JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#151 (permalink))
Old
ShibaInu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Question 02-25-2007, 06:48 AM

Hello Nyororin,

Thanks for the very useful information you're providing us... I'm not sure if this was already answered, but what websites (or any other media) do you particularly recommend for foreigners like us who are looking for job opportunities in japan?
(#152 (permalink))
Old
yamada63 (Offline)
New to JF

website - 02-25-2007, 09:54 AM

Hi ShibaInu!

Try JAC Japan..

http://www.jacjapan.co.jp/

you can apply lots of job there by sending your resume!
(#153 (permalink))
Old
ShibaInu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Smile 02-26-2007, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamada63 View Post
Hi ShibaInu!

Try JAC Japan..

http://www.jacjapan.co.jp/

you can apply lots of job there by sending your resume!
Thanks Yamada...I've checked the site.... I guess, I will need to brush up on my japanese writing skills so I can read the japanese characters...
(#154 (permalink))
Old
yamada63 (Offline)
New to JF

luck - 02-28-2007, 11:21 AM

Good Luck ShibaInu!
(#155 (permalink))
Old
Ukarea (Offline)
New to JF

Living in Japan - 03-04-2007, 12:58 PM

Folks, this is one hell of a discussion. Very interesting. I can understand why getting into Japan and let alone living there is one hell of a difficulty! But aside from the nitty and gritty of it all, I found the japanese people very graceful, full of respect even though hard to bend on rules and generally kind and considerate. I have lived in Nagoya, Japan for a few months not so long ago. And I must admit, I fell in love with the people, the culture and the infrastructural system. I would love to do it again if the opportunity is given me. But my difficulty is of curse, language. I'm not a teacher nor do I have experiene in that field. Nothwithstanding that, I will damn take on the challlenge of teaching english as a foreign language if that's what it takes to get back and start a living in Japan and start making hard cash. Oh, by the way, I also have close to 10 years experience in print journalism. So if anyone there can help set me up for a print journo post with an English newspaper in Japan, if there's any, I would gladly take it on.

Looking forward to getting any comments, advice, whatever! Ta.
(#156 (permalink))
Old
Pachipro (Offline)
JF Regular

03-04-2007, 08:27 PM

Ukarea, if you have a 4 year degree in any subject you will have no problem finding a job in Japan as an English teacher regardless of your Japanese ability and regardless of whether you have experience or not. There are many links on this site for English jobs in Japan. English teaching is the fastest route into Japan.

Once there you will be able to maybe get info into working for the Japan Times or the English language versions of other Japanese newspapers and magazines. Good Luck!

Do What You Love And You'll NEVER Work Another Day In Your Life.

For blogs on my experiences of living in Japan please visit www.sushicam.com and click on "Pachipro"
(#157 (permalink))
Old
obscureLOVE (Offline)
fiuuu <3

03-18-2007, 04:32 AM

i'm gonna live in japan one o damn i will aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
(#158 (permalink))
Old
Kyoiism (Offline)
-FOOCHA-

03-18-2007, 04:38 AM

Me too, me too.
(#159 (permalink))
Old
Lilongyue (Offline)
JF Regular

03-18-2007, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Just thought I`d volunteer any info that anyone needs...

I live in Japan, not in Tokyo, and have lived here for almost 9 years now. I basically came to Japan with nothing (On my own, not part of any program, not as a teacher, with almost no money, etc) when I was 17, and have been here pretty much ever since.

I`m now married, and *own* a home. I`m willing to answer pretty much any questions about real life in Japan - not the English teacher in Tokyo type stuff... Because that`s only like 0.1% of reality. (Not to offend any of the English teachers in Tokyo or anything though.)

We usually try and help other people who are/were in the same boat as I was when I came to Japan (Bad family life, etc), but last year a girl we let stay with us really screwed us over so we have stopped for the time being. But I really want to help people, so if I can in any way please ask!

(Oh, and I think I mentioned a lot more stuff in my intro in the introductions thread, so...)
[quote=Nyororin;9955]Just thought I`d volunteer any info that anyone needs...

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your story. I myself live in China for 2 years, and have lived in various other Asian countries for two years before that. I'm studying Chinese language, and when I'm finished will obviously be living in a country where those skills will be needed, but I really would like to visit Japan. I'm thinking that it would be best to find some work while I'm there, as I'm a poor student at the moment. I'm curious how you worked in Japan without a 4 year degree (you didn't have one, right?). It seems you first went to Japan several years ago, so maybe things were different then, but is it possible to visit and find some work for a month or so while visiting? Forgive me if this question has already been asked, but 16 pages of posts is just too much to go through. Also, if posting a question like this is a no-no, please let me know.

Andrew
(#160 (permalink))
Old
carry (Offline)
owns ルキ ! x]

Send a message via AIM to carry
03-18-2007, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscureLOVE View Post
i'm gonna live in japan one o damn i will aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
yaaaaaaaaaaaaay then we'll live together^^...i'd be so happy if i could live there *dansu*

RUKI under carry's PERMANENT ownership <3
| LJ | psycho culture | mai speis |