in my intro in the introductions thread, so...)
Your story is amazing. I've always dreamed of moving to Japan, but I don't even know where to start. To be honest, I'm doing well here in the US, but I feel like I'd be much happier in Japan. I love the fashion, technology, city-life, language, anime/dramas, etc.

It would be hard to give up my life here, but if I knew what to do about moving there, I would. I haven't learned any Japanese, but I was thinking of taking courses at the local community college to start off. ANy advice on what else I should look into?
Old
Doriftogaijin83 (Offline)
New to JF

12-10-2009, 06:43 AM

Hi, you said that you only taught English to save money, but I have been told that you need a college degree to get the job, did the school not ask you about your educational background? Were you teaching conversation class?
Also, I have been in Japan for three weeks and I am looking for a job-but not English teacher, I hate it!! What jobs do you recommend for foreigners with little Japanese? Something like construction or a physically demanding job? I would rather do something like that as I am more happy to work using my body doing something more active

Any info you can give will be greatly appreciated!!
Cheers
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
12-10-2009, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doriftogaijin83 View Post
Hi, you said that you only taught English to save money, but I have been told that you need a college degree to get the job, did the school not ask you about your educational background? Were you teaching conversation class?
You need a degree to get a work visa. You need a visa to work. In my case, I was married at the time so already had a visa that allowed me to work. Whether you have a degree is not a concern if you have a visa with unlimited work permission.

Quote:
Also, I have been in Japan for three weeks and I am looking for a job-but not English teacher, I hate it!! What jobs do you recommend for foreigners with little Japanese? Something like construction or a physically demanding job? I would rather do something like that as I am more happy to work using my body doing something more active

Any info you can give will be greatly appreciated!!
Cheers
A question first; Do you have a visa allowing work?

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
Old
therealWrongworld (Offline)
New to JF

12-10-2009, 10:43 PM

hey everyone

just joined to forum and have been reading all 115 pages here over the last week.
good to see an happy ending to your struggle, to find happiness in life Nyororin
and wanna thank thoose of u who take the time to answer all the questions we might have.

anyway, im a guy from denmark who turns 21 in may and my biggest dream is to experience daily life in japan first hand.
maybe one day move there, allthough moving there will properbly not become more then a dream.

my plan is to get a pre-pension, here in denmark within the next few years and keep living with my father for a few month, to get money enough to stay at a host family for 2-3 month in japan.
then return home and do it all over again and again, untill i get tired of traveling back and fourth.
(if i like it there ofcourse, but would be surprised if i didnt)

problem is that i was bad in school, finnished 9 grade and that im unable to work, job ect. and properbly never will be able to handle a job.

im diagnosed with paranoid schizopfrenia, never been sick enough to be hospitilized, and havent taken any medication for 4 month now.
since im better off without now, since i dont have any positive symptoms anymore.

and because of that i properbly will never be able to stay in japan more then thoose 2-3 month.

now to my questions.
and i hope someone would like to help with them, since i cant find anything on the internet about it, if there is anything its properbly in japanese
(and cant read that)
but its understandble if none wanna give me any answers since u would properbly have to do some seaching.

anyway.
i would like to know how life is for a schizopfrenic person in japan, would he just be hospitilized even if he aint dangerous for himself, or others for that matter?
what about a place to live and food ect. if he aint able to handle a job?
would it be posible to get some sort of pre-pension like in denmark?
would i have to be diagnosed in japan for schizopfrenia or would i be able to take the diagnosis with me there?
whatever they have, would a citizen of japan only be able to get it, or would someone like me also be able to get it with a plausel visa? (or what its called)

i would be really greatfull if someone would answer some of my questions.
and thanks for your time eitherway

pleased to meet u all
Old
ionux (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to ionux Send a message via Skype™ to ionux
12-13-2009, 11:32 AM

hey nyororin, do you know how much an apartment costs in Japan? to buy, not to rent. i'm thinking of selling my place here (romania), and buying one in Japan.
what are my chances of finding work as a programmer/network administrator/it professional (since i will be finishing computer science studies at university this year)? Do i have any chance of moving to Japan permanently and working there?
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

12-13-2009, 02:00 PM

Seem to have missed this the first time around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealWrongworld View Post
i would like to know how life is for a schizopfrenic person in japan, would he just be hospitilized even if he aint dangerous for himself, or others for that matter?
There is generally no forced hospitalization in Japan unless there is a crime involved. It is almost always the choice of the individual or their family.

Quote:
what about a place to live and food ect. if he aint able to handle a job?
The question here becomes "How would you be allowed to live in Japan if you were unable to work?" - You would need a visa to live in Japan. If you are unable to work, there is pretty much no chance of getting one.

Quote:
would it be posible to get some sort of pre-pension like in denmark?
It isn`t possible - but even if it were, you would not be eligible. In order to receive benefits from the Japanese government, you would need to be a Japanese resident... And without that visa, you cannot be one.

Quote:
would i have to be diagnosed in japan for schizopfrenia or would i be able to take the diagnosis with me there?
Either.

Quote:
whatever they have, would a citizen of japan only be able to get it, or would someone like me also be able to get it with a plausel visa? (or what its called)
As a visitor, you would not be applicable for any type of benefit.

Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

12-13-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionux View Post
hey nyororin, do you know how much an apartment costs in Japan? to buy, not to rent. i'm thinking of selling my place here (romania), and buying one in Japan.
what are my chances of finding work as a programmer/network administrator/it professional (since i will be finishing computer science studies at university this year)? Do i have any chance of moving to Japan permanently and working there?
The work comes before the move. Without employment, you`ll have pretty much no chance of getting a visa to live in Japan.
As to the ease of finding a job... Do you speak Japanese? Are you familiar with Japanese work culture and business practices? Do you already have a visa that allows you to work in Japan?
If the answer to these are all no, then consider it in the "99.999995% impossible" range. There are tons of Japanese who have the same qualifications as you will, but who are native Japanese speakers, know Japanese culture and business practices, who have the Japanese education background prepping them for work in a Japanese company, and who have absolutely no visa issues to worry about.
Unless you have some incredibly amazing talent that can make up for all the disadvantages to hiring someone lacking all those things... Then it is going to be EXTREMELY hard.

ETA; Forgot about the apartment cost. There is a huge range - how large? How new? Where? All these things change the price so I can give no answer.