LinkBack Thread Tools
(#451 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

Smile 08-23-2007, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Just thought I`d volunteer any info that anyone needs...

I live in Japan, not in Tokyo, and have lived here for almost 9 years now. I basically came to Japan with nothing (On my own, not part of any program, not as a teacher, with almost no money, etc) when I was 17, and have been here pretty much ever since.

I`m now married, and *own* a home. I`m willing to answer pretty much any questions about real life in Japan - not the English teacher in Tokyo type stuff... Because that`s only like 0.1% of reality. (Not to offend any of the English teachers in Tokyo or anything though.)

We usually try and help other people who are/were in the same boat as I was when I came to Japan (Bad family life, etc), but last year a girl we let stay with us really screwed us over so we have stopped for the time being. But I really want to help people, so if I can in any way please ask!

(Oh, and I think I mentioned a lot more stuff in my intro in the introductions thread, so...)
Hi Nyororin!

I want to live in Japan but I'm not sure in what place to live. I was thinking maybe if I could live with you. Right now I go to high school and I'll be graduating from high school in 2008. I'm planning to go to Japan when I graduate from college.My question is: Are you still going to be living in the same place by the time I finish college or are you planning of moving to a different location? I'll probably finish college in 5 years.

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

(#452 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
08-23-2007, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagato289 View Post
Hi Nyororin!

I want to live in Japan but I'm not sure in what place to live. I was thinking maybe if I could live with you. Right now I go to high school and I'll be graduating from high school in 2008. I'm planning to go to Japan when I graduate from college.My question is: Are you still going to be living in the same place by the time I finish college or are you planning of moving to a different location? I'll probably finish college in 5 years.
Well, as we own this place, I don`t see any moves in the near future... But you know, 5 years is a very very long time. Not to mention the fact that I have no idea whether I will even feel at all inclined to house anyone at that point.

Don`t you think it`s a bit early to be looking for a place to stay? I`d say about a year in advance is the best bet. You may not even be interested in going to Japan in 5 years.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#453 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

08-23-2007, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanopi View Post
do you know of any schools who have exchange prograams. i know that both principals have to agree with it. i won't be able to aforrd it until next year. and i don't know if i should trust an online exchange program. do you have any ideas. it won't be for the whole year, maybe half or something.
It`s always best to try to find an exchange program through your home country first. Generally, schools are linked.
If you want to try a self-arranged exchange, it`s going to be very very hard to manage it for any sort of credit. It wouldn`t be all that difficult to find a school in Japan willing to take you. However without very very good language skills, the chance that you would be able to take some sort of school credit from it would be very low.

(#454 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

08-23-2007, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiemc60 View Post
How did you go about making friends that'd let you stay with them?
The biggest point? I didn`t make friends with them *because* they were Japanese. It`s very hard to have a good lasting friendship when you make it on something as superficial as nationality.

Quote:
And btw, your average day would be very interesting to hear =]
No, my average day is pretty freaking boring.
I`m a housewife. Not exactly the most exciting example of lifestyle. Although if you *really* want to hear it, I would be happy to type out a day in all it`s boringness.

(#455 (permalink))
Old
ajin999 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to ajin999 Send a message via Yahoo to ajin999
08-23-2007, 09:28 AM

Nyororin hai!!!....err how long you already live in japan?.?...can u tell me what is the most interestiing place there?..?...and why people like to go harajuku(duno what is that!!).....

Do The Best
All The Best
Because We Are The Best
(#456 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

08-23-2007, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajin999 View Post
Nyororin hai!!!....err how long you already live in japan?.?...can u tell me what is the most interestiing place there?..?...and why people like to go harajuku(duno what is that!!).....
I`ve lived here 9 and a half years now.

The most interesting place depends very much upon your interests. What I find interesting may not be what you find interesting.

Harajuku is just a shopping district in Tokyo. People like to go there because it is like a little bubble, and it seems like the Japan they WANT Japan to be... But really, it`s just like a little alternative area where people go to run around in weird clothes. (Because it`s one of the only places that they can do so without humiliation.)

(#457 (permalink))
Old
jamiemc60 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to jamiemc60
08-23-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
The biggest point? I didn`t make friends with them *because* they were Japanese. It`s very hard to have a good lasting friendship when you make it on something as superficial as nationality.
Of course. My question sounds impossibly shallow now that I look back on it. I didn't mean it in that sense though. It's just that I've never done it myself before and was curious.
I don't plan on takin that route though. I have a friend there who's taken me in on a few occasions, as i have with him.

Next summer I'm gonna come over for 4-6 months, smell the roses, see if it's for me and then see what happens after the three years at uni.
I think that's my best bet anyway.
thanks though =]

Yeah? Well... BEAT THAT!
(#458 (permalink))
Old
ajin999 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to ajin999 Send a message via Yahoo to ajin999
08-23-2007, 11:52 AM

Quote:
I`ve lived here 9 and a half years now.

The most interesting place depends very much upon your interests. What I find interesting may not be what you find interesting.

Harajuku is just a shopping district in Tokyo. People like to go there because it is like a little bubble, and it seems like the Japan they WANT Japan to be... But really, it`s just like a little alternative area where people go to run around in weird clothes. (Because it`s one of the only places that they can do so without humiliation.)
..o.o i c...thank you for your information...hehehe...err so can u tell me..for you what is your ineteresting place and where u always travel in japan ?.?...and can u tell me some information about the japanese girl(about their characteristics and attitude)huhuh...?.?

Do The Best
All The Best
Because We Are The Best
(#459 (permalink))
Old
Tsuzuki (Offline)
冷血の私生児

Send a message via ICQ to Tsuzuki Send a message via MSN to Tsuzuki Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuzuki Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuzuki
08-23-2007, 04:19 PM

hi I want to live in japan ^^; I started to learn japanese since some month ô.o
but I need many money to can go there ne ??

ギャー(*0*((◎—————ー(°°; ) スッポヌケ〜
✿ あなた だけ が みれば いい... 狂気と真実は紙一重 ✿

そして坊やは眠りについて 息衝く灰の中の炎ひとつ、ふたつと 浮かぶふくらみ愛しい横顔 大地に垂るる幾千の夢、夢 銀の瞳のゆら(◕‿‿◕ )
It's a thin line between genius and stupidity. Once you cross it there is no going back!! Luckily I have tippex and a pen so I can just redraw it where I like!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA =_=

†♫†
(#460 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

08-23-2007, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Well, as we own this place, I don`t see any moves in the near future... But you know, 5 years is a very very long time. Not to mention the fact that I have no idea whether I will even feel at all inclined to house anyone at that point.

Don`t you think it`s a bit early to be looking for a place to stay? I`d say about a year in advance is the best bet. You may not even be interested in going to Japan in 5 years.
Thanks for answering Nyororin.

I know it's too early to be thinking where to live in Japan but it's because I don't like to be thinking about that at the last minute.

I want to live in place where no foreigners live or where not a lot of them live.
It's not because I have anything againts them, it's because I don't want to be speaking English in Japan. I want to have Japanese friends and speak the Japanese language with them. Do you know any place like that?

Right now I started learning the language and hopefully by the end of college
I would be able to speak it and write it well.

I want to work as a doctor or anything that has to do in medical in Japan. I never heard anyone that wants to be doctor and work in Japan so I don't know and don't have any information about medical jobs in Japan and what they ask for the job.

For right now, I need to concentrate in my studies and also in learning the Japanese language. I will try to visit Japan first and see if I like it(which I think I will ). If I really like it, I will try to look for a home and also a job the secod time I visit.

If you think I should try a better way of planning of going to Japan, please let me know.

Thank you.

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka